• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone on the spectrum self taught themselves to play instruments?

I'm a self-taught tier 2 coffee can drummer. Though I prefer the richer sound of the newer plastic containers. I occasionally lead my 4 Chihuahuas in parades around the house, but only when my wife is not home. The noise we make is trully ear shattering.

8290c40c-c4df-4291-a934-ea2e059c1443_1.4684ee133ff0251abccee037e4bf3b58.jpeg

;)

Frustratingly, I can learning songs by ear and by watching pretty fast but my hands lack the dexterity to play well enough. Practice only gets me so far but it's the same for tasks like gaming, my hands lack that specific control which I can't seem to overcome through practice. (I've always jokingly called it gammy hand syndrome lol).

Get an electric keyboard from a thrift store. Buy a childrens' piano instruction book on amazon. Go from there. I never really mastered chords, but I can play a lot of songs using one key at a time.

New Threads

Top Bottom