• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

General knowledge test

Overall Score: 91

"You're a trivia master - your level of general knowledge, at least based on this test, is very impressive. In this day and age where we can find thousands of sources of information at the touch of a button, a curious mind like yours can be enlightened in so many ways! Keep filling your fountain of knowledge!"

Whoopie-doo. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think I blew the Simpson's question as well. :p

Ones I was unsure about or did not know were:

How many innings does a baseball game have? I guessed 9.

What is the longest river in the world? (which bugs me because I'm into geography). I guessed the Amazon.

In which sport do we hear the terms "power play" and "short-handed goal"? I guessed soccer.

So they're calling people who got 90s Trivia Masters, and I got 80 and was also called a Trivia Master... just how low a mark do you have to get to not be a Trivia Master?

I got 77. A lot of the questions I knew the answer to but couldn’t have answered any other questions about the topic, for example I know that Johnny Depp plays Captain Jack Sparrow but couldn’t give any more information since I’ve never seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and have no interest in changing that.

What is the longest river in the world? (which bugs me because I'm into geography). I guessed the Amazon.

In which sport do we hear the terms "power play" and "short-handed goal"? I guessed soccer.

I said, 4, the Nile, and Hockey, but don't know if I was right.

I didn't know any of them either. I guessed 12, the Amazon (because it's the biggest in the world if not the longest) and [American] football. I also didn't know who shot some bloke in The Simpsons, and who sung some song I'd never heard of.

Narrow interests can be (not always) typical in autistics.
If no repetitive behaviours or narrow interests, just struggling with relationships then it is a social communication disorder, not autism. My interests are not so narrow, but there are areas that I'm not interested in at all.

86/100, been around long enough to have learnt most of them anyway. Might have got a couple more right if I hadn't rushed through the test too.

If no repetitive behaviours or narrow interests, just struggling with relationships then it is a social communication disorder, not autism. My interests are not so narrow, but there are areas that I'm not interested in at all.

Thank you. I'm aware of the criteria having had a formal diagnosis (twice); however, on reading your blanket statement as per below, the following saying comes to mind “If you’ve met one person with autism, you’ve met one person with autism.”

Just because you experience something that you feel is part of your neuro-diversity doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Narrow interests are also typical in autistics.

Therefore, narrow interests can apply to some autistic people.

Is there anything in common to all autistic people?

There is huge diversity within the autism spectrum - hence it being a spectrum disorder.

The saying in my earlier post speaks for itself.

We are all different. Unique.

Blanket statements are unhelpful. Just because something applies to one person, doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience.

The DSM-5 will give you the diagnostic criteria.

82. Looks like I remember most things I was taught at primary school, but not everything, and had to guess the American cultural stuff.

Last edited:
I scored a 93. I thought I'd do worse, and probably would have had it not been multiple choice.

New Threads

Top Bottom