• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

Was able to get in quite a bit of work this past week. 4 days of running, 3 days of cycling, and I started a strength training routine that I like. Upper body every other day, lower body and core on the other days. Trying not to take a "rest day" because I'll go absolutely insane if I skip a day without doing anything active. I'll also do a quick random workout if I feel I have more energy. Could be just a couple of exercises, could be about 15 minutes on the treadmill.

My new home gym! I can do almost anything I want to do in here. Just looking for a bench press setup, preferably with a leg developer attachment. I'm not a fan of dumbbell bench presses, as I find it difficult to manage a pair of heavy dumbbells while leaning back on the bench, then sitting up afterwards. I'd rather just grab the bar, do the exercise, then re-rack the bar, but that's just me.
gym 1.jpg

gym 2.jpg

Basic stuff at home (push ups sit ups, etc) and some low key weight lifting with what I've got. Then a couple trips around the block jogging. I don't love it but it makes my mental health & general mood much better when I do.

My wife just got an exercise bike to add to the home gym and I can't believe how quiet these things are now. You can be flying at 15 MPH and totally silent from the next room, lol.

gym.jpg

I feel really blessed to have this little micro-gym thing going on now. Nothing feels better than a good workout

My wife just got an exercise bike to add to the home gym and I can't believe how quiet these things are now. You can be flying at 15 MPH and totally silent from the next room, lol.

View attachment 88425

I feel really blessed to have this little micro-gym thing going on now. Nothing feels better than a good workout
Wow, I'm impressed! And envious, I really hope to have a home gym at some point.

"Nothing feels better than a good workout." That's not remotely like my experience. During and after the exercise is the low point of my day, but it does elevate the rest of it.
On Tuesday, I saw ice on a pond, and finished my bike ride at the winter storage shed. Since then, I've been moving snow, and may have overdone it a bit today.

New Threads

Top Bottom