• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello...

ThatSkyWing

I hope it's okay that I started a new thread, I'm new to these forum things. ^.^;

Anyway, hello, I'm ThatSkyWing(but you can call me Claire if you want to), I'm 20 years old and I joined because this forum looked pretty neat and I'm looking for friends, since I'm really no good at talking to people outside of my family or the Internet. I love to read and write and obsessively collect video games. I've just recently gotten into manga(Madoka Magica and Sailor Moon are my favorites). If you want to know anything else, just ask. :)

What sort of reading and writing do you do? Fiction, fantasy, sci fi, research?

Usually fantasy, some fiction, I use my childhood toys as the characters in most of the stories I write, so I guess it's kind of like a derpy version of Toy Story. I leave the serious research writing for the classroom.
I read a lot of fantasy novels and manga, and the occasional comic when I find something that catches my eyes. I read sci-fi too, but some of those novels get kind of technical and go over my head at times.

Usually fantasy, some fiction, I use my childhood toys as the characters in most of the stories I write, so I guess it's kind of like a derpy version of Toy Story. I leave the serious research writing for the classroom.
I read a lot of fantasy novels and manga, and the occasional comic when I find something that catches my eyes. I read sci-fi too, but some of those novels get kind of technical and go over my head at times.
Technical......... (not pleased to admit this.) but, Yeah, I want to learn computers, and how to re wire a very basic land line phone (I have collected several vintage to repair. plus the book.). I don't know if the problem is that I never find an extended time to sit quietly and read without interruption, or if it is my focus? (work, play, schedule, very very busy).... I read other books. I really want to learn computers. I'll try harder I guess. Lots of Aspies have special talents???? and high intelligence? My Doctor agrees I have the social issues of Aspergers. huh. Well, now, if I just had a marketable skill to go with that............

PS. heyyy... wait......... I actually DID know quite a bit of DOS commands? I was explicitly trained, shown what to do, wrote down lines of DOS command in a journal in the vault at the Bank office. I also was the assistant line leader when the main leader was ill or on vacation. I knew DOS commands for that! : )

Last edited:
I wish I was better with computers, but I only know the basics of that. Rewiring a landline phone sounds cool, I love vintage phones, which is odd for me since I never talk on the phone.
Wow, that sounds cool! :O
I really wish I knew how to get rid of the region lock on some game consoles, but I'm no good with electronics. I guess I should have more patience and should maybe try practicing that kind of stuff.
I may be an aspie but my intelligence isn't very high. And as for talents, well I haven't found my talent yet. o_O

Hello Claire

You are right, this is a cool forum! Best in the world lol and I get you: I have more friends online than ever, off line. Keep letting me down and I cannot deal with the injustice and believe it or not, I am not the one to blame! Anyway, you want friends, hey, you have hit on the right site :)

My obsessions vary. I was once completely obsessed with anything victorian era and then: Princess Diane; why not sure lol

I love reading and my favourites are: Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes. Anne of Greengables and the bronte sisters!

Also love cross stitching and those who know me, can always know that I am on the internet, which happens to be my longest, ongoing interest.

Love Taylor Swift, but Italian music has taken the front seat lol Actually LOVE music and get high on it; can't stand silence and so, the louder my music is the better.

Obsessed with colour and love talking about it!

I also love my Creator ie God and it is Him that keeps me going each day!

Welcome :)

Hello, nice to meet you too.

It is a great forum, lots of interesting topics. There are quite a few nice people on here. :)

I don't much about the Victorian era but some of the furniture designed to look from that era is pretty. I really don't know anything Princess Diane.

I read Anne of Greengables a long time ago, and Agatha Christie is great too.

I wish I knew how to cross stitch. The internet is one of my longest ongoing obsessions too, haha.

Italian music? That sounds cool! I play the music I like loud too. :)

Colour is very nice, especially royal blue, dark red, hot pink, dark orange, and bright yellow. It's one of the reasons why Charlotte the Dessert Witch is one of my favorite characters, she's so colourful.

Aw, thank you. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom