• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Funny Aspie Moment Today

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
I read a headline that said “Judge tried to release teen suspect in Falls Church ATM murder“. I sat there for a little while trying to figure out what kind of church has an ATM. I guess I took it too literally. I later realized Falls Church is a town. Oh well, I can laugh at myself.

I took it the same way as you!

Sometimes, being literal is amusing, but also sometimes, it is embarrassing, because it makes me look quite stupid.

I read a headline that said “Judge tried to release teen suspect in Falls Church ATM murder“. I sat there for a little while trying to figure out what kind of church has an ATM. I guess I took it too literally. I later realized Falls Church is a town. Oh well, I can laugh at myself.

Happy birthday!

newspapers have a tendency to put up headlines like this. intentionally screwing us up.

Yeah, I don’t think it was an aspie moment so much as the OP just not knowing that Falls Church is a town combined with the funny way newspaper headlines are worded sometimes.

I once read in the paper about this guy who died in a motorcycle accident and on the next page was a police blotter section about people being arrested and any charges and the guy was said to be charged with speeding even though he was already dead and had died at the scene of the accident I think instantly. Pretty sure it’s going to be hard to get a payment for a speeding violation from a dead guy.

Omg. It's a beautiful birthday, hope you plan to live dangerously, like eat cake, or pop balloons.

New Threads

Top Bottom