• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Freya’s art thread

is my art actually bad? I accidentally checked my ex friends Twitter and I’m still secretly jealous of them.. they received three commissions to afford enough money to afford a ride to work… while I received a twenty dollar tip at work on my last shift for helping a husband and wife unload three carts worth of groceries to their trailer

Someone else receiving commissions or having any kind of success with their art says nothing about your art. Their opportunities could simply be different than yours, but it does not indicate anything about what you create. It seems like we here on the forum really enjoy your art and you know that autists are supposedly bad liars. We tell the blunt truth, so you can trust us when we say that your art is really cool and you are definitely talented.

is my art actually bad? I accidentally checked my ex friends Twitter and I’m still secretly jealous of them.. they received three commissions to afford enough money to afford a ride to work… while I received a twenty dollar tip at work on my last shift for helping a husband and wife unload three carts worth of groceries to their trailer
I don't think it will help you to compare. It will just make you feel bad, probably for no reason. And art work can be popular for different reasons, not just because it's good (since we all have different opinions of what that is). A lot of the art I like is not very popular.

Your art is very playful and has a lot of energy and personality. You can't teach that. It looks like you enjoy drawing, and passion will always draw people in. If you enjoy it, do it. Don't worry about this old friend. You can learn and improve on craft as you go along, but you have things in your art that people can't learn. Please keep drawing.

I still refuse to support/believe that one has reformed if they have harassed/insulted an artist’s work without providing constructive/insightful criticism. Looking at you ex friend of mine (non of u folk here)
You knew it would be bad to see their work – you told us about this last week or may be a few days ago. So just remember all the advice about not comparing yourself to others and measuring your worth by their appearance of success. Plus, anyone who would treat you like that is acting like a jerk, likely out of insecurity because for some reason some people make themselves feel better by putting others down.

I don't think it will help you to compare. It will just make you feel bad, probably for no reason. And art work can be popular for different reasons, not just because it's good (since we all have different opinions of what that is). A lot of the art I like is not very popular.

Your art is very playful and has a lot of energy and personality. You can't teach that. It looks like you enjoy drawing, and passion will always draw people in. If you enjoy it, do it. Don't worry about this old friend. You can learn and improve on craft as you go along, but you have things in your art that people can't learn. Please keep drawing.
As an artist, I believe that one cannot trademark an art style or art pose. Using references is not cheating. Tracing is okay as long as you don’t post it online.

1A5F098A-9280-45B1-B27A-E837D4C41B2F.png

I like your art, but even if I did not, it is still possitive and good. Its your own journey and self expression activity.

Nobody should get sad when they go hiking by a beautiful forest because other people hike faster or because there are other forests that are more beautiful. Hiking is a self activity as it is art.

You dont need others to praise your art like you dont need them to praise your bones. Both your bones and your art are part of you and valuable by themselves. Their value wont change by the oppinion of others.

I never had an artistic style, like you do. I think that is also valuable.

Hugs.

is my art actually bad?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. People have written entire books on how wonderful an artist Picasso was but I still think his works are ugly.

Be true to your own vision because that's where your talent will shine.

Don't let anyone tell you your art is bad. Your art is beautiful and you are very talented. I love the drawing you made for me so much and I want to put it somewhere in my new house when I move!

Like Outdated said, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Some people love my artwork, some people think it's awful, including some of my friends.
There are a lot of famous paintings that everyone loves that I can't stand. I know not everyone agrees with this but I really do think art is subjective.
Even so, I think yours is great and I'm always happy to see the things you create!

New Threads

Top Bottom