• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

50 minutes of cycling outside for work. I’ve decided that I don’t need to work out on days I cycle to and from the office, unless I really want to.

5 mile walk with hills and 2 mi of trails. Hopefully by the end of summer I'll be back in shape for hiking.

It’s a sunny spring day, so I went for a 30 minute walk in the park rather than my scheduled workout :)
4D914B75-4318-41E3-B3D7-9B30B2FD6FA7.jpeg

Nearly 10km hike today in nearby bushland, and last Thursday, 10km through the coastal hills - that was a super workout.

At least the 2km loop through our place most other days, on top of various farm tasks. @Bolletje is inspiring me to do core work again...I do have an exercise mat... :)

30 minutes lower body functional strength training. I’m annoyed at how wobbly I am after not training for a while, but I’ll get better.

Yesterday was 30 minutes of HIIT. I was tricked into it by it being called cardio. I got really frustrated by the instructor happily hopping around like a bunny while I was flopping around on the floor in a state of confusion, but I made it through to the end.

A couple of things happened yesterday. Some new gear from Running Warehouse showed up. BOA singlet, and New Balance shorts, both of which were on clearance. Singlet has a snug fit, but that's fine with me as I prefer my clothes to fit close to my body. Shorts are perfect. They were advertised as 3", but I think they're actually 2", which again, is just fine with me. The shorter, the better.

20220511_132014.jpg

Next: Went for my usual 4-mile run today, and wouldn't you know it, around mile 3.25, shin splint in my right leg. Bleh! Had to resort to walking for a bit for that last 3/4 mile, which I was not very happy with, but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I might do a power walk tomorrow and see how that goes, but I love working out so much that I can't go more than a day without doing anything active at all.

Today was a pretty active day for me. 30 mile bike ride in the morning, 3 mile run in the afternoon, and a 4 mile walk in the evening. It was sunny and 75F out, I just couldn't stay indoors.

Alright!! Sorry about shin splint. I actually have a book on runner's now.

30 fast mins on treadmill, l don't run on pavement. (Yes, l know you aren't suppose to start a sentence with numbers). 30 mins on bike. And l did almost all circuit of machines despite the peewee college crowd. Lol. They sit on their phones and sit on the machines while others wait. Oh boy. Nice gear from running house.

I can't do treadmills. My body is so used to road running that (other than the shin splint I got yesterday) it doesn't really bother me. Treadmills just don't feel natural to me at all, unless I set the incline 0.5 or 1% above what it should be, so it feels more normal, but then there's the cushioned deck. And yes, one of the reasons I left my gym years ago, other than too many people and my anxiety being as bad as it was, was that too many people were just sitting around on the various machines on their phones, or being social with other patrons, while I was there to do what you're kinda SUPPOSED to do at a gym: exercise!

I can't do treadmills. My body is so used to road running that (other than the shin splint I got yesterday) it doesn't really bother me. Treadmills just don't feel natural to me at all, unless I set the incline 0.5 or 1% above what it should be, so it feels more normal, but then there's the cushioned deck. And yes, one of the reasons I left my gym years ago, other than too many people and my anxiety being as bad as it was, was that too many people were just sitting around on the various machines on their phones, or being social with other patrons, while I was there to do what you're kinda SUPPOSED to do at a gym: exercise!

I read that woman's pelvic drops from running on concrete. I guess it's too hard on our body. Plus l would space out thinking about something and fall or run into something. Running outside is not good for me.

First thing this morning I did 30 minutes of lower body functional strength training. Even my lazy glutes woke up this morning, I am definitely feeling it.

New Threads

Top Bottom