• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I navigate conflict with my Aspie husband.

It isnt up to you to help him develop emotionally. It isnt up to you to decide if that is what he needs or wants.
You have needs he isnt able to meet, you both are different, that doesnt make him in need of “fixing”.
Thank you. I understand what you are saying. Actually everyone’s response has given me new insight to myself.

One approach is to compliment him for behavior you want to encourage. Positive reinforcement is much safer than negative or conflict.

One approach is to compliment him for behavior you want to encourage. Positive reinforcement is much safer than negative or conflict.
I know you are right. We have had some good talks lately.
The truth is that I need to work on my communication style. I’m learning a few things about my own issues.
Reading what others have posted has helped me tremendously.

I think peaceful conflict resolution isn't exactly a Homo Sapiens strength, whether a person is on the spectrum or neurotypical. I don't have any specific suggestions other then to say I came to think of continually working on it as one of the most important aspects of a good relationship.

I think peaceful conflict resolution isn't exactly a Homo Sapiens strength, whether a person is on the spectrum or neurotypical. I don't have any specific suggestions other then to say I came to think of continually working on it as one of the most important aspects of a good relationship.
You’re spot on I’d say. I keep thinking we can get to a point where there is no conflict. But if a person is honest and respects themselves, then they do need to speak up.
That goes for both of us.

New Threads

Top Bottom