• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How old when you first had a crush?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
How old when you first had a crush?

Okay, for me, I was about 10 as far as I remember when I had this crush on this girl which then eventually turned into love. :wub:
Turns out that she is actually my girlfriend today.

Lets hear from your experiences below :D

I've not really had a proper crush on anyone tbh. Guys I've dated previously I might have liked them after we broke-up but idk if that counts as a crush(I liked them while dating them but I was with them).
There's been times where I've wanted a boyfriend but no one I really wanted to date specifically tbh. I don't think I get crushes like most girls my age.
My friend Beth was happy all day and I kept on trying to get her to tell me why and eventually said the guy she has a crush on looked at her...?
If you're that infatuated with someone it's out of my comprehension how you'd be able to function properly when they actually start to talk to you and get anywhere near asking you out.
EMZ=]

My friend Beth was happy all day and I kept on trying to get her to tell me why and eventually said the guy she has a crush on looked at her...?
EMZ=]

That's a bit of an over-reaction I think.  :D 

My brother gets girls looking at him all of the time due to the way he dresses, that doesn't mean he's gonna date them all. The most recent was earlier this week when we were in River Island, the shop assistant feel head-over-heels for him. It was so funny. She kept trying to give him suggestions for clothes and stuff and he kept refusing. I think she was slightly pissed off in the end. She was even being overly nice/helpful to my dad who was also shopping at the same time. IIRC I caught her checking him (my bro) out.

Anyway, I think I had my first crush in primary school. The first huge crush was in Junior High School around the age of 14 I think. That was the one were people said those nasty things about me/her which wasn't true. She actually went to the same primary school as me, her friend asked me if I would dance with her at the school disco. I didn't though because for whatever reason I didn't go to the disco and I didn't realise I liked her back then. So I missed my chance. When I finally did like her, my reputation was ruined due to huge absence from school caused by a car crash. People hated me for my absence and then wrote nasty things on my website's guestbook about her with my name on them. I was too shy to ask her out anyway.

I was 4/5 and he was my "boyfriend" in infant's school ^_^ we used to get told off for kissing under the coats in the cloakroom.

My first crush was when I was in kindergarten. He was my "boyfriend" until like 5th grade. XD Then I had a huge crush, which was actually my first person obsession, in 7th grade to 8th grade. Then again from 10th to 12th. Then for a few months freshman year of college. Then I realized that was dangerous and stopped. Met my actual boyfriend three months later. It feels good to have feelings for someone without being obsessed.

I had my first boyfriend when I was 10 and then broke-up(well idk wtf happened) when I was 11 and then got back together when I was 12-13 for like a month.
I CBA rambling on about this subject (Y). So I won't (Y).
EMZ=P

My first crush was when I was in kindergarten. He was my "boyfriend" until like 5th grade. XD Then I had a huge crush, which was actually my first person obsession, in 7th grade to 8th grade. Then again from 10th to 12th. Then for a few months freshman year of college. Then I realized that was dangerous and stopped. Met my actual boyfriend three months later. It feels good to have feelings for someone without being obsessed.

People obsessions have always been a problem for me. I had a very weird one in 2004-06 with some boy at my school who I made friends with. I started off just liking him but it got more and more intense until I was perserverating about him, literally. I would ask other people how he was instead of how they were because I only wanted to talk about him. He didn't know I was obsessed though just everyone else I spoke to.
I remember I went out with him for just over a week but he prefered my on/off best friend at the time (we're now off and have been for a while which I'm glad about tbh), I got annoyed with him and would slag him off when really I was still obsessed and I was still finding excuses to think/talk about him.

I had my first crush between the ages of 13-14. But I got over it. Then in junior high I had a crush on one girl for the next three years. I bet that if I saw her right now, my heart would still probably beat like crazy. Her little sister is at the same high school as me right now and every time I see her, she reminds me of her big sister I had a crush on and that makes me feel kinda sad. After junior high, I haven`t have any crushes and I think that I won`t get new ones anymore so easily, luckily.

I was about 7 or 8 I think. But then when I was 15 I had a crush on someone which turned into me getting obsessed with them. They were in my class and I had never properly even spoke to and just the more I didnt speak to the more I got obsessed then i asked them out and they said maybe and that got my hopes up and then asked again a few days later for an answer she said erm then walked away then got her friends to tell me I scare her and for me to back off.

Then I had heaps of other crushes and stuff and then finally when I was 17 I had 3 gfs even though people wouldnt class it as relationships as they lasted 3 weeks each and they told me they all used me to get over their exs. which hurts cause all 3 did the same to me :(.

I think I had a sort of crush on the new boy at school
when I was 11. He was an intellectual threat. He was a 'smart' kid.

My friend-girl teased me about him.
Lots of giggling. She'd say "I'm Thomas...." and
lunge at me with her arms long & noodle-y, trying to grab me,
smooching her mouth up, like she was going to kiss me.

We both found this hilarious.
My mother....not so much.

You bunch o' late bloomers! I was 4 when I had my first big crush. :D
Went through a total of six before my husband came along. Some of them I still try to look up from time to time just to see if they'd found somebody and were happy. One of them's already been through a divorce, I was pretty bummed to learn that.

My first crush? That's easy. Natalie Wood ("The Great Race"- 1965) :cool:

RIP, Natalie.

Last edited:
I was 6; it was her. After Kindergarten I was labelled as "average", and was placed in a classroom to match. By the first Friday of Grade 1, I was told that I was going to the class across the hall. The reason? By that point I had completed the first month of work. The one desk available in the new room was right in front of her. And she was really nice to me from Day One, so the crush developed. (I wonder what's changed.)

People obsessions have always been a problem for me. I had a very weird one in 2004-06 with some boy at my school who I made friends with. I started off just liking him but it got more and more intense until I was perserverating about him, literally. I would ask other people how he was instead of how they were because I only wanted to talk about him.
I was exactly the same in regards to the guy I obsessed on. Unlike in your case, the guy I obsessed on had a pretty good idea of how I felt, for, though I verbally wouldn't admit my feelings, my actions made it clear.

The first crush was that boy when I was 11 and the
next crush was the older girl when I was 16. She heard
that we both liked the same radio station & dj because another girl
I had written a letter to had showed the letter to a bunch of girls she knew.
This seems rather convoluted, now, but made sense at the time.

She was a tall girl, very skinny, and could drive a car.
She and I exchanged lots of notes that we had written in study hall.
She was signing hers 'luv' to me and I was very disappointed that
she started running around with boys.

Another girl explained this to me.
She cited herself, in the example. "I love my mother, but
I'm not in love with her."
That clarified matters.

Still, kissing and hugging had been very nice when
I stayed over at her house.

I was 13, she kissed me under the mistletoe at school while about 100 of her friends giggled behind her.. those friends were around constantly for the next 3 years of my unrequitted love, right up till the end of school. I was too shy to talk to her and didn't know what to say anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom