• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi! My name is Robin, and I am the mother of a 4-year-old on the spectrum. I have come across this site a few times in my research, and I hope to find some answers/suggestions on how to help my son (and me) work through some difficult transitions. My son is a pretty well-behaved kiddo, but we will occasionally have problems with small things. For example, he rides the bus to preschool (we are in the U.S.), but this morning a little girl was in the seat he normally uses. He had a complete meltdown until the bus driver moved the little girl to another seat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help my son cope with not always getting his way (for lack of a better phrase)?
Hi. Welcome. Have you seen the parenting section?

I'm new here but middle-age, per the heavens rotating about. I hope to have better conversations and much better luck just being human here compared to most elsewhere on the internet. I'll probably talk about space, music, movies and such more than anything.

I'm new here but middle-age, per the heavens rotating about. I hope to have better conversations and much better luck just being human here compared to most elsewhere on the internet. I'll probably talk about space, music, movies and such more than anything.
Hello !

Everyone look at me!

Female, millennial, insufferable and entitled digital native. Officially diagnosed a long time ago. I'm impossibly shy in real life, to the brink of mutism. Hello there.

Everyone look at me!

Female, millennial, insufferable and entitled digital native. Officially diagnosed a long time ago. I'm impossibly shy in real life, to the brink of mutism. Hello there.

Hello and welcome! It’s so interesting how many of us choose not to speak much in real life, but find plenty to say here, in written form. Hope you like it here.

I am completely new here. I am hesitant to join a community in case there are a lot of requirements for being active, as I am not good with that. But I wanted to join because only a month ago a man who has the same disease (Chronic Kidney Disease) as I do, but works with Autistic Adults, asked me if I was Autistic. I told him now that I know of, but I am Dyslexic. He told me that I write exactly like a few Autistic Adults he works with, so that got me curious. I found Autistic Tests online, but knowing the internet, I wanted a valid one. Found out that valid ones won't diagnose you but will tell you if there is a high chance that you are, so you know to seek a diagnosis. So that is what I did. I took 2 to confirm that it wasn't a fluke, and both said I had a very high chance. I answered as honestly as I possibly could, even though my memory isn't the best sometimes.

Online test said that my The Adult Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) was 44/50 (Adult - Autism Canada)

My AQ-10 score was 10 (43.0 on The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ))

And another one I did, said I was likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie) 152 of 200:
rdos_net_results_Jan30th2023poly10a.png

HI @AspiAngie

Welcome to the Forums. Do hang around a bit and see if what we write about resonates with you and your experience of life. We are all different!

I am completely new here. I am hesitant to join a community in case there are a lot of requirements for being active, as I am not good with that. But I wanted to join because only a month ago a man who has the same disease (Chronic Kidney Disease) as I do, but works with Autistic Adults, asked me if I was Autistic. I told him now that I know of, but I am Dyslexic. He told me that I write exactly like a few Autistic Adults he works with, so that got me curious. I found Autistic Tests online, but knowing the internet, I wanted a valid one. Found out that valid ones won't diagnose you but will tell you if there is a high chance that you are, so you know to seek a diagnosis. So that is what I did. I took 2 to confirm that it wasn't a fluke, and both said I had a very high chance. I answered as honestly as I possibly could, even though my memory isn't the best sometimes.

Online test said that my The Adult Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) was 44/50 (Adult - Autism Canada)

My AQ-10 score was 10 (43.0 on The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ))

And another one I did, said I was likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie) 152 of 200:View attachment 95549
Hello and welcome! No requirements for participation - as much or as little as you want. Let us know if you need help finding your way around the forum. Nice to have you here.

Hello. I'm not sure if I belong here because I haven't been officially diagnosed but both my psychologist and my psychiatrist seem to think I could be autistic... and I identify many traits in myself as well

I am a middle aged woman from Portugal. Thank you!
Hello

Hello. I'm not sure if I belong here because I haven't been officially diagnosed but both my psychologist and my psychiatrist seem to think I could be autistic... and I identify many traits in myself as well

I am a middle aged woman from Portugal. Thank you!
Hello and welcome! Lots of us feel like we don’t belong anywhere, but do stick around and see if you like it here!

Hello all. Im new here. Waiting to get to know more people like me. Feeling lonely being as (self-diagnosed) autism spectrum... I hope to have nice and friendly disgussions here about various things.

Greetings,

New here and looking to not feel so alone in my journey. In therapy for help with autism and I'd like to connect with other autistic.

Thank you for reading.

I'm called Milton, I have lived in Leicester for the past two years, which I love (believe it or not) I am originally from London though.
I decided to join this site because I feel I have spent so long modifying my behaviour (trying to fit in) in the past/present that I wanted to feel comfortable in being myself somewhere.

I had an official diagnosis a few years ago which helped me on the road to living life more how I wanted to than for the benefit of others.
My Girl, who is American has recently gone back there because of immigration issues so I had been feeling a little sorry for myself, but obviously I am self - absorbed anyway, certainly according to many people. Of course this is not true, just the view of people who do not understand.
Thanks for the opportunity to join.

New Threads

Top Bottom