• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey...

Qaletaqa

I'm bad at... introductions.

Name: Michael

I was diagnosed when I was 16 with an ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). Later, when I was 21 I officially got diagnosed with AS (Asperger's Syndrome) after years of tests and observations by a dozen (or more) doctors (psychiatrists, psychologist, etc...).

In those years I was a year in a mental hospital, wich sucked, but that was because I barely left my room for years, only left my room if it was necessary, didn't finish high school because it was to boring, to slow and didn't interest me and also because I got bullied by teachers and students. I wish I did finish it tho... would've made the search for a job easier.

Currently I'm looking for a job and/or education together with people that help other people with... let's say "problems" :).

I sometimes wish I didn't have AS because I miss social interaction, but without AS I wouldn't be who I am today. I don't think I would be the same person without it so... i'll have to deal with my anxieties because I like who I am. Living with AS gets both easier and harder every day for me.

So here I am making a long and probably pointless introduction with to much information after clicking the link in the discription box of the video called "Willow Marsden - Blog 40 - Answering Questions" on Youtube.

And as you can see one of my "interests" are eyes.

Hey :p.
Welcome to the forums ^_^.
'I sometimes wish I didn't have AS because I miss social interaction, but without AS I wouldn't be who I am today.'
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're said, but it seems you think AS is something that comes and goes. All evidence, however, points to it being genetic.
Social interaction is also possible with AS, obviously(or we wouldn't be communicating now), it's just harder :(.
EMZ=]

Hey :p.
Welcome to the forums ^_^.
'I sometimes wish I didn't have AS because I miss social interaction, but without AS I wouldn't be who I am today.'
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're said, but it seems you think AS is something that comes and goes. All evidence, however, points to it being genetic.
Social interaction is also possible with AS, obviously(or we wouldn't be communicating now), it's just harder :(.
EMZ=]

Misinterpreting :).

New Threads

Top Bottom