• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

Core workout. Plus 4 sets 12 push-ups with the first of ea set a real push-up.

Might go for a jog later in celebration of temperature being above freezing.

I started a new intensive workout regime today. I’m pretty excited about the prospect of really improving my cardiovascular health and muscle tone. At the same time, it’s pretty daunting. This morning was an hour of shadowboxing, which was pretty intense (I did have to take a few short breaks to catch my breath). This afternoon will be 30 minutes of strength training. Not sure whether I will choose barre or weights yet. Probably will do some yoga before bed to put my muscles to sleep :D

30 minutes of HIIT. It was not a good day for me, I couldn’t keep up with the trainers at all and I lightly sprained my ankle trying to do jumping lunges. Lesson for me to stick to easier modifications and low impact exercises for now. I’m gonna do some stretches before bed, hopefully I won’t be too stiff tomorrow.

Monday l ran 30 mins and did weight cuircut. Today was a little dumbbells. I am trying to run 3 times this week. But l am sad because running is slimming me down too much. I guess a need Godiva Chicolates store to open next to me but l would settles for See's candies. I find l am a voyeur of fitness youtube like just watching those videos helps me firm up in my pea brain, or l critique it and it fails to meet my standards so l am forced to sit it out. Lol

One and a half hour hike in a gorgeous pine forest with the dogs (I'll try to remember to upload some pics tomorrow.)
I had completely forgotten that the trail existed. It's definitely one of the more scenic ones in my area. And with the snow it looks amazing.

I started feeling a bit fatigued after a while so I didn't go as long as I'd planned :( I've been doing a lot of hiking lately and it's catching up with me.
And now I am wide awake :rolleyes: But I should probably do a meditation and go to bed (meditation doesn't exactly count as exercise but is still health-related. I guess it could be exercise depending on what kind of meditation it is though. But my go-to is usually a body scan.)

Thanks. Yes. Sugar is very bad. But it doesn't stop me from my fantasies. I walk through desert aisles just to stare. And l am known to have an occasional donut, (shudder). I finally kicked my candy habit a year ago.

Active rest day today. Went for a short bike ride and a walk to enjoy a sunny winter day :)

30 minutes of cardio this morning, followed by an hour of Body Balance. Good start of the day :)

Yesterday was our day off, and we went hiking. Peaceful Bay to Point Irwin and back. Three hours of solid exercise with stretches of beach sand, little hills, rock-hopping, and a few quite big hills. Our dog Jess enjoyed the swimming and the wave-chasing (she runs parallel to the shore "herding" waves).

The dog gets more exercise than us on coastal walks because this is what she does:

The bigger the waves, the more she runs - and this was just an inland lake...

Today it's back to on-the-land work. I've just finished trimming the feet of this fella. Meet Don Quixote:

...and had to take a break because it's hard work. About to go do his friend Ben. It's good for the muscles, bad for the arthritis, and makes me less inclined to go do cardio exercise after my day's work than when I used to work in an office and came home with a tonne of pent-up energy. Any people in physical work here with any tricks on how to motivate yourself to do serious cardio as well instead of just collapse on the sofa at the end of your day?

Yesterday was our day off, and we went hiking. Peaceful Bay to Point Irwin and back. Three hours of solid exercise with stretches of beach sand, little hills, rock-hopping, and a few quite big hills. Our dog Jess enjoyed the swimming and the wave-chasing (she runs parallel to the shore "herding" waves).

The dog gets more exercise than us on coastal walks because this is what she does:

The bigger the waves, the more she runs - and this was just an inland lake...

Today it's back to on-the-land work. I've just finished trimming the feet of this fella. Meet Don Quixote:

...and had to take a break because it's hard work. About to go do his friend Ben. It's good for the muscles, bad for the arthritis, and makes me less inclined to go do cardio exercise after my day's work than when I used to work in an office and came home with a tonne of pent-up energy. Any people in physical work here with any tricks on how to motivate yourself to do serious cardio as well instead of just collapse on the sofa at the end of your day?
Wow, what a beautiful beach!

We're pretty lucky here, @Bolletje. This is such a spectacular coastline, and it's mostly unspoilt. We're on the South Coast of Western Australia.

Of course, you are spoilt for good cheese! :)

Update to today's exercise log: I ended up trimming the hooves of THREE donkeys instead of the intended one. Got in a groove and they were so nice to me! :hearteyes:

PS: I wrote up a really spectacular coastal walk here as a photoessay - also our record hike in terms of distance - we did 25km all up that day...and unbelievable scenery...

Today I walked a few 1-mile laps around a neighboring town, testing out Kodi’s new service dog harness (it’s more of a village than a town. The towns are really small around here.)

Didn’t take any pictures unfortunately because my hands were cold due to it being below freezing.

I’ve been tiring out really easily lately but I was okay. I’m very active despite being partially disabled and really overweight.

Hopefully more adventures tomorrow :)

@Callistemon I absolutely love that you hike with your dog too! :) Hiking with my dogs is a passion/special interest.

And that scenery in Australia. Omg :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
Hopefully I can get out there for some exploring someday!!

And since I forgot the other day, here is the pine forest, featuring one of my super-hikers:

92007F1A-CBD8-4DEC-AD4D-0DA9FE1E0C93.jpeg

Luca, sometimes we have to sneak Jess in because Australia has strange rules about National Parks - mostly no dogs, predominantly because of this weird Australian law that if someone gets attacked by a dog they can sue the owner of the land it happened on, rather than the owner. Which is ridiculous; in the UK dogs are welcome in parks. I've wondered if I should register her as a PTSD service dog, but didn't want to exploit it. I'd definitely still want to take her if I didn't have PTSD... so we go to remote places where we hardly ever meet anyone else, and are prepared to cop a fine if we are "sprung"...

PS: Is that your dog above? :hearteyes:

Luca, sometimes we have to sneak Jess in because Australia has strange rules about National Parks - mostly no dogs, because of this weird Australian law that if someone gets attacked by a dog they can sue the owner of the land it happened on, rather than the owner. Which is ridiculous; in the UK dogs are welcome in parks. I've wondered if I should register her as a PTSD service dog, but didn't want to exploit it. I'd probably still want to take her if I didn't have PTSD... so we go to remote places where we hardly ever meet anyone else, and are prepared to cop a fine if we are "sprung"...

PS: Is that your dog above? :hearteyes:

We have some weird park regulations in the US too. Most trails in my state are dog-friendly though.
That’s odd that they’d sue the owner of the land :confused:

If you want to have her trained as a service dog (or train her yourself with some help) I can definitely give advice :) I would always recommend working with a professional trainer.
Kodi (not the dog in the photo, that is Enzo) is a medical service dog but is multipurpose (meaning she can do a wide range of tasks) and does perform some PTSD tasks as well.

I usually hike in remote places too just to be safe… my dogs are well-trained, but it isn’t a guarantee that everyone else’s are, or that they have them under control :confused:
Plus I got cussed out recently for one of my dogs saying hi to another dog… o_O

And yes, that’s one of mine in the photo, he is a Pointer :)

I’ll go into more detail when I reply to your most recent private message, I have a bad habit of derailing threads :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom