• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I’m a high functioning autistic. My special interests are computers/IT, psychology, and martial arts. I’m not an anime or gamer type and I don’t generally watch TV. Hacking is a lot of fun.

I’m trying to learn more about video games to be able to have that conversation with other hfas.

Hit me up if you wanna chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, it’s nice to meet you! My favorite thing to do is watch YouTube videos. I don’t really like to watch cable that much. I also really love to paint and draw. I hope you have a great time here. :cool:

Hello and welcome to the site. I hope that you find camaraderie and support here. Let us know if you need any help finding your way around the forum.

Hello, it’s nice to meet you! My favorite thing to do is watch YouTube videos. I don’t really like to watch cable that much. I also really love to paint and draw. I hope you have a great time here. :cool:
I think that watching YouTube can be fun. It’s sometimes hard to know what to search for in terms of normal funny videos that everyone is watching. It’s generally I watch stuff in my special interests.

welcome to af.png

I learned how to fit in a few decades ago. Football, travel, politics, etc. I’m so good at it that nobody believes when I say I have Asperger’s. But I absolutely hate sports, going anywhere new, anything the President says. I just don’t care. In retrospect I believe that my life would have been a lot better if I had been allowed to focus my time and energy on the stuff I actually enjoy. Math, science, electronics, etc. I’d probably be in the control room at NASA when theres a space shuttle taking off.

My advice…. Do what you find interesting and don’t try too hard to pretend that you like anything that you don’t. We all need jobs, friends, and romance. Those things are available to us on the spectrum, although it’s a little harder to find. Spend your whole life trying to be like everyone else and it will become your whole life. It’s exactly what I have done for 50 years and it’s hard not to get depressed when I think about how much time was wasted being unhappy. Just be yourself and seek out those people who can appreciate your considerable gifts.

I learned how to fit in a few decades ago. Football, travel, politics, etc. I’m so good at it that nobody believes when I say I have Asperger’s. But I absolutely hate sports, going anywhere new, anything the President says. I just don’t care. In retrospect I believe that my life would have been a lot better if I had been allowed to focus my time and energy on the stuff I actually enjoy. Math, science, electronics, etc. I’d probably be in the control room at NASA when theres a space shuttle taking off.

My advice…. Do what you find interesting and don’t try too hard to pretend that you like anything that you don’t. We all need jobs, friends, and romance. Those things are available to us on the spectrum, although it’s a little harder to find. Spend your whole life trying to be like everyone else and it will become your whole life. It’s exactly what I have done for 50 years and it’s hard not to get depressed when I think about how much time was wasted being unhappy. Just be yourself and seek out those people who can appreciate your considerable gifts.
I agree with you. I think if you want to do something to fit it it should be tv, youtube, etc just to familiarize yourself with what most people watch. Video games too. If you don’t like entertainment or some sort of sports then you can kiss social acceptance with normies good bye.

Welcome! We've got folks with all sorts of interests, but there's also general discussion and fun threads as well :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time spent on here! Let us know if you need any help!

New Threads

Top Bottom