• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you met others on the spectrum

I have met sevral other autistics. My best friend at secoundry school and their was ather autistic at my school (mainstream. I went to a special needs college why I met a lot of autistic on different parts of the spectrum. I go to disability swimming club so met quite a few there. I feel their is a market for autistic to meet other autistics like their is place for LD people to meet other LD people. Although these things tend to be slightly forced having been to an event for young people with physical disabilities but then again I feel off with both physically disabled people and autistics people since I am both but neither side rarely gets it.

I spent my entire education with others on the spectrum. In a couple of private schools.

Meetup is advising all members to meet virtually from now on. :(
Yes, I KNOW. I joined a Saturday morning meditation group and before the next weekend we were advised that we couldn't meet again for a while. The moderator is providing some kind of virtual meeting but I'm unfamiliar with the technology and told him I'll just wait until we can all meet in person again :rolleyes:

How does one meet others on the spectrum? I would like to meet and talk to others on the spectrum. I’m feeling very isolated. What I’ve read on the forum leads me to believe that many of us self-isolate more as we get older; I’m guilty of that because I’m just tired of trying. I would just like to talk with someone else that might understand the frustration we all experience. Any ideas?

I wanted to meet others and one time I managed to get to a group (2hours away). I really enjoyed it, though we were a diverse group. But because it's so far away I can't go again. I wish though. There is a big part of me that longs for contact with others but it's so hard to find 'similar' others. And the thing is I've always been surrounded by 'different' others. I don't need MORE of those.

I've only ever met people I suspected might be on the AS but honestly I didn't like them nor would I want to spend any time with them.
Gives me a perspective when I get that reaction from other people.
I certainly would not seek out others for a physical meetup.

New Threads

Top Bottom