• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dream Car

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
I love the muscle cars and sometimes cars not considered muscle cars. I am not into the European super cars so much. With that being said here is my dream car.

OIP.WIjsZ53mK9zeW-hva6E_BAHaFj

I love the muscle cars and sometimes cars not considered muscle cars. I am not into the European super cars so much. With that being said here is my dream car.

OIP.WIjsZ53mK9zeW-hva6E_BAHaFj
My first car was a 65 Buick skylark convertible in creamy yellow & white interior.

Later on I had access to a 69 Camaro SS. What a joy!!!

I now drive an old dent collector with quarter panels held in place with shoelaces :'(

Video games got me into cars. Gran Turismo 1 and 2 on Playstation one. However, I have never been that interested in "end game" on video games. Of course, in car games that's where you have your supercars.

But on GT you start off with cheap, second hand cars that you gradually make faster.

I've owned 3 of these, and it's the most fun driving I've ever had. Small, light, nimble, firm ride and handles corners with confidence.

FORDPuma-2637_3.jpg

So I suppose my dream car would be the Ford Racing Puma variant which had more power, a wide body kit, Sparco seats, and came in only one colour...

ford-321212338302191600x1060_0.jpg

Then Ford released the Puma again, and turned it into a mini SUV.

Unforgiveable.

Ed

My first car was a 65 Buick skylark convertible in creamy yellow & white interior.

I now drive an old dent collector with quarter panels held in place with shoelaces :'(

I have not been so lucky in life oldest car I have driven is a 1986 Chevy cavalier. Sad I know.

Video games got me into cars. Gran Turismo 1 and 2 on Playstation one. However, I have never been that interested in "end game" on video games. Of course, in car games that's where you have your supercars.

But on GT you start off with cheap, second hand cars that you gradually make faster.

I've owned 3 of these, and it's the most fun driving I've ever had. Small, light, nimble, firm ride and handles corners with confidence.

View attachment 69560

So I suppose my dream car would be the Ford Racing Puma variant which had more power, a wide body kit, Sparco seats, and came in only one colour...

View attachment 69561

Then Ford released the Puma again, and turned it into a mini SUV.

Unforgiveable.

Ed

Loved GT2

I've owned and built quite a few musclecars, but have always wanted one of these:

1941-willys-coupe.jpg

A 1941 Willys Americar coupe

While the 1965 Chevrolet Impala was a favorite of mine since the first time I saw one in 1965, I have never owned one.
I do however still own her younger prettier sister :p
33036_92be8314c9c6ca638a0399ce64563fa3.jpg

My 1966 Chevrolet Caprice

scan0001.jpg

Parked on Pit Row of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway after driving it on the track :cool:

Oh, don't get me started on cars,...:D

My all-time favorite muscle car, simply because it looks so darn cool is the 1969 Mustang Mach 1 with the 428 Super Cobra Jet engine, shaker hood scoop, Drag Pack.

My all-time favorite electric car is the 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid,...the fastest production car ever,...and it's a 4-door luxury sedan,...not even a sports car. Still waiting for Elon to release the Kraken,...the SpaceX version of the Tesla Roadster,...0-60 in 1 second,...SpaceX air rockets on it,...crazy,...and I can't wait.

I grew up around drag strips. My father raced a 1965 GTO,...he ran cheater slicks on the street. I can remember I was just a toddler,...in the back seat (no seat belts) and being slammed into the seat hard when he launched,...laughing and giggling,...more,...more daddy,...more.:D He was a mechanic and body man at the local Ford dealership, eventually working his way up to manager. I was around cars my whole life. I built and raced a 1989 Mustang on the road race track, first starting out with SCCA autocross events and later to a couple of seasons of American Iron.

I love the smell of race fuel. I love nitro-methane, as well, even though it clears out my sinuses.

Frankly, I love the sound of a big turbo, a big blower, the snap-crackle-pop of a big cam,...even the scream of a set of high-powered electric motors. If it goes fast, hooks and snaps your head back,...scares me,...I'm all in. Nothing better on a warm summer night, driving the strip,...and you hear something that sounds like a thunderstorm rolling in,...nope,...someone's got some poke'd and stroke'd big block with a massive twin-screw on it,...a real street machine. You can see the heat waves coming off of it,...and rocking those big fat tires,...awesome.
1965-Pontiac-GTO-Convertible.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Oh, don't get me started on cars,...:D

My all-time favorite muscle car, simply because it looks so darn cool is the 1969 Mustang Mach 1 with the 428 Super Cobra Jet engine, shaker hood scoop, Drag Pack.

