• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

I’m feeling some tightness in my Achilles heels, so I went with a low impact dance workout followed by core exercises, instead of the planned step class.

I need to start doing some core work, but I do NOT wish to include crunches/sit-ups. I'd have to do a few hundred a day to see any results from them. lol.

65 degrees F here in southern Maine. 4.5 mile walk in just under an hour and a half, in shorts and a tank--unheard of in February, but I'll take advantage of that warm weather for sure.

Another bike workout, 30 min. at easy pace 15 medium-hard, 15 at warm down pace.

30 minutes pacing indoors, because it is so freaking cold.

I did an hour of strength training first thing this morning. I really enjoyed it.
This afternoon there was a 30-minute walk in the cold, pouring rain, because the bus didn’t show up. Involuntary extra workout :rolleyes:

30 minutes of BodyCombat, 30 minutes of walking outdoors.

I’ll probably squeeze in a yoga/stretch session tonight before bed.

45 minute walk. Shoulder workout. Making progress with the push-ups, 4 sets of 12 with the first 4 real.
I could use a yoga session & some roller work.

45 minute walk. Shoulder workout. Making progress with the push-ups, 4 sets of 12 with the first 4 real.
I could use a yoga session & some roller work.
Impressive! I have strong legs, but very weak shoulders (perks of being behind a computer all day, I guess). I still need to be on my knees to do push-ups.

I chopped wood for like an hour (again). Very therapeutic! I had to use a conical wedge on a log a couple of times because it wouldn't split with the maul. I wailed on that spike over and over til the log split in two. Then once more into more pieces.

30 minutes of dancing this morning, followed by a leisurely 60 minute walk outside in the spring sun :)

I think I will do some stretching again tonight before bed.

Only the first 4 were real, meaning the others were all from knees.
I’m starting here because I really want to be able to do 4 sets of 6 - all real push-ups - someday. And since I’m stating a goal, maybe it will keep me working toward it.

Only the first 4 were real, meaning the others were all from knees.
I’m starting here because I really want to be able to do 4 sets of 6 - all real push-ups - someday. And since I’m stating a goal, maybe it will keep me working toward it.
Well, I strive to be able to do 4 proper push-ups in a row one day ;) working hard on it though. Keep up the good work, @watersprite !

Today was an active rest day. 30 minutes on my bike to drive to and from my parents, and an hour long leisurely walk in the woods.

New Threads

Top Bottom