• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

First video game you ever played?

Angular Chap

V.I.P Member
What was the first video game you ever played?

Here's mine, Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Sega Master System 2. Alex Kidd was Sega's mascot before Sonic the Hedgehog. The game got a remake in 2021.

alex kidd.jpeg

Master_System_II-1079078141.jpeg

The Sega Master Systems all had a game built in, switching the console on without a cartridge inserted would allow it to be played. My friend's Master System had Alex Kidd.

The second game I ever played was the Master System version of Sonic 1.

sonic-the-hedgehog-master-system-2493838862.jpeg

And the third was Ghouls 'n Ghosts, also on Master System. I rented this from the local video store, along with the console, but it was too hard for me at the time. The console from the video store had Sonic built in, so I played that instead.

ghouls-n-ghosts-ms-2148286008.png

Since I grew up around them thanks to having older siblings, it's really hard to say. Weirdly, one of the earliest memories I can even recall seems to be that of Rad Racer, so it's probably that!

1694170957997.png

Also, nobody talks about it and I've never gone back to it for some reason. I'm guessing it sucks? lol

The earliest game I remember was Space Harrier on the Atari ST, xmas 1989. It is possible that I did play games on a BBC computer earlier (school I started in September that year had them) but I can't remember.
Note that the game in this video is clearly hacked to give unlimited lives. I only managed part way through level 4.

What was the first video game you ever played?

Here's mine, Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Sega Master System 2. Alex Kidd was Sega's mascot before Sonic the Hedgehog. The game got a remake in 2021.

View attachment 115274

View attachment 115275

The Sega Master Systems all had a game built in, switching the console on without a cartridge inserted would allow it to be played. My friend's Master System had Alex Kidd.

The second game I ever played was the Master System version of Sonic 1.

View attachment 115276

And the third was Ghouls 'n Ghosts, also on Master System. I rented this from the local video store, along with the console, but it was too hard for me at the time. The console from the video store had Sonic built in, so I played that instead.

View attachment 115277
It wasn't the first game I played but I also had Alex the Kidd on Master System. Tough game, since I couldn't finish it, but absolutely loved it. Those pics bring back memories. I'm not sure what is the first game I'd played. Maybe Mario Bros, but I'm not sure.

@Angular Chap Alex Kidd in Miracle World was my first game too. I got up to the castle level, but if I recall you had to double back on yourself and make your way out again and I never made it.

Only had 2 games on that console, the second being Mickey Mouse:

1694178772672.png

As a kid I got up to the castle level where the walls moved and would crush you if you weren't quick enough. There were also buttons to reverse the way the walls moved. But I could never get past it.

A few years ago I did get past that level whilst playing on an emulator, but I never completed the game.

Ed

It wasn't the first game I played but I also had Alex the Kidd on Master System. Tough game, since I couldn't finish it, but absolutely loved it. Those pics bring back memories.
Some retro eye candy for you then! This is my Master System original model and controller, got them dirt cheap on eBay years ago. I still use the controller with emulators on PC.

Master System.jpg

Alex Kidd in Miracle World was my first game too. I got up to the castle level, but if I recall you had to double back on yourself and make your way out again and I never made it.
For me, it was the final puzzle I got stuck on. The solution could be found earlier in the game but there was a localisation oversight, most Westerners assumed the solution was read left to right but it used the Japanese writing system of right to left so most people tried the puzzle in reverse, which triggered the ghost to appear and kill them. It wasn't until the internet became popular that people really found the mistake.

Been gaming for as long as I can remember.

I'm told that I was like 3 when I started? My parents had an Atari 2600 for reasons I've never been able to understand, and that's what I started with.

To this day I still play those frequently. Though, by emulator, not via original hardware.

Tanks. The one right after Pong. I used to go down to the waiting room of a trendy restaurant with a friend to play it, and got all my gaming done for half a roll of quarters. I see that they have gotten fancier, but I don't understand the addictions, and don't see any benefits. Card games at least teach a bit about odds.

I think the first game I played was "Final Fight" on a Super NES. I used to play it a lot at home with my Dad and brothers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmm... Pacman, I think.

Pacman was the first one I played. Probably the last one, too. :)

I've seen something called "June's Journey" advertised on television. It looks like a mindless murder mystery amateur sleuth game but I like British murder mysteries so I might like it.

The first game I ever played was 3D Star Strike for the Amstrad CPC...
th-130321758.jpg

I was about 3 years old and my dad had just gotten the computer that day. I was puzzled as to why we had a "little green TV" in the living room. My dad taught me how to load the game from tape and he explained to me that "the tape tells the computer what to do..." So I became fascinated as to how it did that.

The next morning, I tried to load one of my story tapes, thinking that it would "tell the computer what to do." I realised there was something different about the computer tapes. So I started looking for words on one of the software tapes by pulling the tape out of the cassette lol! :smilecat:

New Threads

Top Bottom