1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How often do you take people by their word?

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by SimplyWandering, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Sara3

Sara3 Well-Known Member

I question almost everything, to be honest. When I don't agree with someone I usually speak my mind and I like to debate. Some people hate that but many other listen.
    Ah yes, they agree with me many times. If they go silent I just stop talking cause it is awkward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JDShredds

JDShredds Well-Known Member

Depends on what you mean by the question. If someone is telling something in regards to "are they being honest or not?" my natural tendency has always been on the gullible side (which has gotten me burned and turned into skepticism). But if you're talking about taking their word on something in the "factual" realm, I almost always push back if there's any hint of inaccuracy, or I'll at the very least ask probing follow up questions to make sure they're not full of S.

By nature, I'm a questioning, somewhat disagreeable person on topics I have knowledge in. If its not my area of expertise, I just listen carefully. But in matters of the heart... I've been way too trusting for my own good.

3. Hollow Horse

Hollow Horse Well-Known Member

All the time. It depends really on how quickly my brain unravels a truth or Intention. Initially, I take in whatever it is believing it literally.

4. nowwhat

nowwhat Well-Known Member

Never. I watch what they do and make my dscisions based on their actions.

5. JDShredds

JDShredds Well-Known Member

I never trust anyone that says never.

See what I did there?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. nowwhat

nowwhat Well-Known Member

Do I laugh NOW?

7. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

Is that a joke about your username? :eek: