• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How often do you take people by their word?

Question being asked is how often do you take people at their word and don't question their shenanigans or "BS"?

When someone gives "facts"are you inclined to automatically agree with them or do you question their logic?

Unintentionally, does it feel like some people are more inclined to just agree with a statement you made? Why?

I question almost everything, to be honest. When I don't agree with someone I usually speak my mind and I like to debate. Some people hate that but many other listen.
Ah yes, they agree with me many times. If they go silent I just stop talking cause it is awkward.

Depends on what you mean by the question. If someone is telling something in regards to "are they being honest or not?" my natural tendency has always been on the gullible side (which has gotten me burned and turned into skepticism). But if you're talking about taking their word on something in the "factual" realm, I almost always push back if there's any hint of inaccuracy, or I'll at the very least ask probing follow up questions to make sure they're not full of S.

By nature, I'm a questioning, somewhat disagreeable person on topics I have knowledge in. If its not my area of expertise, I just listen carefully. But in matters of the heart... I've been way too trusting for my own good.

All the time. It depends really on how quickly my brain unravels a truth or Intention. Initially, I take in whatever it is believing it literally.

Question being asked is how often do you take people at their word and don't question their shenanigans or "BS"?

When someone gives "facts"are you inclined to automatically agree with them or do you question their logic?

Unintentionally, does it feel like some people are more inclined to just agree with a statement you made? Why?
Never. I watch what they do and make my dscisions based on their actions.

New Threads

Top Bottom