• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite TV Shows?

whalewhalewhale

I love tv shows. If anyone really likes a show and I've watched it (I'll include a list below) feel free to message me and we can talk about it.
Shows I'm up-to-date on: (in a-z order not counting The as a word i.e The Office starts with "O")
  • The 100
  • 3%
  • The 4400
  • American Vandal
  • Arrested Development
  • Atypical
  • Bates Motel
  • Better call Saul
  • Big Mouth
  • Biohackers
  • Blacklist
  • Blood and Water
  • Bojack Horseman
  • Bob's Burgers
  • Bonding
  • Breaking Bad
  • Brooklyn 99
  • Chuck
  • Cobra Kai
  • Community (Almost Done)
  • Cursed
  • DARK
  • Dear White People
  • Dexter
  • Disenchantment
  • Disjointed
  • Everything Sucks
  • F is for family
  • The Fosters
  • F.R.I.E.N.D.S
  • Friends From College
  • Freud
  • Gentefield
  • Girlboss
  • Glee
  • Good Trouble
  • Grace and Frankie
  • How To Get Away With Murder
  • How to Sell Drugs Online Fast
  • Humans
  • It's Always Sunny In Phillidelphia
  • In The Dark
  • It's Bruno
  • Jane The Virgin
  • The Kominsky Method
  • Lucifer
  • Making a Murderer
  • Mindhunter
  • Mr Iglesias
  • New Girl
  • Norsemen
  • The Office
  • On my block
  • Orange is the new Black
  • Paradise PD
  • Parks and Recreation
  • The Politician
  • The Queen’s Gambit
  • Queer Eye
  • The Ranch
  • Red Oaks
  • Rick and Morty
  • Russian Doll
  • Sense8
  • Schitt's Creek
  • Shameless
  • Sherlock
  • Stranger Things
  • That 70’s show
  • Trinkets
  • The Umbrella Academy
  • Warrior Nun
  • What We Do In The Shadows
  • Workin Moms

I keep seeing 'The 100' mentioned. I like Sci-Fi and should give it a try.

Star Trek (original series)
Doctor Who
F-Troop
The Walking Dead

I'm supposed to be trying to fall asleep, but had to come back on to thank Victor R for the employment barriers survey, so... in no particular order, unless otherwise stated:
Law & Order: SVU is top of my list.
Rest of Law & Order franchise (well, most of) comes next.
Umm... ST: TNG, of course, followed by ST:Voyager.
ST: Picard ended up pretty good. Season 2 should be interesting.
FBI, and FBI: Most Wanted
NCIS, and NCIS: NOLA
Masterchef US, (except season 10), Canada, and Jr. Especially if they ever come back on. (Though I guess the Canada one finally us in 2 weeks, theoretically)
Umm... yeah, cop shows in general, usually.
Medical shows sometimes , though nothing current.
Dark Angel
Mutant X
Lost Letter Mysteries
... can't even think, there's so little on most of the time lately.
Oh, Hudson & Rex
Ransom
Good Witch!!
JAG
All things Catherine Bell
[End of memory file] ;)

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-17_3-26-19.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-17_3-26-19.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 144
I've seen lots of tv shows (may add more on later), so:

-13 reasons why
-Arrow
-A series of unfortunate events
-The Americans
-The big bang theory
-Cheers
-Criminal minds (still watching)
-The crown (first two seasons)
-Chernobyl
-Chopped
-Cursed
-D.C.'s legends of tomorrow
-Dexter
-F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (all time favorite)
-The flash
-The Good Place
-Game of thrones
-Gilmore Girls
-Gotham (Currently watching)
-How the earth was made
-iCarly
-life after people
-locke & key
-lucifer
-life below zero
-My little pony (six seasons)
-Modern family
-Naked and afraid
-The middle
-The originals
-The politician
-Unbreakable kimmy schmidt
-Supernatural
-Supergirl
-Stranger things
-Station 19
-Steven Universe (haven't seen past season 2 yet)
-The Vampire Diaries
-Young Sheldon

Last edited:
I was watching an episode of 'Gogglebox' <i>Gogglebox</i> and the programme's viewers were watching and commentating on tv show university challenge.
<i>University Challenge</i>
The viewers on Gogglebox were making comments like University Challenges contestants are too clever and that they are annoying. Do you think jealousy could be an explanation?

I tend to 'stick to what I know' and don't really watch a lot of new series, I'll usually just re-visit older ones. My top show is Doctor Who, I listen to new stories of the classic series in audio form which is a nice mix of new and old. Red Dwarf is also very high up on my list of best shows.

