• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Genealogy and History

zantene

My interests are History and genealogy and my ancestor was at Valley Forge with General Washington

I always back at school used to be interested in history, and I always wanted to know how people lived in the tudor times, in the shakespearian times and so on... I'm quite surprised their life were pretty gruesome, (well some anyways).

Also what history does is repeats itself basically, **sort of over heard my mums conversation earlier**. She's right.

With genealogy, finding ancestors you can become part of that era of time for awhile. My grandfather came from Italy on the Adriatic, a White Star Line Ship in 1907.. His captain was Edward John Smith, yes the captain
of the Titanic 5 years later.

One of my secondary interests is Victorian-era England. I enjoy studying the mannerisms, speech, social rules and especially fashion of the people who lived during that time. I also really like reading literature that was written back then such as Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, Peter Pan, and of course, Alice in Wonderland.

I am a 4th-generation Singaporean of Chinese descent, my great-grandfather sailed from a port in Southern China called Amoy/Xiamen to come here. He used to be a tea plantation owner... While I am sipping on my coffee. Weird.

I`m also interested in history and especially philosophy`s history. It`s interesting to learn how human`s thinking and opinions of the world, ethics, sense of justice, God`s existence etc. has changed during the known mankind`s history.

Indeed it had changed a lot --- I don't believe that 500 years ago, the world was seen as revolving around the Earth!

I enjoy learning about local history. My family have also been researching their family tree over the last few months. How comes everyone had the same name in Victorian times. It makes it damn confusing.

In the village where my grandpa came from, almost everybody's surname is the same, including my grandpa himself. Even more confusing man.

Good Question, If you could live anytime in American History , what would you choose.
Take a time machine just to travel back, but do not alter the Time
I would like to meet my grandfather on the Adriatic in 1907, the ship he came over to America on

Good Question, If you could live anytime in American History , what would you choose.
Take a time machine just to travel back, but do not alter the Time
I would like to meet my grandfather on the Adriatic in 1907, the ship he came over to America on

Hmm... Am I have to choose a time from American History? Well, I think I would choose the time before the Europeans came and ****ed the whole continent up. Being a native North-American would be interesting.

Hmm... Am I have to choose a time from American History? Well, I think I would choose the time before the Europeans came and ****ed the whole continent up. Being a native North-American would be interesting.

North America was a very peaceful and beautiful place before the English settled there and almost got rid of the Natives, it must have been Hell for them, the US has a pretty disguisting story behind it.

If you could live any time in History not just Am American History, Asian, European, Medieval Then what era would you choose, Any Country any time

North America was a very peaceful and beautiful place before the English settled there and almost got rid of the Natives, it must have been Hell for them, the US has a pretty disguisting story behind it.

Sad to say, migrants to the place I stay also did the same... I feel guilty.

If you could live any time in History not just Am American History, Asian, European, Medieval Then what era would you choose, Any Country any time

In that case, I guess I would choose either Ancient Greece, Japan during 17th century or Tibet during Reign of Tritsu Detsen (815-838) when the Buddhism came to Tibet and before Europeans tried to lure their way in there. Being a Buddhist monk would have been interesting. I can`t choose just one time in one certain place.

I also enjoy History. I particularly enjoy European history prior to the 20th century. Some of my favorite periods are Tudor and Victorian England.

I also enjoy History. I particularly enjoy European history prior to the 20th century. Some of my favorite periods are Tudor and Victorian England.

Same here... The victorian schools back then used to interest me.

I had this book, I don't know if I still have it but I would always used to read it over and over and over again how the school used to be like and how the kids were treated and how the school runned... Yet I'm actually pretty privileged to actually living of today.

Back in the days, we would not be able to go school unless you was like mega rich and most of the people in the tudor times couldn't read at all, so all the advertisements were by pictures (if I remembered correctly).

The black plague died out at the great fire of london in 1666.

Same here... The victorian schools back then used to interest me.

I had this book, I don't know if I still have it but I would always used to read it over and over and over again how the school used to be like and how the kids were treated and how the school runned... Yet I'm actually pretty privileged to actually living of today.

Back in the days, we would not be able to go school unless you was like mega rich and most of the people in the tudor times couldn't read at all, so all the advertisements were by pictures (if I remembered correctly).

The black plague died out at the great fire of london in 1666.

I was taught that only boys went to school during Tudor times, and girls stayed at home so they could learn household management. Only royalty and people higher up the social ladder could afford quality schooling. I know a little about schooling in the United States during the 19th century, like how being a teacher was one of the few acceptable professions for women.

I know that the Black Plague occured in the middle of the 14th century and wiped out a third of Europe's population, and that it took until the 18th or 19th century for the population to start growing back. My favorite topics from the 17th century are the Puritan society of Massachusetts and the Salem Witch Trials of 1692.

I hope it is okay to post in this thread?

My main interest is ancient civilizations (mainly the greeks, romans and egyptians). I'm fortunate enough to be studying classical civilizations at university (greeks and romans). The past has always fascinated me, I've often wondered and wished what life would have been like if I had and could live during the certain choosen time periods. It's interesting to learn how much society has changed and has not changed that much over time and how they lived etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom