• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

I think Theodore from the movie Her is one, since he had problems on emotions and feelings, which leads to him falling in love with his PC's OS.

Last edited:
I think Theodore from the movie Her is one, since he had problems on emotions and feelings, which leads to him falling in love with his PC's OS.

Arnold hon, I would love to read your posts, but the size is too small. Would you be willing to make it larger so those of us with vision problems can read them too?

Arnold hon, I would love to read your posts, but the size is too small. Would you be willing to make it larger so those of us with vision problems can read them too?
Ok, Here's the big version of what I said:

I would have liked to say Rapunzel from Tangled. It could just as well have been because of her isolated childhood… but I think an NT child would have jumped out of that window the moment they hit puberty.

She sure has that whole unabashed joy and that thing where you are open to everyone, like a child. (At least until you learn whom not to trust, but even then I've found it hard to refuse their requests for "one last chance".) She has the routine thing down as well. And the motormouth thing, and the charm thing, and the don't-cut-my-hair thing…

I would have liked to say Rapunzel from Tangled. It could just as well have been because of her isolated childhood… but I think an NT child would have jumped out of that window the moment they hit puberty.

She sure has that whole unabashed joy and that thing where you are open to everyone, like a child. (At least until you learn whom not to trust, but even then I've found it hard to refuse their requests for "one last chance".) She has the routine thing down as well. And the motormouth thing, and the charm thing, and the don't-cut-my-hair thing…

I would chalk that up more to the fact that she spent her entire life in total isolation, which I assume could give her some AS traits?

I haven't actually read all the way through this thread, but has anyone mentioned Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation? Seems like the obvious choice to me! :biggrin:

I would chalk that up more to the fact that she spent her entire life in total isolation, which I assume could give her some AS traits?

That's plausible. I do think NTs would be a lot like us if their sense input was intensified to match our sensitivities (ordinarily called "issues"). I just think it is normal to act catatonic and/or panicky in response to the unfiltered mess that is the perceived world until you learn to install and operate filters manually.

Rapunzel doesn't seem to have sensory issues, but she certainly enjoys being able to sense things directly.

Speaking of Disney characters with degrees of autism, how about Milo Thatch?

He is socially awkward, completely obsessed with Atlantis and linguistics, kinda clumsy, kinda clueless about, you know, body language and such. Does what's right because it's right, not because all the NTs standing around too afraid to interfere are doing anything.

I don't know, maybe we should all just marry someone from the Stone Age. It would be cool.

Kotomi Ichinose from Clannad.
The anime made me have my doubts about her, but in a discussion in another forum it was concluded that it was just her quirky personality, however when playing the game it's clear she is an Aspie. For example, in one scene she talked with the main character and they would meet "there", when he arrived there, she was standing in the exactly same place for minutes already, waiting for her. Also she has a deep obsession for physics stuff, there are plenty other things, I can't really remember them all, if you play the game you'll see it clearly probably, it's funny that I always look and identify some things with myself hahaha!

Snufkin, at least in the books.

He loves his solitude. He has deep thoughts. He doesn't always want to speak, and Moomin accepts that. He will fight for what is right.

Lisbeth Salender from Dragon Tattoo. Nobody else honestly thought of that? It even heavily alludes to it in the book. She's an absolute symbol that we don't have to take society's label. That we don't have to be what they say we are

Though I don't watch the show often, if you are referring to the Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan character, I would agree there are aspie like qualities.

I would also point out Star Trek's Data(NexGen), Odo (DS9), and Seven (Voyager)...maybe Spock (original).

Jaws, Spock is a mix bred human/Vulcan species which is the reason to his many aspie traits and Data is an artificial human and thus not express emotions.

King from the fanfiction Two Sides of The Same Coin, based on Lucky Star anime. I'm pretty sure he is because it's actually stated in the storyline that he is ^^. There are some characteristics too, like in one scene that he's constantly listening to just one song, he's not very sociable, not very able to express his emotions (actually he says he hates having some feelings, emphasis on love), he has a deep obsession with music and it's shown in the story that he had other obsessions too...

Also I agree with @joshodude1308, Sherlock Holmes indeed has AS, as for Sheldon I don't really know, I've seen people talk about it but the show writers negated the theories, but most of the cases are like this, the author doesn't reveal or negate it...

Also I agree with @joshodude1308, Sherlock Holmes indeed has AS.

Well, it really boils down to which Sherlock is being discussed, in my opinion. He's been talked about at length in this thread, but as there are many interpretations of the character, this question may therefore be answered in multiple ways.

I don't think so. She wants so badly to join society and embraces all of it as soon as she can — the people, the bar fights, the strangers, family... the life she always wanted. She goes into the city and starts singing, dancing, and hugging people. Not very aspie like.

I don't think so. She wants so badly to join society and embraces all of it as soon as she can — the people, the bar fights, the strangers, family... the life she always wanted. She goes into the city and starts singing, dancing, and hugging people. Not very aspie like.

Well, that's pretty much me before repeated exposure to judgementality and social repercussions made me more inclined to keep to myself and shun people. (It never ceases to amuse and astound me that nowadays the very same people think I am this way because I am shy.)

Ed Grimley from SNL:

Steve Urkle from Family Matters:

Pee Wee Herman:

Barney Fife from Andy Griffith:

Radar O'Reilly from MASH:

Last edited by a moderator:
Twister Rodriguez from the Nicktoon Rocket Power - He is skilled at art and making things but is barely able to read and takes everything he hears literally, He seems confused by whats going on around him, does not understand rules very well, wears the same cap all the time and gets upset when he loses it, stays close to what few friends he has, is easily tricked or bullied, sometimes unaware that he has said something embarrassing or idiotic and he has some odd eating habits.

Captain Queeg (played by Humphrey Bogart) in "The Caine Mutiny".

They pegged him as a paranoid, yet he may have been something else. Clearly within the story it was established that he was misunderstood on some levels.

Strange story...as if it was understood that not all the facts were in about the man. Was he unfairly maligned by a mutinous crew?

New Threads

Top Bottom