• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you live in a similar situation to mine?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not exactly.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

carbon12

Utterly obssessed/uninterested
The name is Karol, (+one martini please, shaken, not stirred) and I am 14 years old. I speak 4 languages and I wish to learn more. I want to study science or mathematics, or perhaps also programming. My favorite books are about quantum mechanics and science in general (that means that I understand Sheldon Cooper's jokes, ha).
I am bisexual (and nobody knows), atheist, and formerly with AS, reason why I've been called freak, and creep and many other insults.
I like reading and training my dog. I learned all the Periodic Table and raps, so that I could practice pronunciation (ha ha, that was my idea).
I don't like orange. My favorite numbers are 47 and 17. I collect rocks, and I also learned all the formulas to create them.
I've got just a friend, because I don't consider any of my classmates a good friend for me, so I just respect them, sometimes talk to them, but they definitely aren't my friends.
I don't know the name of my phobia, the fear of a song. Everytime I hear it, I escape, I can't control myself, just like misophonia. I don't like claps or people shouting.
For adapting my new school, I just imitate them. If they laugh, I laugh. If they go somewhere, I go there. I hate doing this, but my mother told me to do so.
And that's all the basics for knowing Karol. Hope you don't call me weirdo later. (and now the faces I don't understand)o_O:oops::rolleyes::p:confused:;):weary::unamused::triumph::tonguewink::tongueout::tongueclosed::tired::sweat::sweatsmile::mask::pensive::relieved::smirkcat::smirk:(-The **** man, what do they mean when you send them to me!)

I'm not really a math oriented person, myself. I also am a christian. But that's what makes it great, that this community has all sorts of people!

I think you'll find this is a very nice and we'll moderated community. We have other teenagers here (I'm 17, but that's still quite a bit older, I think) and people well into their 70s. All sorts of age groups, I suppose is what I'm saying.

Go ahead and make yourself at home!

Welcome aboard :)
For your welcome art, no orange.
image.jpg

carbon12

(and now the faces I don't understand)o_O:oops::rolleyes::p:confused:;):weary::unamused::triumph::tonguewink::tongueout::tongueclosed::tired::sweat::sweatsmile::mask::pensive::relieved::smirkcat::smirk:
(-The **** man, what do they mean when you send them to me!)

Are you asking what people mean by the various smileys, when they use them?
Or are you making a joke based on the idea that aspies frequently don't read facial
expressions easily?

Interesting this - I've often struggled with many of the smilies as I don't know what they're supposed to mean..

carbon12, I can only say welcome, enjoy your stay.. and over time you may learn some of them (When you do, tell me please ;))

carbon12

(and now the faces I don't understand)o_O:oops::rolleyes::p:confused:;):weary::unamused::triumph::tonguewink::tongueout::tongueclosed::tired::sweat::sweatsmile::mask::pensive::relieved::smirkcat::smirk:
(-The **** man, what do they mean when you send them to me!)

Are you asking what people mean by the various smileys, when they use them?
Or are you making a joke based on the idea that aspies frequently don't read facial
expressions easily?
Well, I don't understand them...I... let's say it's a joke.

o_O This is my favorite one! To me it's like a quizzical look, one squinted eye, like Forrest Whittaker.
:oops: This one seems like it can change with context to represent
Shy, bashful, embarrassed, shame, concern, worry
:rolleyes: This is roll eyes, or can be use for looking up, at above post or message
:p Playful smile with tongue out, like blowing raspberries, friendly teasing, goofiness
:confused: Speechless, confused, confounded, bewildered, shocked, unsure, uncertain
;) Wink. Agree, sly, friendly acknowledgement, knowing wink
:tired: Sad, crying, whining, moan
:unamused: Not sure on this one, maybe indifferent, annoyed, unwell, ill
:triumph: Mad, looks like wind blowing out of nose, possibly sneeze?
:tonguewink::tongueout: Silly, playful, goofy, intoxicated? Fun
:tongueclosed: Laughing
:sweat: Perspiring, sweat, sad, crying?
:sweatsmile: Laughing with tears?
:mask: Sick, doctor, ill, illness
:pensive: Sad, regret, shame
:smirkcat: What? Mad, annoyed, irritated
:smirk: Sly, knowing, skeptical?

o_O This is my favorite one! To me it's like a quizzical look, one squinted eye, like Forrest Whittaker.
:oops: This one seems like it can change with context to represent
Shy, bashful, embarrassed, shame, concern, worry
:rolleyes: This is roll eyes, or can be use for looking up, at above post or message
:p Playful smile with tongue out, like blowing raspberries, friendly teasing, goofiness
:confused: Speechless, confused, confounded, bewildered, shocked, unsure, uncertain
;) Wink. Agree, sly, friendly acknowledgement, knowing wink
:tired: Sad, crying, whining, moan
:unamused: Not sure on this one, maybe indifferent, annoyed, unwell, ill
:triumph: Mad, looks like wind blowing out of nose, possibly sneeze?
:tonguewink::tongueout: Silly, playful, goofy, intoxicated? Fun
:tongueclosed: Laughing
:sweat: Perspiring, sweat, sad, crying?
:sweatsmile: Laughing with tears?
:mask: Sick, doctor, ill, illness
:pensive: Sad, regret, shame
:smirkcat: What? Mad, annoyed, irritated
:smirk: Sly, knowing, skeptical?
Wow, thank you man, I didn't know it meant all of that...you really helped me...Now I have to memorize them so that I don't miss any of those.

Welcome to the forum, Carbon12 / Karol.
I needed that explaination of the smileys, too, so you've already done fine work here :)

New Threads

Top Bottom