• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Helloo new here

Liz97

helloo my names liz.i haven't been officially diagnosed with aspergers but I've been diagnosed with agoraphobia,OCD,and depression which are all probably just side effects of aspergers itself.Ive only just recently found out what aspergers is but I'm more then certain that I have it.Sure a doctor can diagnose me with all these things but none of them really explained my obsessive thinking and lack of empathy like aspergers did.Im only 20 and my life is basically in complete ruins right now so I'm just on this site to find support and what not

Welcome! There are a ton of great people here to offer the support you need. Many of us have been where you are. I hope you find this site encouraging. Glad to have you.

welcome.png

Hi there and as everyone is saying: welcome :)

I also am not officially diagnosed with aspergers, but more than ever, I know that it would be a quick diagnosis and hope that by the end of this month, to the beginning of next month, I might make head way in getting formally diagnosed.

I suffer from excruiating social anxiety and general anxiety.

Just a thing on the empathy. Empathy is the ability to put ones "feet in other's shoes) and actually many apsies are very good at this and I happen to be one of those. However, I lack sympathy. It a real struggle for me to be sympathetic and so, I just have to do the best I can.

You will find soon enough whether you have aspergers or not, having joined this forum. So, look forward to your threads.

'lo!

I've suffered from agoraphobia like anxiety in the past; I'm a lot better now. The CMHT never called my anxiety anything more than "anxiety" but that's how it best could be described for me. It's not nice to have and I wonder how much of AS plays a part of it manifesting in people like us.

Anyhow, welcome. Grab a seat.

giphy (63).gif

Welcome! Life can certainly feel like a pile of ruins at times! You made the right choice in checking out this sight. Great for feedback, sharing, with no fear of judgement or ridicule. Sometimes it seems things get so overwhelming that we can't make heads or tails from things. I'll always remember a saying when things get tough "This to will pass". Never really understood it at first until a torrential storm tore trees and houses away in a city nearby. A year later went back and looked at the neighborhood and it looked great. People can be amazingly resilient.

New Threads

Top Bottom