• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

Yesterday, the 2km valley loop with the dog, and some serious gardening.

Today was our day off, and we did a 10km loop walk from Parry Beach to Point Hillier - gorgeous scenery, uphill / downhill dune walking and then along a very aerated beach, which was heavy going - so much so that for the first time in years, I had sore spots in my gluteal muscles when we got home later. This was, however, more than made up for by the view from the spot we had lunch.

51357054655_12fb9c1e9b_b.jpg

It's gorgeous, spectacular scenery out there and if anyone would like a virtual walk, here's a slide show: Use the right arrow - photos finish with the dog in the back of the car!

Track Map for Parry Beach Surrounds, South Coast, Western Australia

30 minutes of upper body functional strength training. My wrists are very displeased with me. The trainer decided one handed tricep dips would be a good idea. Also push ups and mountain climbers and inchworms and burpees and bear crawls and side planks. I think there were one or two workouts that didn’t directly put pressure on my wrists. On the positive side, I did finish the workout without collapsing on the floor in a sobbing heap of broken bones, so I guess I did something right.

Yesterday, the 2km valley loop with the dog, and some serious gardening.

Today was our day off, and we did a 10km loop walk from Parry Beach to Point Hillier - gorgeous scenery, uphill / downhill dune walking and then along a very aerated beach, which was heavy going - so much so that for the first time in years, I had sore spots in my gluteal muscles when we got home later. This was, however, more than made up for by the view from the spot we had lunch.

51357054655_12fb9c1e9b_b.jpg

It's gorgeous, spectacular scenery out there and if anyone would like a virtual walk, here's a slide show: Use the right arrow - photos finish with the dog in the back of the car!

Track Map for Parry Beach Surrounds, South Coast, Western Australia

Lovely scenery! You are very lucky to live there.

Yesterday full weight train weight machines. Then car wouldn't start at gym. Lol

Today 40 mins run-jog on the treddie. (Balloons !). And 30 on cute sit watch TV bike.

Yesterday was a rest day, just a walk outside (in the pouring rain) with my boyfriend. Today is supposed to be interval training day, I’m just trying to find the willpower to do it :rolleyes:

I gathered my courage and did 30 minutes of HIIT. I’m still not a fan, but I have to admit I’m really seeing improvement, and fast. So I guess I’m going to have to incorporate this into my fitness routine.

Especially because I somehow got drafted into a 100 km mountainbike race with a team of coworkers. I have 12 weeks to get in shape. Better get to it :eek:

When it comes to training, high-intensity is key I think. In my experience, high-intensity yields better results faster. The downside is that it's high-intensity. :) It can be brutal. It should be brutal. Like they say, no pain, no gain.
The brutality is not the worst part for me, really. I mostly get discouraged by AMRAP/Tabata exercises where instructors do 100 times the number of repetitions I can do. Intellectually I know HIIT yields the best, fastest results, I just have to make myself do it.

There are other exercises I enjoy a lot more, but they don’t yield the same results. No reason not to do those on other days, I just wished HIIT was my favorite exercise because it would make everything easier

Too busy yesterday, so all I had time for was 30 minutes on the stationary bike and a tiny bit of lower body/core. Today is probably looking like the same, although I do want to try and get in a power walk/run as well.

Don't know if l can do high intensity, we have those gyms here now but my age group makes me think not. But sometimes l run intense for 10 mins cycle 4 times on treadmill. It's more effective then 40 straight min run.
Today is dumbbell at home day, maybe kettlebells.

20 minutes on the stationary bike, some lower-body/core work/stretching, then a 5-mile power walk. Went to Wally-world and bought a foam roller and a floor mat earlier. I need to get used to the roller, but hopefully, along with the stretching and lower-body work I'm doing, it'll help alleviate this pesky shin splint in my right leg.
Tried a couple of things on the mat, mostly hip thrusts (bridges) and single-leg raises, and I really like the mat. 10mm thick, soft, comfortable, and it doesn't stick to me like some other mats in the $15 price range.

Yesterday I went for a 10km hike with a group. We went through a forest and around a lake. It was steep in some parts but we took a few rests, which made it a bit easier.
Tired muscles today so going to relax.

40 mins on treddie! 20 on Mr bike.
And gas fill-up.
I was held-up at the gas station. It was the gas pump. Lol

20 mile bike ride early yesterday morning before church. Today was a 30-minute, moderately intense stationary bike workout in the morning, then a very slow 5-mile jog/run followed by some lower body stretching/training.

Yesterday was 45 minutes of spin class. Today was a rest day. I did do a lot of walking and cycling short distances in a social context, but no workouts.

Eyeballs falling out today with migraine aura so no training of self or horse. Did make some apple-mulberry pockets so hopefully they will power me tomorrow. COVID booster tomorrow as Brett's workplace is opening a vial of Novavax and we don't want any going down the sink so it can go in my arm. Previous booster was Moderna and initial two shots were Pfizer. No reactions to those and I plan to walk around Lake Seppings in town first anyway.

Eyeballs falling out today with migraine aura so no training of self or horse. Did make some apple-mulberry pockets so hopefully they will power me tomorrow. COVID booster tomorrow as Brett's workplace is opening a vial of Novavax and we don't want any going down the sink so it can go in my arm. Previous booster was Moderna and initial two shots were Pfizer. No reactions to those and I plan to walk around Lake Seppings in town first anyway.
Hope you feel better soon! I’m dealing with a spot of vertigo and general weakness today, so my planned HIIT/strength combo is out the window too. Maybe some mild yoga tonight.

Did a 7km walk today. Weighed myself and was pleased to find out I am exactly at my target weight. I intend to keep going with the exercise for my physical and mental health. I notice a greater feeling of wellbeing when I'm more active.

Last edited:
Did 30 on treddie. Had to leave. High heat. But l ran like nobody's mommy. Listening to Zen- kflay song. Came out during covid and explains alot of frustrations.

Hope you feel better soon! I’m dealing with a spot of vertigo and general weakness today, so my planned HIIT/strength combo is out the window too. Maybe some mild yoga tonight.

Thank you! Much better today and have a day off tomorrow. How are you today?

I did briskly walk with the dog around Lake Seppings in town this morning, with a few bursts of running. Took half an hour.

large_4073ed9306336c7c9584480a99c9f891.jpg

Lake Seppings in wider context:

view-of-lake-seppings-from-mount-clarence-in-albany-western-australia.jpg

Back home I worked with the horse by taking him on a 2km walk and practising stopping and standing up in the stirrups in preparation for riding. We also did some flat-out running which got my heart rate up. The five donkeys had come with us and it was so funny to see them in single file, first behind us and then running like little rocking-horses in front of us after I let them pass. :grinning: Sadly no camera, but one day I will get a photo of this. But - here's a clip of three of them coming on a walk with us and the dog in the same place I took the horse today.

The dark one is Don Quixote, the shaggy one Mary Lou and the little skewbald Sparkle.

Tomorrow I'm going to get on the horse's back and ride him a little, with Brett on the lead line. I'll be wearing a helmet. I've been on his back before but not with him moving.

This afternoon I got a flu shot in one arm and a COVID booster in the other. Hopefully this will minimise training interruptions this autumn and winter. We both had a rather debilitating flu before the pandemic, which had both of us bedridden and off work for two weeks. We could really see how respiratory infections can kill people, and this is before SARS arrived on our shores. Took us weeks to get our fitness back and I'm not keen to repeat that experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom