• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

"Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME when I'm angry!"--Bill Bixby as David Banner to Jack Colvin as Mr. McGee (of course) in The Incredible Hulk. What I still consider to be the biggest understatement ever made in episodic TV! :)

?Crazy Horse dreamed and went into the world where there is nothing but the spirits of all things. That is the real world that is behind this one, and everything we see here is something like a shadow from that one.?

― Black Elk

Women marry men hoping that they will change.
Men marry women hoping that they will remain the same.
Both end up disappointed!- Albert Einstein

(Goes to show how dumb people can be!)

"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dont try fix me am not BROKEN

That's what I have realized. I was born the way I am, because that's how I was created. That's why God won't "fix" me; because I'm not broken.

I now have two more favorite quotes: "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"- Albert Einstein, and (from a FB page) "Autistic beings develop and bloom if their spirits, talents, and self-esteem are not destroyed by prejudice and being forced to be "normal"- Unknown

Lisa from Girl Interrupted: So what's your diag-nonsense?

Sometimes she makes a lot a of sense

?Usually I'm remarkably good natured. Try me on a day that doesn't end in y.? ~Jace from Mortal Instruments series

Houses are alive. If we're quiet... if we listen...we can hear houses breath. We say haunted...but we mean the house has gone insane," Dr. Joyce Reardon from Stephen King's Rose Red.

I was thinking about this its from Criminal Minds Episode LDSK:
Reid: I know I should feel bad about what happened. I mean... I killed a man. You know, I should feel something. But I don't.
Gideon: Well, not knowing what you feel, that's not the same as not feeling anything. This is gonna hit you and, when it does, there's only three facts you need to know. You did what you had to do and a lot of good people are alive because of what you did.
Reid: What's the third?
Gideon: I'm proud of you.

To me this explains a lot. We feel but don't know what we feel. Its not the same as not feeling anything. We just get thought to be that way cause we don't express in the same way.

[Noticing the whole student body is staring at her green tint] What? What are you all looking at? OH! Do I have something in my teeth? Is my underskirt showing? [Drops her suitcase] Alright, let's just get this over with. No, I am not seasick. Yes, I've always been green. No, I didn't eat grass as a child...~~~
Elphaba from WICKED!~~~

~(Rose Red Stephen King) Ellen Rimbauer: Houses... are alive. This is something we know. News from our nerve endings. If we're quiet, if we listen, we can hear houses breath. Sometimes, in the depth of the night, you can even hear them groan. It's as if they were having bad dreams. A good house cradles and comforts, a basd one fills us with instinctive unease. Bad houses hate our warmth and our human-ness. That blind hate of our humanity is what we mean when we use the word 'haunted'.

A portion end of Poe's poem The Raven (come on guys its almost Halloween):

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the
floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!~~Edger Allen Poe (The Raven)

Voices on the staircase
Toys in the attic are
Calling from the rafters
Ghost of a sigh
Pretty painted faces
Ride on the rocking horse
Memories of shadow
Dreams never die
~Omnia (Toys in the Attic)

I could fly if I wanted to
I could reach for the sky
We can swim like the dolphins and...
We can laugh' till we cry

But there's nothing to say
Dolls made of clay
We can play all day
Toys in the attic?
~~Omnia (Toys in the Attic)

Jim Ellison: Every little light blinds me. When somebody flushes a toilet down the other end of the train, it sounds like Niagara Falls in my head. One minute I'm hot, the next minute I'm freezing.

Blair Sandburg: Sounds like menopause.
~~The Sentinel tv show

New Threads

Top Bottom