• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello! I have 2 grandsons who have recently been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Their mother, who is my daughter, is considered Aspergers and I know I am Aspergers too but have not been diagnosed because my therapist told me, "well, what's another label going to do? I don't like labels." So, I have not been formally diagnosed. I would like to know where I can obtain the tests that "AspiAngie" took. I will write more later when I feel more at ease. Thank you.
Hello, and welcome! Certainly take your time settling in and let us know if you need help finding your way around the forum. Unfortunately, I don’t know where AspiAngie got that test, but I think others here do. A good amount of people do not watch this thread too closely, so you could also consider posting about it on your own thread. It’s good to have you here.

I am completely new here. I am hesitant to join a community in case there are a lot of requirements for being active, as I am not good with that. But I wanted to join because only a month ago a man who has the same disease (Chronic Kidney Disease) as I do, but works with Autistic Adults, asked me if I was Autistic. I told him now that I know of, but I am Dyslexic. He told me that I write exactly like a few Autistic Adults he works with, so that got me curious. I found Autistic Tests online, but knowing the internet, I wanted a valid one. Found out that valid ones won't diagnose you but will tell you if there is a high chance that you are, so you know to seek a diagnosis. So that is what I did. I took 2 to confirm that it wasn't a fluke, and both said I had a very high chance. I answered as honestly as I possibly could, even though my memory isn't the best sometimes.

Online test said that my The Adult Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) was 44/50 (Adult - Autism Canada)

My AQ-10 score was 10 (43.0 on The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ))

And another one I did, said I was likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie) 152 of 200:View attachment 95549
I just took 2 tests, and here are the results: Test #1 https://aspietests.org/aq/questions.php This test, which I took twice, stated that I scored 43.0 and the AQ-10 is 7.0. Test #2 Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) stated that my score was 41 out of a possible 50.

Does anyone know what my scores mean?

Attachments

• 2023-03-13-00-30-34-https-aspietests-org-aq-questions-php.png
    2023-03-13-00-30-34-https-aspietests-org-aq-questions-php.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 2023-03-13-00-34-54-https-psychology-tools-com-test-autism-spectrum-quotient-score.png
    2023-03-13-00-34-54-https-psychology-tools-com-test-autism-spectrum-quotient-score.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 50
I just took 2 tests, and here are the results: Test #1 https://aspietests.org/aq/questions.php This test, which I took twice, stated that I scored 43.0 and the AQ-10 is 7.0. Test #2 Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) stated that my score was 41 out of a possible 50.

Does anyone know what my scores mean?

They suggest that you may be on the spectrum. I say may since any diagnosis (or self-identification, for that matter) should take a variety of things into account holistically. That being said, as the saying goes "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" and so where one has neurodiverse family members, there are likely bound to be more.

hello everyone.
im an asexual trans woman who is yet to be diagnosed, but the paper work is in.

i didn't realize i was autistic till i had a burn out and now im more autistic than ever.

after talking to those around me, 90 % replied with "oh, that makes sense" and the rest replied with "oh, i thought you were already diagnosed" (shows how oblivious i was)

i have questions.

thanx.

hello everyone.
im an asexual trans woman who is yet to be diagnosed, but the paper work is in.

i didn't realize i was autistic till i had a burn out and now im more autistic than ever.

after talking to those around me, 90 % replied with "oh, that makes sense" and the rest replied with "oh, i thought you were already diagnosed" (shows how oblivious i was)

i have questions.

thanx.
Hello and welcome! Questions are quite welcome here. Glad you found us. Let us know if you need help navigating the forum.

Hello everyone, how's it going?
I probably have asperger's, no diagnosis but my late father was most certainly autistic (more severe case) so i can relate.
Btw. is anyone from Serbia here?

Hello everyone, how's it going?
I probably have asperger's, no diagnosis but my late father was most certainly autistic (more severe case) so i can relate.
Btw. is anyone from Serbia here?
Zdravo! Not a Serb, but I lived there for a year when I was in Belgrade on exchange.

Hi everyone.
I'm pretty sure I have Asperger's (self-diagnosed).
I scored a 193 on the RAADS-R and 142/200 on the Aspie quiz.
This forum gives me a sense of community.

Thank you for having me here.

Hello, nice to meet you all. I'm a very shy person so I tend to keep a lot of info to myself. I am a young adult male. I hope to learn more about other people with autism and how they cope with it.

P.S.
Sorry if this comes off as rude, it is not intended that way.

Hello, nice to meet you all. I'm a very shy person so I tend to keep a lot of info to myself. I am a young adult male. I hope to learn more about other people with autism and how they cope with it.

P.S.
Hello. I'm shy too.
Welcome to the forums :)

P.S.

Not rude at all! Very relatable to many here. Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here!

P.S.
Hello and welcome. I hope you find many of the answers that you seek here. I know that I have learned so much from all the different members’ perspectives here and some really useful advice, too. Glad you have found us!

Hi, my name is Nick, I'm 21 years old and was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as a child. I've had a very difficult time in the last few years and have struggled with depression and burn-out :/. I'm currently trying to work my way up again. As part of this process, I have joined this forum to get in touch with like-minded people, exchange ideas and gain new perspectives :) Thank you for this forum and I look forward to getting in touch with you all :)

Hi, my name is Nick, I'm 21 years old and was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as a child. I've had a very difficult time in the last few years and have struggled with depression and burn-out :/. I'm currently trying to work my way up again. As part of this process, I have joined this forum to get in touch with like-minded people, exchange ideas and gain new perspectives :) Thank you for this forum and I look forward to getting in touch with you all :)
Hi Nick and welcome. I hope that we can help you with the climb back up. I think what you’ve written already will resonate with many here, including myself. Let us know if you need any help figuring out the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom