• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Five favorite things to do to relieve anxiety?

. . .

V.I.P Member
My five favorite things to do to relieve anxiety:

1. Listen to music
2. Watch a documentary
3. Eat a meal
4. Play a videogame
5. Drink alcohol (I don't recommend this, but it definitely does reduce anxiety)

The above list isn't in order, though I'd say nothing relieves anxiety as well as music.

Listening to music.
Talking to someone, talking usually takes my mind off whatever's causing my anxiety.
Reading.
Looking up interests on the internet.
Moving around, if I'm just sitting/lying still on my own I'm more likely to dwell on my feelings and they'll get worse.

5. Drink alcohol (I don't recommend this, but it definitely does reduce anxiety)

I've been debating with myself whether I should have a drink on my 20th this year. Reducing anxiety would be one of the pros. I've also seen guys that are apparently very quiet but when they've had a few drinks become very talkative/social and calm.

Fore me, the main thing I do to reduce anxiety would be to listen to music. I don't think I do much else, maybe talk to someone but that's about it.

1. xbox
2. listen to depressing music that relates to me
3. xbox
4. listen to music
5. xbox

It would be have a cuddle but I have no one to cuddle and cuddling a pillow makes me worse.

1. xbox
2. listen to depressing music that relates to me
3. xbox
4. listen to music
5. xbox

It would be have a cuddle but I have no one to cuddle and cuddling a pillow makes me worse.

Wow, you must play Xbox a lot. Out of curiosity, how many hours a day do you spend playing Xbox?

Me? Listening to music,reading my books, going on line to communicate with you guys, doing research concerning my plants,and sketching.

Music is a must.
ride 20 miles on my bike, or if I don't have time, then do some hard sprints
go muck about in the garage
pet the dog or cat
Get completely absorbed in my interests

I research what happens to interest me at the time. It could be system tweaks for my computer, new recipes, etc.

Well,there is not much that helps my anxiety when I am in a particularily anxious mood. But what can help is:
1.watching a sitcom that i like
2.talking to my friends on the phone or skype
3.taking a bath
4.dancing
5.drawing my future family and stuff like that

Watch YouTube videos
Listen to calm music (Hammock helps me the most)
Sleep (even though it only work until I wake up)
Daydream
Working helped too, when I had a job. I'd go in anxious, but come out fine.

Reading usually doesn't help me much because I keep thinking about what I'm anxious about and can't concentrate on the story...

Here's the list of things I do, in a way that's easy for me to remember. This is really new to me and I broke the '5 things' restriction.

CHILL-PILL

1.) Comfort check (Am I warm enough, cool enough, how's my posture Do I need to stretch, change clothes, shower, or change environment)
2.) Hunger check (have I eaten? when?)
3.) Indulge an obsession (organize things...in a wallet, on a desk, file folders etc, I will sometimes reface the items on a grocery store shelf until I'm ready to keep on shopping. My music collection has danced on the shelf between being organized by color, alphabet, year of copyright, genre, I find it fascinating that some albums wind up next to each other no matter what pattern I use, stupid math tricks, how much older is my pocket change than I am?)
4.) Laugh (humor can be used to make almost everything better, avoid being mean, but can you joke about this situation? I regularly visit Tyrannosaurus Tries, or look for math jokes online; some almost always make me smile)
5.) Laze (everyone needs downtime, sometimes I need it more)

6.) Play a game that isn't annoying (quirks in interfaces make some games better than others) or with legos
7.) Improve through Introspection (Ask myself questions about the situation and see if I need a process to make this better if it happens again)
8.) Legal Medical Marijuana (something with a high CBG count and lower numbers on THC/THCA, or look for a breed good for anxiety)
9.) Lights out. (If all else fails, I withdraw to my safe place where I have black out curtains and an audiobook version of something I've already read)

1. Listen to Pandora Radio
2. Talk to a good friend
3. Find a Cemetery to go do pictures at
4. Go for a walk
5. Smoke a cigar

- Listening to some good prog or other technical stuff, musical theory always takes thoughts far.
- Going out, specially if it's bad weather. Soak there and feel alive.
- Cooking, it's imaginative and might give something else to think about. Then eating. Good. Also, blood sugar evens out.
- Decide rather be passive than do something silly on an impulse.
- Thinking, that nothing will go bad if I'll let myself be unproductive, that there's no real harm done.

New Threads

Top Bottom