My all-time favorite electric car is the 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid,...the fastest production car ever,...and it's a 4-door luxury sedan,...not even a sports car. Still waiting for Elon to release the Kraken,...the SpaceX version of the Tesla Roadster,...0-60 in 1 second,...SpaceX air rockets on it,...crazy,...and I can't wait.

I grew up around drag strips. My father raced a 1965 GTO,...he ran cheater slicks on the street. I can remember I was just a toddler,...in the back seat (no seat belts) and being slammed into the seat hard when he launched,...laughing and giggling,...more,...more daddy,...more.:D He was a mechanic and body man at the local Ford dealership, eventually working his way up to manager. I was around cars my whole life. I built and raced a 1989 Mustang on the road race track, first starting out with SCCA autocross events and later to a couple of seasons of American Iron.

I love the smell of race fuel. I love nitro-methane, as well, even though it clears out my sinuses.

Frankly, I love the sound of a big turbo, a big blower, the snap-crackle-pop of a big cam,...even the scream of a set of high-powered electric motors. If it goes fast, hooks and snaps your head back,...scares me,...I'm all in. Nothing better on a warm summer night, driving the strip,...and you hear something that sounds like a thunderstorm rolling in,...nope,...someone's got some poke'd and stroke'd big block with a massive twin-screw on it,...a real street machine. You can see the heat waves coming off of it,...and rocking those big fat tires,...awesome.View attachment 69571
Either bring at least 7 liters to the table, or stay on the porch with the pups :p

Well my All-time Fav is the 69' Charger but I could not afford that in my wildest dreams which is why I choose the Javelin as my dream car that is attainable eventually depends on where the world is going with these electric cars which I am not fond of nothing beats a screamin throaty v-8.

I used to run a bumped up 455 in a '72 GTO ragtop that was nothing to sneeze at.
It would trash a pair of Sticky Mickey M-50-14 rear tires in about 2000 miles. Once you broke the tires loose, it had enough grunt to keep them spinning by rolling in and out of the throttle.
The only ride that ever took it down on the street was a 427 Shelby Cobra. I remember telling my girlfriend that if it was a 289 Cobra I could take it, but after the launch all we saw were the tail lights getting smaller :D
I remember the night a brand new '82 Rustang 5.0 so slow HO pulled up along side of me. The driver in his mid 30s was racing the hell out of his engine and wanted to run. The kid with him wanted him to run too. Me, a 22 year old punk that had been playing stop light Grand Prix since I was 17 toyed with him out of two lights, teasing him into thinking he could beat my ride. He was pounding the piss out of that new ride trying to impress me.
All I was doing was taking a lazy cruise on a hot summer night. When you run a modified machine, you expect to break stuff when you beat on them so pounding on them with generally sort out the weak parts and make you call a tow truck, so if there wasn't money involved I never pushed them :p
They were super excited because they just beat some old goat twice. At the third light, I started reading the light and brake stood it up against the hi-stall torque converter to launch revs. After it hooked up, I let it out to the shift point, then popped it into second gear and did it again. I put so much distance between us, I never put it in drive and slid it into neutral and coasted to the next light. When he finally caught up to me at the next light, they wouldn't even look at me.
Imagine that, huh? :p

One of my most memorable street rides was a '68 Formula S Barracuda that turned consistent 11.29s on slicks in the quarter mile.
It sported a 383 with factory solid lifters, a 4 gear with a Hurst competition plus shifter and a spooled Dana 60 third member with 5.13 gears in it.
It was stupid quick on the street.
Running the spool on the street gave it an expensive tire habit too :p

Don't cry, they are still around :p
I had a '69 Indy Pacecar replica in '79

1606851258967-c3d72bad-ba8a-4e85-9b5f-ef90ea5594d6.jpg

There was once a '67 RS in my stable, a '68 Firebird Formula 400 and a '70 RS split bumper there too :p

New Threads

Top Bottom