• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

"Perhaps you will join us for consumption of mass quantities this weekend. We will ignite our new flame pit and char mammal flesh for you. Grid-like breakfast slabs... seared strips of swine flesh and flattened chicken embryos. I will enjoy it." - Coneheads

Dan Ackroyd always had a way with words. He's got Aspergers you know...

Pinky: Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?

The Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

- Pinky & The Brain. Cartoon Rodents. One is a genius; Another insane.

“The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed.”

― Charlotte Brontë

“A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”

“Freedom begins between the ears.”
-Edward Abbey

---------------

“He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

“Did I do anything wrong today," he said, "or has the world always been like this and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice?”

-Douglas Adams

"At 1:40 PM at the main branch of the New York Public Library on Fifth Avenue, ten people witnessed a free floating, full torso, vaporous apparition. It blew books off shelves from twenty feet away and scared the socks off some poor librarian!"
- Ray Stantz. Ghostbuster.

Anything to do with Dan Ackroyd gets a instant like from me...

Ray Stantz: Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?

Egon Spengler: Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?

Peter Venkman: Have you or any of your family ever seen a spook, specter, or ghost?

Ray Stantz: If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute! Pick up your phone and call the professionals!

All: Ghostbusters!

Ray Stantz: Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your supernatural elimination needs.

All: We're ready to believe you!

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you truly love. It will not lead you astray." Rumi

"My master promoted the bravery of going on your own way. What does it mean? To do something even while knowing it's impossible and to trust people even though they are hard to know." - Word of Honor( Tian ya ke)

Cool topic!

Here's my recent favorites:

If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.

Hemingway (A farewell to arms)

I am glad we do not have to try to kill the stars. Imagine if each day a man must try to kill the moon, he thought. The moon runs away. But imagine if a man each day should have to try to kill the sun? We were born lucky; he thought.

Hemingway (The Old Man and the Sea)

On errands of life, these letters speed to death.

Melville (Bartleby, the Scriviner)

Oh so we're quoting British comedies now...

the graham norton show brb crying GIF

“Can we just get our equipment out? I mean, I mean get our tackle out? I mean, get our gear… oh God, you can’t say anything without some dreadful double entendre lurking around the corner!” -Ritchie (Rik Mayall)

Reading a new book, here's 2 excerpts I've enjoyed so far:

"Being open with your insecurities paradoxically makes you more confident and charismatic around others. The pain of honest confrontation is what generates the greatest trust and respect in your relationships. Suffering through your fears and anxieties is what allows you to build courage and perseverance."

"Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience. Any attempt to escape the negative, to avoid it or quash it or silence it, only backfires. The avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering. The avoidance of struggle is a struggle. The denial of failure is a failure. Hiding what is shameful is itself a form of shame."

Ed

My favourite quote is:

“It never ceases to amaze me: we all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own.” - Marcus Aurelius

Unknown source:

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when I know that there's footprints on the moon."

I love quotes. My favorite one is probably:

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms — to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” -Viktor E. Frankl

“Sometimes standing against evil is more important than defeating it. The greatest heroes stand because it is right to do so, not because they believe they will walk away with their lives. Such selfless courage is a victory in itself.”
- N.D Wilson

"Those who sacrifice freedom in the name of security shall both deserve and receive neither."
Benjamin Franklin

New Threads

Top Bottom