• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

4-mile run on Monday and today. Couldn't do my normal 5-miles due to some annoying and irritating road work on that route. Last time I ran through that mess, the flagger asked me to go to the opposite side of the road. I said no, because I was coming right up on the right-hand turn I wanted to make, and if I had crossed over, I would've been stuck over there due to the insane amount of traffic, and the fact that people in southern Maine simply have no respect for pedestrians/cyclists at all.

Workout today was a 5-mile road race. Had a goal of 1 hour, finished in 58:14. Happy about that. Not happy about the fact that none of the course was blocked off from traffic. My time would have been faster if I didn't have to stress about, and deal with, cars wanting to go around me and not being patient about it. Most of the runners ended up using the sidewalk. Not me! I HATE SIDEWALKS!!

Workout today was a 5-mile road race. Had a goal of 1 hour, finished in 58:14. Happy about that. Not happy about the fact that none of the course was blocked off from traffic. My time would have been faster if I didn't have to stress about, and deal with, cars wanting to go around me and not being patient about it. Most of the runners ended up using the sidewalk. Not me! I HATE SIDEWALKS!!

Awesome! Always happy to see people hit their goals.

Sorry about the lack of traffic control - sounds like the organizers didn't pay for road closure and/or police to assist?

6-mile slow run this morning. Yesterday's race pace was 11:30/mile, slow run today was around 13:30.

Another 5 miles this evening because I had more energy to burn, and I just wanted to get out! Also a 13:30/mile pace.

Then, just because, a somewhat intense 20 minutes on the stationary bike

Wandered all over the bookstore for six hours and came home, then took Rue Dog on the backway loop, (about an hour of walking start to finish). Not sure how far we went, but there was a lot of walking today.

Too hot, didn't do caffeine hit so inside bike 70 mins and elliptical for almost 25 mins. Behind some chatty Kathy with her equally chatty Cary.

Today was a 20-minute HIIT workout on the stationary bike. I'm not a big fan of HIIT workouts, but I did enjoy this one. Started with 5-minutes at level 8 for a warm-up, pedaling around 75 RPM, then 2 minutes of fast pedaling (90-100 RPM) followed by 1 minute of recovery at 75 RPM. After 3 sets, I'll go up a level, stay at 75 RPM for 1 minute, then 3 more sets.

Also did some lower body/core on the mat.

RACE PHOTOS FROM LAST SATURDAY
Heading up the final hill of Saturday's 5-mile race. Not sure what my facial expression is all about. I'm going to go with focused, motivated, determined, in the zone.

52173024740_9c46b3d910_c.jpg
52171520977_95eede3df3_c.jpg
52172544436_c02c8ab2d7_c.jpg

A ton of running so far this week.
SUNDAY: Slow 6.2 miles early morning, another slow 5 miles late afternoon.
MONDAY: 20 minute HIIT workout on the stationary bike, then some lower body/core work
TUESDAY: 5 mile tempo run in 1:04:00
WEDNESDAY / THURSDAY: slow 5 miles.
No serious fatigue or anything uncomfortable at all, so I might go out again tomorrow and Saturday and round out the week.

Okay. 40 min run, in 10 min spurts. 50 mins on stationary bike. I feel the burn. Two weight machines hit core. Yay. Oh happy day, Oh happy day. I love caffeine.

Thought this would be a good thread for those that exercise regularly to post anytime we work out, what we did, and maybe motivate each other.

Today, and for the past week and a half: Two 20-minute cardio sessions on my stationary bike--one in the morning after waking up, and one in the evening. This is done daily. As far as strength training goes, that will happen probably in a couple of weeks, and it'll be more reps with lighter weights

I've been on a bunch of antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds for the past four years and gained about 80 pounds because of it. I know for a fact that the weight gain was from the meds, because I'm usually very active, and I can normally eat what I want and not gain any weight. I stopped the meds back in August of 2021, and thus begins the weight-loss process.

I did my physical therapy exercises, two sets of pull-ups and four sets of Planks. I got a new best time of 2 minutes and 5 seconds. They are very difficult.

Planks- good job!!

They are hard. They look simple but it is surprisingly difficult to hold that position but my back feels much better after I do them. I cannot explain that. I thought it would aggravate my back but it helps. Physical therapy can be like that.

New Threads

Top Bottom