• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

Early morning walk with the dog on the usual 2km loop around our place, aftermath of a cold front coming through, so in fleece and gloves and a rain jacket. Nice invigorating start to the morning. Hoof trimming in the afternoon, Julian's hooves, all four, good job on him but I was totally sweaty by the time I was done 45 minutes later, so that I had to jump in the shower.

Yesterday was our day off; the first strong winter front passed through and it was bucketing all day, so we just had a cosy indoors day. In the afternoon we went for a 5km lap through the eucalyptus woodlands here in the rain, with brollies! Everything so fresh and clean, wonderful aromas - and the colours of the dead leaves on the ground so intense, red and browns. Nothing quite like the smell of earth and forests after rain! :)

Monday and Wednesday I did an hour's walk with the horse I am saddle training. Would have liked to do more today but it was windy and wet. This was him when I first led him around with a saddle on in February this year. (I don't normally have a photographer with me!)

51878769738_0010779c66_b.jpg

This is the half brother of the long-time riding horse I had, who died last November. I've got a thread on saddle training him in the Pets & Animals section.

Did a brisk 5km walk today. It felt like an achievement because some days recently I haven't felt able to walk far. It was warm and sunny outside and I felt good afterwards.

1 static pull up, kind of isometric....I am incredibly lazy...I held it for about 10 seconds...Undisciplined actually...I walk , I run, even occasionally break out into random calisthenics....brief bursts of calisthentics...

Tried a 5-mile power walk earlier today. I signed up for a 5-mile road race at the end of June, and the course is right in my neighborhood, so I decided to walk it and check it out. I'll probably pick up running again in a couple days, depending on how my legs feel. I've also been doing plenty of lower-body stretches and exercises to build that up.

Repositioned an electric fence - not hard work but time-consuming. Trimmed dead bushes and burnt a bonfire stack. Various farm other chores. Also hung bedding on the line etc. Nothing formal-exercisey yet but it's a clear evening and later on might be a good night to walk the 2km valley/ridge loop and star-gaze our crystalline remote-area sky.

Yesterday I did another hour's walk and various exercises with the horse. He is now standing still most of the time when I half clamber on his back by putting one foot in the stirrup and standing upright in it while holding onto the saddle, and I suppose that would qualify as a kind of gymnastics. :)

Yesterday I did another hour's walk and various exercises with the horse. He is now standing still most of the time when I half clamber on his back by putting one foot in the stirrup and standing upright in it while holding onto the saddle, and I suppose that would qualify as a kind of gymnastics.
Sounds like a core workout to me!

60 minutes of cycling. Three consecutive office days this week and some slight health issues, so other than the commute on my bicycle I’m not doing any workouts.

Today's going to be a rest day. Friendly reminder that if we push too much too fast that we'll end up breaking down instead of building up. :)

I’m doing a Pamela Reif HITT 10 minutes everyday. I feel so good doing that. I’ve lost 6 kg in about 2 month now that’s great.

I’m doing a Pamela Reif HITT 10 minutes everyday. I feel so good doing that. I’ve lost 6 kg in about 2 month now that’s great.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Pamela Reif's workouts! I personally work out with Les Mills On Demand, but I’ve heard from a lot of people that combine those workout with Pamela Reif.

I must be too used to it or something. No sweat, no after-effects, unlike Pilates. ;) Now there's a core workout. I have the mat, most days I just look at it with good intentions...
My mat is often used for snuggle sessions with my cat. He swoops in whenever I do pilates, yoga or my cooldown. 27A8069A-8580-4309-AA06-8B8873FFFEE2.jpeg

An hour of functional strength training this morning, and 2x30 minutes of cycling to and from work.

New Threads

Top Bottom