• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Anyone Want To Talk About Star Trek?

Sydney

Star Trek is one of my ultimate obsessions and my friend (who I normally talk about it with) has recently moved across the nation, so I would appreciate some discussion.

Kirk "computer who is this?"

Computer "scanning...sentient being, from 2013 A.D. Earth..."

Kirk "Spock...how can that be?"

Spock- "Yes Captain...sentient being...named Sydney; Captain, we are talking on an internet thread on Aspies Central."

Music {daaaaa duuuuuuhhhmmmmmmmmmmm} break to tv commercial

[after TV commericials, Kirk is sitting on his chair with tribbles all over him...one is pressing buttons...]

Bones- "Captain if she likes Star Trek, indulge in conversation, Sulu and Chekov will keep pushing buttons to see if we can create Star Trek content to satiate Sydney..."

Scotty- "Captain! We can't keep speakin on this thread, we'll burn out all the dylenthium crystals!"

Sulu -"holding her steady Captain, we are drifting mark 367 on an internet thread..."

Lt. Uhuru- "Captain, I remember reading about internet threads...back in the ancient days..."

Ok I'm getting bored, omg! There are tribbles all over me keyboard...?

Star Trek is one of my ultimate obsessions and my friend (who I normally talk about it with) has recently moved across the nation, so I would appreciate some discussion.

Do you have a favorite episode or two? What is the best thing you like about Star Trek? I love the chemistry, storyline, music and changing aliens. I remember one episode in which they take the shuttlecraft and crash land on a hostile planet. There are giant cavemen throwing huge boulders at the crew! The crew is fixing the shuttlecraft...meanwhile those huge cavemen keep coming back and they are throwing logs too!
But the funniest thing about that episode [ok so Star Trek is not funny...] is the loud noise the cavemen make when they are angry and throwing logs/boulders...I haven't seen that episode too many times.

I like Khan especially the original episode.

Do you have a favorite episode or two? What is the best thing you like about Star Trek? I love the chemistry, storyline, music and changing aliens. I remember one episode in which they take the shuttlecraft and crash land on a hostile planet. There are giant cavemen throwing huge boulders at the crew! The crew is fixing the shuttlecraft...meanwhile those huge cavemen keep coming back and they are throwing logs too!
But the funniest thing about that episode [ok so Star Trek is not funny...] is the loud noise the cavemen make when they are angry and throwing logs/boulders...I haven't seen that episode too many times.

I like Khan especially the original episode.

It's hard to say what my favorite episode would be. I can name a couple I didn't like (like episode Three: Where No Man Has Gone Before). I like Episode 4:The Naked Time, Episode 28:The City at the Edge of Forever, Episode 30:Amok Time, Episode 37:I, Mudd, and Episode 40:Friday's Child. To name just a few, of course. I don't recall the episode you are mentioning. Is it from the original series? My favorite things about Star Trek are: the different civilizations, Spock's logic (and his disagreements with Kirk and McCoy), the speculative physics and biology, and in Episode 44:The Trouble With Tribbles when Scotty punches the Klingon in the face for mocking the Enterprise.

geordix2.png

Geordi-LaBear.jpg

I've only seen a dozen or so of the newer series(going to buy them at some point) but we have the entire old series and I LOVE it, I don't know if I could say I have a fav episode, but one of my fav scenes is when McCoy rips Kirks shirt to give him a shot, it's just so hilarious to me, no idea what the episode was but I can vividly recall that bit because of the way he ripped his shirt.

I loved the Star Trek original series and also am a sucker for Lost In Space. I know more about the Lost in Space cast and crew than Star Trek although Star Trek was better in quality. Funnily enough, David Carradine based his role of Kwai Chang Kaine in the famous seventies Kung Fu series on Mr Spock.