• A Bit of Fry and Laurie
  • Absolutely Fabulous
  • Alexei Sayle (He did a few shows)
  • ‘Allo ‘Allo!
  • Angel
  • Are You Being Served?
  • Ash vs Evil Dead
  • Blackadder
  • Bottom
  • The Brittas Empire
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Catterick
  • The Comic Strip Presents…
  • The Detectives
  • Doctor Who (mainly classic, don’t like what they’ve done with it now)
  • Father Ted
  • Fawlty Towers
  • French and Saunders
  • Gimme Gimme Gimme
  • Goodness Gracious Me
  • Hammer House of Horror
  • Harry Enfield and Chums
  • Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
  • Inside No. 9
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • The League of Gentlemen
  • Let Them Eat Cake
  • Maid Marion and Her Merry Men (one of the best kids shows ever, recently binge-watched it all)
  • Mike and Angelo (Another superb kids show)
  • Monty Python’s Flying Circus
  • Mr Bean
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000
  • Not the 9 O’Clock News
  • One Foot in the Grave
  • Psychoville
  • Quantum Leap
  • Rab C. Nesbitt
  • Red Dwarf
  • Sapphire and Steel
  • Shooting Stars
  • Spitting Image
  • Stargate (except for the last series)
  • Star Trek (not the last series)
  • The Strangerers
  • The Thin Blue Line
  • The Two Ronnies
  • The Vicar of Dibley
  • Xena: Warrior Princess
  • The Young Ones

I used to like watching a lot of those shows, but I haven't seen Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Angel, Catterick, Let them eat cake, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Psychoville, Stargate or sapphire and steel. And I have seen 'Bottom' with Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson from the young ones. I've seen the Sophie Aldred/Ace episodes of Dr Who and a couple episodes with the current doctor.

Father ted (channel four -uk)
Ellery Queen (nbc)(1975)
Murder She wrote (1984)

I have played both murder she wrote PC games and completed with friends murder she wrote jigsaw puzzles

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 146
  • images(1).jpg
    images(1).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 153
  • images(2).jpg
    images(2).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 135
I used to like watching a lot of those shows, but I haven't seen Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Angel, Catterick, Let them eat cake, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Psychoville, Stargate or sapphire and steel. And I have seen 'Bottom' with Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson from the young ones. I've seen the Sophie Aldred/Ace episodes of Dr Who and a couple episodes with the current doctor.

I think part of what I love about these shows is that a lot of them link up in some way, for instance, Hercules was a counterpart to Xena, as Angel was to Buffy. Catterick starred the guys from Shooting Stars (Reeves, Mortimer and Lucas). It also starred Reece Shearsmith from the League of Gentlemen. Psychoville was one of Shearsmith’s series (along with League of Gentleman and Inside No. 9). Let Them Eat Cake starred French and Saunders, bringing them back together after they had started their independent projects (Absolutely Fabulous/Vicar of Dibley). Sapphire and Steel starred Joanna Lumley from Absolutely Fabulous. I recently rewatched Sapphire and Steel, it's such a creepy, yet intriguing series, I wish they made more episodes.

Ace is definitely one of my favourite companions, her and Sylvester McCoy's Doctor got a lot more character development in the audios though.

Rik Mayall definitely had a big influence on me from childhood, I've seen pretty much everything he's been in.

I've seen League of Gentlemen but prefer inside no 9. I've never listened to the audios for Ace and Sylvester McCoy's Doctor I would like to.

I can't really think of all of my favourite TV shows, but new(er) shows I really enjoyed from the past few years or so are:

• The Boys
• Invincible
• The OA
• Sharp Objects (mini series)
• Watchmen (mini series)

These shows are not necessarily my favourite, but I found some things said about class interesting, on these shows. In UK Gogglebox, someone said I never had a violin, I played triangle.
On Have I Got News For You, the presenter joked about how middle class people shop at Waitrose. (One of my friends who is a building site worker and who doesn't consider himself working class has been to Waitrose)
On police interceptors, the narrator said how middle-class class is this excuse for speeding, my child was late for their music lesson.

Last edited:
I was watching 'beat the internet with Jon Robbins'. Part of the show is where the contestant's recent search history is revealed. Jon said about a contestant that that's the healthiest search history I've seen
That made me think that some people don't care to be healthy, unless someone is depressed or has other health issues I think everyone should try and be healthy.
Since actress's are now called actors, I wonder if the chaser the governess on UK's the chase will have her name changed to the governor.

Lip sync battle but only on late night with Jimmy Fallon or where a woman is dressed as a woman and a man as a man

I like Star Trek Voyager. It's the most scientific and serious out of all the series, and I love how they all are one big family. There's a lot less interpersonal conflict than in the other series.

And you can't beat the Captain Proton episodes!

Captain_Proton_Peril_From_Planet_X-Joe_Boulden-Lithograph-trampt-36946o.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom