• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I am new.Casanovic

casanovic

I am not officially diagnosed for asd. It is a self diagnosis. In india, it is very difficult to talk about psychological issues. And there are not much awareness about mental illness. And doctors are very few in this area. From childhood, I felt that I am different then others. I also suffered from bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder for more than 6 years .However, after 1 year of medication , these issues are not prevalent. Now, it is totally focus on autism. I don't clearly know that if it is asperger's or high functioning autism.All,I know that I am like this from forever. I studied psychology extensively to understand myself. So, I can get explanation for things happened with me. I am quite intelligent. But the emotional and social part is completely missing. I have to teach myself about body language and face expression , so I can understand what they are saying. Because Nt's say something and mean something. I have zero empathy. Initially I thought that I could be a psychopath. But I can't hurt anybody.I don't have feelings but I don't like hurting others. I had been constantly abused and misunderstood by my family because they don't understand me. My family are not educated and it is dysfunctional one.
I am her so I can embrace the asperger inside me.I always tried to run away from it. I always wanted to be normal. Act like them, talk like them ,feel like them. I can't lie. I get in problems because I just take literal meaning of words. i don't like talking to others until I find them interesting. I can't be very social.i just stay silent when I am with normal people., I don't get humor of other people.My face is always expressionless.
Enough for now.
Thank You
Casanovic
21 year old
engineering student

Welcome to the forum, Casanovic! I hope you feel at home here. That was an interesting intro. Many people here began their Asperger's journey through self diagnosis after many years of knowing that they were fundamentally different to other people. It didn't matter where a person came from: they were able to almost instantly recognize themselves as they read about Asperger's. For some it was a sense of relief: learning that NO they were not crazy all those years & YES it has a name & there are many others all over the globe who are in a similar boat.

Many people here come from uneducated & dysfunctional families & there are also those from stable & educated ones. Often, though, educated families can be as uninformed about Asperger's as are educated ones! Also, prejudices against anything that can smack of 'mental illness' pervade virtually all societies (some more than others, though). Another challenge some Aspies face is that no matter what happens to them or how they behave it gets attributed to Asperger's. This can make it hard for Aspies in situations where they are being maltreated, bullied or abused: their complaints & awkward efforts at advocating for themselves can get dismissed as being 'just Asperger's'. It isn't all gloom & doom, though. We tend to be very intelligent & this makes us resourceful.

Either way, I'm glad you found us & I hope you post often.

Hi Casanovic! Welcome to Aspies Central.

You have definitely come to a great place to be yourself. We don't judge; in fact, we are the complete opposite. Feel free to chat with us on the forum threads or in the shoutbox whenever you want to. I hope you enjoy all we have to offer here and that you feel comfortable with us.

New Threads

Top Bottom