• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

General knowledge test

Wow, I'm terrible at trivia but I got an 80. Most of that wasn't quite "trivia," in my opinion. The majority of it is known just from being alive for a while, and I don't mean a long while, I'm 28. I guessed a lot and probably should have scored higher but there was too much geography. :eek:

86/100 and I don't think this is any kind of measure of "how autistic". The AQ is a measure of how autistic. There I get a 34/50.

This sort of general info test is likely very tied to age/exposure. So the better you do the older you more likely are. Oh, to score low again...

;)

95...Not sure whether having a different educational background (Australian rather than US, as this seems targetted at) impacted on this.

Several other factors which may also contribute would be:
Age - both through having more years in which random trivia can be picked up over, along with (before a certain point) much less "information overload" in that you weren't constantly being bombarded with "information", making tid-bits you did pick up more memorable
Education - Besides the difference between countries, the fact that this seems to be in a continual state of being "dumbed down", with a reliance on "aids" like calculators, computers and the Internet, whereas once people had to work things out for themselves and use a limited number of reference books. Plus, at least from what I have seen, it appears education has gone from teaching people "how" to think into more of a "what" to think mode, lessening younger people's ability\interest in exploring different areas (in general).

93/100.

"You're a trivia master - your level of general knowledge, at least based on this test, is very impressive."

I've been told that before. Called a "walking encyclopedia". That and $4.50 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Narrow interests are also typical in autistics.

There are a lot of things I know something about that I have no interest in. Like tennis being played at Wimbledon. Even though I have zero interest in tennis. It is a result of the autistic mind's predilection for taking in so many things all the time. Although I understand why you arrived at your conclusion. And thanks for posting the test. I love taking those.

This sort of general info test is likely very tied to age/exposure. So the better you do the older you more likely are. Oh, to score low again...

;)

I'm 19 and scored 93.

In my case it's 19 going on 50 though.

I knew I was in trouble with the Simpsons question. I only managed to see one episode.

New Threads

Top Bottom