• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone wear the same clothes over and over?

yep, been in the same outfit for about 8yrs now, similar prior to that. Always a baseball cap and sunglasses, a snug black crewneck tee, relaxed bootcut jeans, white cotton seamless socks and my Dakota kevlar/composite work boots.. that they no longer make.. wardrobe is drastically larger but I can never pull myself away from comfort, not for trend, style or good fashion sense.. luckily because of preferring snug-fit clothes apparently my comfort style actually looks half decent as long as I haven’t sullied or torn them, common occurrence always jumping elbow deep into mechanical problems, good clothes are nearly non existent past one week of restocking.

I only wear dark colors and don't own any shorts lol. I especially feel uneasy if I don't have a watch on my wrist.

Not really the same clothes, as I have a good variety of things. It's more or less the same style. Sleeveless shirt and shorts. It definitely has to do with sensory, as I feel like I can move more freely, and unlike wearing slacks and anything with sleeves (even a T-shirt or Polo), I don't feel like my clothes weigh me down. Shorts, however, need to be short--7" inseam at the very most. I don't care if it hasn't been a trend for nearly 40 years, it's what "I" like.

This is an autism thing, right? And can anyone relate to it?
This was one of the questions on the autism test. It said something like, "do you wear the same clothes over and over?" When I read that, I thought to myself, I don't wear the same clothes over and over! So I was about to mark never when I looked down and realized I was on day three wearing this new shirt I had bought. It has a pleasing color and pattern, I liked the feel of the shirt and how the fabric lays, and it had a nice smell. I knew that, once it was washed, some of this quality of newness would be ruined. It's the first new shirt I've bought in...two years?

Caveat: I do make sure when re-wearing clothing that there is minimal smell and that I don't wear the same thing around the same people in any given repeat appearance, lest I give folks ammunition for criticism.

I don't wear the same clothes everyday.

Instead I just stick to the one style, tracksuit pants with downward prints and hoodies or regular t-shirts with horizontal prints. I love wearing tracksuit pants that matches the tops as I said before.

I also wear full polyester tracksuits which is something that I mainly wear to swim in since I do not wear shorts of any description unless when I am at work in Summer time.

Well, I do wear a wide variety of clothing over and over. I do not need to go clothes shopping anytime soon. I have my work shirts dry cleaned on a regular basis.

I've been reading this, and yes I stock up when I find something comfortable, that labels can be easily removed. I usually get multiple colors in the same comfort/style.
I have dressed up for evening wear when my life was a little zippier, but as much as a thrill to put on something sensual and quirky, it better not itch... if one thing about it itched, I'd have to edit whatever the culprit was out of the evening. If I found something that was exceptionally comfy I would stock up to the point of hoarding!

Haha, I have a ton of clothes (mostly similar) but I wear the same two or three things over and over again. God forbid anyone tries to throw out the things I don't wear though :tearsofjoy:

I can do, like hoodies etc. I have depression and stay in a lot lately, I lived in my night shirt and leggings, I don't have to change for bed.

I vary my costume a bit now, as it cycles through the laundry, but once, I had a tech job that provided a green uniform. I saw no reason to change at home. Then Halloween came around, and I borrowed jeans and a checkered shirt from a roommate. My other roommates didn't recognize me, even before I finished the costume.

Often I wear the same t-shirt for the week, but that's more out of laziness than ritual.
(They don't stink though, I swear - If they did I wouldn't feel anyway.)

My jackets are sometimes dubbed "second skin", because when I enamour with one, I tend to use it for months. But a good jacket is like a prized vest you only buy once a year, and my relatives do that also, so I'm excused.

I sometimes wear just one t shirt for a few days, attached below is the one I’m living in right now.
7426C1D7-AA97-43F2-BFA0-C57D06214785.jpeg

I wear the same pair of pants all week. Both jeans and work pants.

I also wear the same sweater all week when the weather calls for it.

Yep, Some of my clothes are 10 years old. I would wear them untill they got damaged, holes etc. :/

New Threads

Top Bottom