• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever been bullied online before?

SchrodingersMeerkat

trash mammal
I used to be on a forum for people who collected My Little Pony (before the whole "Brony" thing). Everything on the main forum was okay, but someone informed me that there was another subform where people would bully each other. Turns out someone had started an over 25-page thread about me and how I annoyed them. Ponyland's Catfights • View topic - Dear KalahariMeerkat,

I really wish people would tell me to my "face" what specifically it is I do to annoy them. Instead of going behind my back and telling other people about how much I annoy them. This is from at least five years ago so none of them probably remember it and I don't even know if that forum is active anymore. Anyhow, is cyberbullying common for autistic people? I got bullied on Wrong Planet once (probably by one of the goons from that place) over something hypothetical. I can't really remember what it was about. It didn't help that just like the bullying that occurred in real life, my mom basically told me it was my fault.

Only minor instances on Town Of Salem:
  • Another player gave me grief over my username. It's Xiaolin2003; A nod to my favorite cartoon. They assumed I was Chinese and called me slurs.

I am online. Regularly by left wing people who hate my un-leftist views, and ban me when I speak about politics saying "You are saying ******** so I ban you." Never ever proving why what I am saying is wrong, and every time some leftist says ******** he's not banned of course.

I guess being autistic makes you more prone to being bullied, yes, because you don't know how to, ah, see the hints. I don't think it's your fault if you are autistic. I couldn't even blame you for not learning from those experiences and knowing what you shouldn't do, because you don't necessarily want to think again about it.

I've never been bullied online, only in "real life", but I know it can happen and especially in younger social communities where there's more likely to be immaturity, there's also sadly people out there (trolls) that are purposely trying to cause people trouble, for some reason they seem to get a buzz from it. It's very unlikely to happen here however as virtually everyone is friendly and non judgemental in this community, but if anyone wasn't I'm confident they'd be dealt with quickly before it was allowed to escalate. I can't believe the mods on the My Little Pony forum allowed a 25 page "hate" thread to exist, that's horrid and it's not very pleasant to be then told it's your fault too. If a community is like that however you're better off never using it again.

I can't believe the mods on the My Little Pony forum allowed a 25 page "hate" thread to exist, that's horrid and it's not very pleasant to be then told it's your fault too. If a community is like that however you're better off never using it again.

It wasn't the main forum, but a side forum specifically created to diss people they didn't like very much. On the main forum, no one gave me any problems. These people weren't kids or teenagers since they were collectors of the 1980's My Little Pony. The majority of them would have had to have been in their twenties and thirties.

Yes and what I did was to just "walk" away and decided that I will never trust another forum again and then, found aspiecentral and think it is just fabulous.

I have encountered a few issues here, but some how, I always come back lol

Plenty of times, it still happens to this day, especially whenever I bring up Star Wars.

I thought we grew out of the "making fun of someone because they disagree with what I like" phase.

I've even seen people on Star Wars forums trashing others because they either don't have as much knowledge on the subject as someone else, or they quote part of a movie wrong, it's ridiculous.

I've been harassed by people before just because they don't like my avatar, not specifically on this site, but on a few others.

People just pick on others because they don't have anything better to do with their time.

Yes. I've been bullied in online groups(online games, forum or whatever, gaming chatting room) numerous times while I do actually never been bullied in real life cause I'm too superior(LOL) to be bullied in school. I can't really count on that. It's like every time I join a new conversation, I'd potentially be against.
Last time I asked people in the fanfic forum "why do most of you guys write a definitely girly char calling her a male as one of the boy's love main char? SHE, I assumed as transgender if you guys don't know what transgender is, looks like a girl, talking and acting like a girl far away from being feminine, having a girly thinking as if SHE is you author's reflection. What do you even except for? Why don't you straightly go writing boy's n girl's novel? That doesn't make sense. This girly char doesn't CUM, she hits the climax merely due to anal sex and you write the sex similar to straight sex. I have no idea. Can anyone explain this to me? What's your mental activity? How does it work?"

And I got tons of attack. If I'm not getting wrong, I got ~20 pages assaults from 100+ different members.
Still, I'm searching for the right answer.

Last edited:
Several times, hence I'm banned on most gaming forums for "fighting back".

I've also been banned for life, twice, on Sheffield Forum, but the second time wasn't even my fault, some Sony Pony was trolling about Xbox and I responded in kind, and the Mods got all uppity and banned me, even though by rights they should've banned the troll IMHO.

Several times, hence I'm banned on most gaming forums for "fighting back".

I've also been banned for life, twice, on Sheffield Forum, but the second time wasn't even my fault, some Sony Pony was trolling about Xbox and I responded in kind, and the Mods got all uppity and banned me, even though by rights they should've banned the troll IMHO.

This is why I rarely join non-AS forums anymore. Even some AS forums aren't as friendly as you might think.

This is why I rarely join non-AS forums anymore. Even some AS forums aren't as friendly as you might think.
Yes, on AS forums if you're not left wing you can get passive-aggressively totally ignored.
I didn't mention getting bullied on an autistic forum and banned for expressing views that were going against the SJW agenda, such as explaining that as an Asian I was victim of racism from blacks and north Africans and beaten up at school for having better grades, being told "filthy chink" by them.

