• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite TV Shows?

I'm also a big fan of Downton Abbey. I love that show so much. It's my soap opera.

I love rooting for the kind underdogs. People like Lady Edith, Mr. Molsley and Denker, Anna and Bates, and even little Daisy and Mrs. Patmore.

Lady Rose is so fun and Lady Sybil is so sweet.

Basically the end of this cartoon is a depiction of my daughter and I watching Downton Abbey.

I focus almost exclusively on comedy shows, especially UK one's and some US one's. I'm of the mindset that there's enough drama in my life without willingly spectating in fictional one's on TV.

I have an affinity for awkward humour, or those which focus on socially inept or unusual characters. I'm also a fan of dark as well as some absurdist humour too. Most of the below are considered cult classics in the UK and are highly rated on IMDB.

I was always a little confused with how frustrated Kristy got with me repeating these shows, because it's a wide selection of shows:

UK Shows
Black Books
Blackadder I-IV
Bottom
Brass Eye
Derek
Derry Girls
Extras
Father Ted
Flowers
Friday Night Dinner
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
Green Wing
I'm Alan Partridge
Idiot Abroad
League of Gentlemen
Life's Too Short
Look Around You
Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere
Mid Morning Matters with Alan Partridge
Mighty Boosh
Moaning of Life
Nighty Night
Peep Show
Phoenix Nights
Saxondale
Spaced
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle
Teachers
The Inbetweeners
The IT Crowd
The Office
The Ricky Gervais Show (animated podcast)
The Trip
This Country
Toast of London
Top Buzzer

US Shows
Arrested Development
Community
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Parks & Recreation
The Office

I've probably missed some, but it gives a flavour. Also, if you're a fan of some of the shows on this list, I think you'd see merit and find enjoyment in the others.

Ed

I was watching 'beat the internet with Jon Robbins'. Part of the show is where the contestant's recent search history is revealed. Jon said about a contestant that that's the healthiest search history I've seen
That made me think that some people don't care to be healthy, unless someone is depressed or has other health issues I think everyone should try and be healthy.
Since actress's are now called actors, I wonder if the chaser the governess on UK's the chase will have her name changed to the governor.

MARKS and Spencer has given staff pronoun badges so customers know how to address them as part of a diversity and inclusivity initiative:-

M&S gives staff pronoun badges so customers know how to address them | UK | News | Express.co.uk

I like ...

Чебурашка ( Cheburashka )
Трое из Простоквашино ( 3 from Prostokvashino )

Is it fine if I can include a movie plz ?

This got me thinking about the very first shows I remember watching and liking. Puppet shows were big at the time. These shows were made in the 50's and I was watching them in the early 60's. One was Kukla, Fran and Ollie.

cb6294d56cce63faadaf29190029b590.jpg

Another was Beany and Cecil.

image.jpg

I guess I was not alone. I found this on wiki:

"Albert Einstein was a fan of the show. On one occasion, the physicist interrupted a high-level conference by announcing, "You will have to excuse me, gentlemen. It's Time for Beany."[8] Musician and composer Frank Zappa was also a fan,[9] as were Curly Howard, Groucho Marx and Brian Wilson."

:D

Mama's Family
Friends
Beverly hillbillies
BigBangTheory
Kids Incorporated
I Love Lucy/ Lucy Show
Cosby Show
Snl
Mad tv
that 70's show
What's Happening
Sanford and son
the Jeffersons
All in the family
the puzzle place (for my fellow 90's kid show friends!) i'm team Sky!
Under the Umbrella Tree
Welcome to Pooh corner/ dumbo circus
goof troop
Duck Tales
the Gummy Bears
The Care Bears! ooooh my goodness so many memories!

oh awesome, I haven't seen a lot of other Sense8 fans. :) I'm a Star Trek addict- TNG and Voyager most often. I also like Forensic Files and all the various versions of it. Evil Lives Here and Signs of a Psychopath. I like all the detective/crime shows. That said, I loved Atypical and was deeply hurt when it ended.

I have a lot of favorites. Series that I do regular re-viewings of are: Doctor Who 60's + 70's (Doctors 1-4) with 80's and 2005-2013 less so, Red Dwarf, Batman (1966 series), original series Lost in Space, Sapphire & Steel, original series Tomorrow People, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Sky TV Discworld productions, The Wild Wild West, Poirot, Jeeves & Wooster (the 1990 Fry & Laurie series), Wodehouse Playhouse (John Alderton and Pauline Collins), Rocky and His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show, Linus the Lionhearted (another 60's cartoon), Beany & Cecil Show (although I also like the few above mentioned "Time for Beanie" episodes I have seen, original series Twilight Zone, Monty Python, Twin Peaks, The Prisoner, Gerry Anderson's UFO, Randall and Hopkirk Deceased, The Banana Splits, H.R. Pufnstuf, Timeslip, Young Ones, Ace of Wands, Catweazel, and quite a few other US and UK classics. There are also quite a few other classic 60's and 70's cartoon series and a lot of classic 60's through 80's anime I like a lot as well.

I do watch and enjoy modern shows and a lot of documentaries, but without the passionate regular re-viewings. I usually prefer the better written sci-fi and fantasy, as you can probably guess from the above favorites, but it just depends on the quality of writing in each series. I'm currently streaming Wallander with Kenneth Branagh, so there is quite a bit of subject variation. I really enjoy 70's Sesame Street and the original series of The Electric Company along with a lot of 60's, 70's and 80's classic commercials and I really dig old shows with the original commercials in them. In the early 1990's my old friends and I would take acid every weekend and watch a lot of 60's and 70's shows with the commercials, old music videos and that type of stuff, as well as very select groupings of the above mentioned TV series, among others. We all had a real blast re-living our childhoods through adult eyes which never really went away for me.

sesame street calliou clifford the big red dog rugrsts arthure wimzie house blue clues and many other kids shows

Scene for scene, Breaking Bad is probably the most consistent and satisfying that I've seen.

I also love Deadwood for it's characters and language. Each character was very distinct, with their own way of talking. A very intelligent, articulate show.

And, of course, Lost. Some scenes could be cut and the dialogue isn't always the best, but it was very moving and heartfelt.

There are others, but these really stick with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom