• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

General knowledge test

I scored 84/100, however I’m not sure how much use a test like this is for autism: being British there were quite a few questions I knew already (relating to Shakespeare’s plays for instance) because it’s part of our mandatory education, or the one about Wimbledon: which is plastered all over our print, screen and radio every year, but I have no interest sports (and little in Shakespeare for that matter).

Also: if your main lifelong interest is history (mine is, with music theory and political philosophy alongside), you end up knowing a fair amount of geography, science and popular culture as well...

There were several questions I guessed because I didn’t know, I may have guessed correctly by fluke: the lack of a “don’t know” button has the potential to skew the quiz results.

I got 91.

It would be good if they could show us:

Which answers we got wrong.
What the overall average is.

Last edited:
Which answers we got wrong.
What the overall average is.
Agree with this. General knowledge accumulates over life, as I see most of people here are adults and I'm 16, maybe I'll get better in a few years. I struggled with music & film the most here.

Agree with this. General knowledge accumulates over life, as I see most of people here are adults and I'm 16, maybe I'll get better in a few years. I struggled with music & film the most here.
I would have done at your age too: most of my knowledge of these things has come about in the last decade from either my wife, or YT videos presenting short analysis of popular culture... (because history nerd, history of culture and ideas being a significant part thereof, and when we get into the era of modern mass democracy that means modern pop culture).

As you get older your particular interests enmesh with other subjects and you end up with broad knowledge as a result of particular interests.

For example I have a vague knowledge of who’s been in the pop charts/film charts from watching music theory videos which use pop hits & film scores as examples. But when it comes to listening to music I’m only interested in classical, metal and folk with the occasional bit of jazz, and I rarely watch films.

Yes, they need to take your age into consideration, and then give an average for your age group.

82%, and I don't think your theory holds much weight. You can definitely have more in-depth knowledge in a specific area of interest while knowing a little about everything else like this quiz tests for.

Also: if your main lifelong interest is history (mine is, with music theory and political philosophy alongside), you end up knowing a fair amount of geography, science and popular culture as well...

I got a 93, but my interests are similar and I do a lot of looking things up out of interest and so on.

"You're a trivia master!"

200.gif

A strange test. Most of these are just... extremely well known things. They have little to do with having different interests.

I mean, I have no interest at all in classical plays or Shakespeare's works, but even I know about the line quoted in the questions. And I have less than no interest in mathematical nonsense, but how could I not know what Einstein was famous for? It's repeated a billion times over in a billion places.

The questions at the end were a bit odd too. They sure had a heavy assumption that I work some sort of job. Among other things asked.

But yeah, I dont think this has anything at all to do with wider interests. Now, if they had asked about little-known facts regarding these subjects... that might be different. Like, I'm sure that Einstein also did plenty of other things, but many of those things are known only to those who have an enthusiastic interest in science/math/whatever. Whereas the theory of relativity, well... it's just one of those things that a huge number of people have heard of a bazillion times.

80% which apparently makes me a "Trivia Master"... though to be honest I'd be surprised if anyone could go through standard [British] education and then not live under a rock and not know most of that stuff by 30 :emojiconfused: I generally consider my level of general knowledge to be rubbish.

Higher result = Wider interests = Less autistic
Erm... no.

New Threads

Top Bottom