Yes, on AS forums if you're not left wing you can get passive-aggressively totally ignored.
I didn't mention getting bullied on an autistic forum and banned for expressing views that were going against the SJW agenda, such as explaining that as an Asian I was victim of racism from blacks and north Africans and beaten up at school for having better grades.
It was Wrong Planet, wasn't it? I never really got involved in political discussions there but people still managed to find something to argue with me about.

No, it wasn't Wrong Planet, it was some French forum. Btw, I edited my answer to add the racial slurs I got from "victims of systemic racism".

No, it wasn't Wrong Planet, it was some French forum. Btw, I edited my answer to add the racial slurs I got from "victims of systemic racism".

French is not a race, it's a Nationality, therefore hating them isn't racist, it's more Xenophobic.

On the subject of online bullying, way back when I was first diagnosed as Aspie, I was looking up stuff online, and someone from a US based wrestling forum I used to post on, found all my info by looking me up via a WHOIS look up on my website, and posted to the world that I was Aspie, without my consent! Consequently, I had all and sundry calling me stuff I can't even repeat.

Suffice to say I've not got on well with North Americans ever since, there's even been times on here when I've been pulled up by @Nitro for slagging them off.

Happened once or twice before, before I learned that jumping in and spewing my mouth haphazardly isn't a wise idea. "You've come to the wrong place" or something of the sort...good thing none of them had baseball bats or crowbars right?

That's what the internet does - just brings out the worst in some people. Unlike the city streets at night, walking away and going about your business is always an option. Not worth it over people you'll probably never come across in your lifetime.

It wasn't the main forum, but a side forum specifically created to diss people they didn't like very much. On the main forum, no one gave me any problems. These people weren't kids or teenagers since they were collectors of the 1980's My Little Pony. The majority of them would have had to have been in their twenties and thirties.
Well why have a side forum like that in the first place? No reasonable community would create a side forum like that, it's encourages bad feelings and hatred, the problem is it will start causing decent people to leave and they will probably be replaced by more unpleasant people that agree with it, eventually the whole place will become hostile unless you happen to fit in as one of them and probably bully others. People in their 20's and 30's should know better, but it obviously still goes on in some places.

PS: I know what it's like from the moderator / staff side too, I was part of a busy site that used to provide a service and had a forum, member comments, shoutbox and IRC chat. Eventually I became a sysop, but I still chose to moderate too. I would never allow anything personally against another member and would step in if there was any sign of arguments brewing or bullying. Creating a side forum for such things would have been the last thing I would have allowed. When I joined the site had a reputation for being unpleasant including past staff which was difficult to shake off, I got loads of stick at first complaining about staff in general and this spread to people on Reddit where I didn't have control, but I treated everyone with respect and eventually the whole site's reputation started improving greatly as the old staff were gone. Obviously there was situations where I had to step in and deal with members who were breaking the rules and/or upsetting other members, I didn't enjoy having to ban people at times and I only did this as a last resort, but I did learn a massive amount about dealing with people and I made a lot of online companions (along with a few enemies that were unavoidable), it's a shame the place was closed.

Last edited:

I looked through the thread you posted, and aside from the bits of well-intentioned advice that were posted between all that rabble, that's a surefire cue to pack up your stuff and get out of there in a flash. No mingling around, let them have their territory and their cake and leave them be, and it might help to "lurk" next time you sign up for another forum.

Just browse around first (before signing up if possible) and get a feel for what you're getting yourself into to avoid getting outnumbered and backed into a corner like what happened there.

Last edited:
French is not a race, it's a Nationality, therefore hating them isn't racist, it's more Xenophobic.

On the subject of online bullying, way back when I was first diagnosed as Aspie, I was looking up stuff online, and someone from a US based wrestling forum I used to post on, found all my info by looking me up via a WHOIS look up on my website, and posted to the world that I was Aspie, without my consent! Consequently, I had all and sundry calling me stuff I can't even repeat.

Suffice to say I've not got on well with North Americans ever since, there's even been times on here when I've been pulled up by @Nitro for slagging them off.

Why do you answer me if you don't bother reading what I wrote ? I said the forum was in French language, and that the left is racist towards Asians. I never said French was a race. And they are not xenophobic, the only immigrants they discriminate are those who, "by pure statistical coincidence" are 20 times more likely to commit crimes than the average citizen. Former Italian immigrants or Polish immigrants vote for the right. Asians vote for the right. Can you see the picture ?
And the left, on the contrary discriminate Asians because they commit less crimes than the average citizen, despite being colonized too, which is an inconvenient truth. That means : discriminate the good immigrants, don't discriminate the bad immigrants. Typical from marxists.
They are racists too in America, proof is "Positive action" that discriminates Asians at university entrance.

Guess again, considering so many of France's former colonial possessions involved people of various races. Particularly those who gained their independence through armed conflict. Where tempers may run hot and spill over involving differences beyond merely nationalities.

You're British, right? Do you know about the origin of the term "Wog" ? Equally the US has its own brands of institutional and overt racism which remain in society at various levels. As do many other countries, both Asian and non-Asian.

Racism can pop up anywhere, regardless of any flags being flown.

Last edited:
Can't say I've ever been bullied on a forum before, but when I played World of Warcraft it was just the way things were, it happened to everyone. Hardcore raiding guilds weren't exactly PG-rated, the environment was more like high school with less accountability.

New Threads

Top Bottom