• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

quote-don-t-listen-to-anyone-who-tells-you-that-you-can-t-do-this-or-that-that-s-nonsense-douglas-bader-57-9-0935.jpg

"You are not obligated to complete the work, but nor are you free to abandon it."
~the Talmud (I must clarify that I'm a gentile and can't stand organized religion in general; this is some damn sound insight that resonates with my life's struggle)

"America's chickens are coming home to roost."
~Malcolm X

"The ugly fact is books are made out of books. The novel depends for its life on books that came before it."
~Cormac McCarthy

"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare. My business is to create."
~William Blake

Last edited:
"You are not obligated to complete the work, but nor are you free to abandon it."
~the Talmud (I must clarify that I'm a gentile and can't stand organized religion in general; this is some damn sound insight that resonates with my life's struggle)

"America's chickens are coming home to roost."
~Malcolm X

"The ugly fact is books are made out of books. The novel depends for its life on books that came before it."
~Cormac McCarthy

"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare. My business is to create."
~William Blake

These are all great quotes, but I have to say I love Cormac McCarthy. Outer Dark and Blood Meridian.

“Existence isn’t exemplary without struggle. So that worth measured by our ability to accept and overcome struggle. By this we become exemplary versions of ourselves.”
A Proud Salarak Proverb.
By he who makes up words.

"The man who believes that the secrets of this world are forever hidden lives in mystery and fear. Superstition will drag him down. The rain will erode the deeds of his life. But that man who sets himself the task of singling out the thread of order from the tapestry will by the decision alone have taken charge of the world and it is only by such taking charge that he will effect a way to dictate the terms of his own fate."
~Judge Holden

"Treason is a charge invented by winners as an excuse for hanging the losers." - Ben Franklin

"Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON DUDES!!!" - Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan
To also quote Benjamin Franklin, "Your free trial of quotes by Benjamin Franklin at quotesbybenjaminfranklin.com has expired."-- Mr. Peanutbutter, Bojack Horseman

Homer Simpson: "You must hate me, Marge. Every time I try to help, I just fail miserably."
Marge Simpson: "Oh, I don't hate you for failing. I love you for trying."

"Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin and Hobbes

From girl interrupted:
Susanna: I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.

Sometimes I think we all feel this way.
You can feel that way but you do not have to accept it.
You can try to find your own piece if sunshine.
It is hard.
I have a lot of quotes..I like positive quotes

I was going for a walk in the forest before and I remembered one, I really like:

"You are the shaman of your life" (Sainkho Namtchylak, extraordinary singer, and more, from Tuva)

"M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations. " lady at the end of the film (monty pythons meaning of life 1983)

New Threads

Top Bottom