• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite junk foods!

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Most people will, at some point in their lives, crave food that they know is not exactly healthy. This thread is a dedication to those moments.

My favorite junk food is buffalo wings. I prefer savory and spicy flavors over sweet.

I also sometimes crave hot links with mac n’ cheese.

What horribly unhealthy foods do you sometimes crave?

Maybe we need a definition of "junk food". I don't consider buffalo wings, hot links (I assume you mean sausage), or mac n' cheese to necessarily be junk foods. All of those things contain vitamins and protein. To me, PopTarts, Hershey's chocolate bars, candies and pastries, sugary soft drinks, potato chips, and things that lack significant nutrition and protein constitute junk food. The so-called "empty calories" category of food.

I sometimes crave potato chips, preferably barbeque flavor, because I like salt. I eat them without guilt because I so rarely eat them.

Maybe we need a definition of "junk food". I don't consider buffalo wings, hot links (I assume you mean sausage), or mac n' cheese to necessarily be junk foods. All of those things contain vitamins and protein. To me, PopTarts, Hershey's chocolate bars, candies and pastries, sugary soft drinks, potato chips, and things that lack significant nutrition and protein constitute junk food. The so-called "empty calories" category of food.

I sometimes crave potato chips, preferably barbeque flavor, because I like salt. I eat them without guilt because I so rarely eat them.

Yeah, you do have a point. I consider my choices to be junk food due to high fat and salt content, two factors I should be avoiding.

I seem to live off junk food. Although - right now, my jaw is forcing me to eating healthy and soft foods. Probably a good thing.

I tend to prefer sweet over savoury.

Ed

Yeah, you do have a point. I consider my choices to be junk food due to high fat and salt content, two factors I should be avoiding.

Yeah, I see why you call them junk food. Now I'm craving buffalo wings and its nearly 2:30 a.m. here and I have insomnia! I make my own buffalo wings by oven roasting them, not frying them, so there is no added fat.

I'm like you - I love salt and really don't care for sweets.

I seem to live off junk food. Although - right now, my jaw is forcing me to eating healthy and soft foods. Probably a good thing.

I tend to prefer sweet over savoury.

Ed

That's awful, Ed. Wish I could cook for you. Mashed potatoes, soups with soft meats and veggies that don't require much chewing, soft rice dishes, and things like that.

Savoury snacks ideally, but I can also get caught in that savoury sweet cycle that ends only in satiation and slumber. I like crisps, also Cadburys chocolate. There's some super nice tortillas I like at present, they are hexagonal and have honey and chilli in the flavours, but I can just have a few. Also cheesy Doritos, mmm.

Savoury snacks ideally, but I can also get caught in that savoury sweet cycle that ends only in satiation and slumber. I like crisps, also Cadburys chocolate. There's some super nice tortillas I like at present, they are hexagonal and have honey and chilli in the flavours, but I can just have a few. Also cheesy Doritos, mmm.

I love cheese. I just ate a chunk of sharp cheddar because I can't get buffalo wings out of my mind.

There's no calories in craving over the Internet... apart from the compensatory snacking on everything else in the house, maybe... But it's breakfast time here hurrah!

There's no calories in craving over the Internet... apart from the compensatory snacking on everything else in the house, maybe... But it's breakfast time here hurrah!

My compensatory snacking and rooting through the refrigerator at 3:00 a.m. are contributing to my Covid-19 pound weight increase. (just kidding, I've gained only about 5 pounds but my sleep patterns are increasingly erratic).

Potato chips mainly. I haven't eaten food from a fast food restaurant like McDonald's in many years. I do have a sweet tooth too unfortunately so chocolate candy is hard for me to resist.

Crisps! So, I only endulge once in a while.

When I think about it deeply, what is junk food? It has to be the oils used and the added ingrediants that are not natural. Probably, to my way of thinking: macdonalds is the embodiment of junk food.

Give me Nachos, or give me death! :cool:

Ok, that's a bit overstated. In the absence of nachos, I'll take peanut M&Ms. Stat ! :p

New Threads

Top Bottom