• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone

What kinds of things do you guys want to read about?
Thanks for asking. I want to read about anything I can do on my own that will allow the trauma to be rendered powerless.

What do you mean when you say, “it’s dangerous.”
I just finished the book The Body Keeps The Score. It was informative, and I’m glad I read it. I can’t afford therapy, even with the offer of a sliding fee scale it’s 85 usd an hour.

Yeah I hear you. I couldn’t afford therapy for the same reason so I did it mostly alone (no therapist). It’s rough. I’m so sorry our society doesn’t care enough to help us heal.

It’s dangerous because the traumatized mind works differently than the non traumatized mind and snapping out of trauma is an immediate, extreme mental shift.

The details are as unique as the individual though. For me, I’ve been in the emergency room at the hospital 4 times in 2 weeks. Hopefully I am through that phase now, but we will see. I don’t think it will be so difficult for someone who was traumatized at an older age (I was 3).

I don’t know anything about your situation so I can’t give any specific advice. The basics of what I did was to “socialize” as much as possible with other people who were traumatized like me.

As hard as it is, sharing it all with someone who at least seems to care was my first step, then I needed to learn to care for and value myself, then I started to build relationships with others like me, then a specific event happened which was similar enough to my original trauma (but I felt safe and loved this time) to snap me out of it.

It may sound impossible but my mind (and I’m sure yours) knows what it needs and will do it’s best. I basically needed to push through all the dysfunction.

Hey guys.

I was writing as much as I could about my experience healing from trauma on another forum dedicated to trauma because I wanted to help others get through it.

Then they banned me, apparently they felt it was dangerous… which it is. The way I see it is you can live safely in trauma or fight through hell to heal and live a proper life; I chose the latter.

What kinds of things do you guys want to read about? I’m happy to try to help others based on my own experience but I don’t want to get banned here too.
You really have to be a grand prick to be banned here. We like people.

Your response is concise & adaptable to my situation.
Feeling safe while becoming more social; that is exactly what I’ve not been able to do, so it’ll not make sense in my mind at first.
I understand there needs to be work on untangling an epiphenomenon from its phenomenon.
If I can find a group that understanding and on the same path, it’s doable.

Thanks.
Best wishes.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom