• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally, people I can relate to.

calcmaster

Hi, my name is Greg. I'm a self-diagnosed Aspie. I'd go see a doctor to make it official but I'm an English speaking American living in Spain and have a hard time explaining complicated things in Spanish and I have learned to beat the challenges well enough to make it on my own. Things I deal with: I spend weeks and sometimes months eating, living, sleeping and breathing a single topic. I've got zero understanding of sarcasm and take verbal input very literally. I get anxiety attacks waiting in line next to people in the cafeteria at work for fear of having to partake in small talk yet I can talk comfortably at long length about the things that I'm very interested in. I often times spill very personal truths to people I hardly know and find it impossible to lie. I'm a visual thinker. Apart from all of that, I'm a pretty sane, happy (in my own way) and successful person. Nice to meet you.

Welcome, Calcmaster! Many of us here can relate to your eating-living-breathing a single topic since we tend to do this too. As for small talk, I hate it, suck at it & cannot make sense of it either. Some folks talk simply because they have a mouth. Either way, I'm glad you found us. Hop in with both feet (or not, if you do not want to...) & this will soon become a second home to you.

Welcome to the forums! We here have problems that we can improve upon and strengths to go through.

New Threads

Top Bottom