I've only seen a dozen or so of the newer series(going to buy them at some point) but we have the entire old series and I LOVE it, I don't know if I could say I have a fav episode, but one of my fav scenes is when McCoy rips Kirks shirt to give him a shot, it's just so hilarious to me, no idea what the episode was but I can vividly recall that bit because of the way he ripped his shirt.

I used to watch the original Star Trek as a kid in the 1970s. It was usually on around 7 in the evening and in a strange kind of way it really made me feel quite mellow. I think it might have been something to do with the sound effects and music.

Me too, I like many of em but don't think I have a favorite. I've never known the #s of em but it's time I start learning. I have #28 The City on the Edge of Forever. Bones acts crazy because of the injection. The woman costar-Joan Collins, has large eyes. I also have # 24 Space Seed-Khan, #61 Spocks Brain [I love how the women dress in that one!] #9 Balance of Terror-the first time Romulans are shown as they crossed the Neutral Zone. I was lucky enough to have gotten William Shatners Star Trek Memories.

While I would have preferred a more fair title, but at least all of the main cast are interviewed & the history of how Star Trek came to be put on TV & evolved is discussed. Btw I loved the Mudd episode! Just googled the others like The Naked Time-that was a great episode-who can forget Sulu with the sword, Nurse Chapel coming on to Spock, Spock wrestling with emotions & the guy singing who took over engineering. I wodner if that's the episode where Bones injects everyone to get them back to normal.

Amok Time-omg! I thought that was when Spock was in heat & checked google...Spock had to go back to Vulcan because of Ponn Farr. The Vulcan rituals, ceremony & then of course the fight with Kirk was unforgettable.
"Spock live long and prosper" Spock- "I can do neither, for I have killed my Captain and my friend." I paraphrased that quote.

The different Civilizations are unique imo in the original Star Trek. Aliens changed [and not just their faces] and their forms were so unexpected. I liked the chemistry between characters that is rarely shown on TV shows.

I'd hate to play Spock in chess; seems like he always came up with the right answers/solutions. The Trouble with Tribbles is def one of my favorites. Scotty of course had a great part when the Klingons & Earthlings are drinking...then the fight. That tribble dealer acted good and also funny when the others were fighting & he drank others drinks.

Friday's Child-another good one. The Teers & the wife who was pregnant and Dr. McCoy takes care of her. The first episode I saw was the one where Kirk fights a human like Lizard on another planet. As for the episode I talked about before, the shuttle craft landing on an alien planet and as they fix the shuttlecraft they are repeatedly attacked by giant cave men throwing logs & spears-I believe that is one of the original ones. I only saw it 1x or 2x.

It's hard to say what my favorite episode would be. I can name a couple I didn't like (like episode Three: Where No Man Has Gone Before). I like Episode 4:The Naked Time, Episode 28:The City at the Edge of Forever, Episode 30:Amok Time, Episode 37:I, Mudd, and Episode 40:Friday's Child. To name just a few, of course. I don't recall the episode you are mentioning. Is it from the original series? My favorite things about Star Trek are: the different civilizations, Spock's logic (and his disagreements with Kirk and McCoy), the speculative physics and biology, and in Episode 44:The Trouble With Tribbles when Scotty punches the Klingon in the face for mocking the Enterprise.

I also grew to like Voyager. I liked Captain Janeway [ou la la!] an honest, direct fair Captain & woman. I liked the Klingon lady-I think she was the Science Officer? I had a crush on her too ;D She eventually got married to the human officer-I forgot his name. The Borg were entertaining, so was Q & others. The First Officer had character and an interesting background [as did most of them.] There was chemistry that was believable, among the bridge.

7 of 9 was an interesting character but then Voyager imo tanked as episodes eventually became exclusively boring talk [less action] & relationship between Captain Janeway and 7 of 9. Get a hotel room already will ya! :twins::giggle2: That's when the action, plots etc etc etc just slacked off...yawn...it became impossible to watch anymore episodes. :sleep: Anyhoo it's been years since I saw a Voyager episode.

Last edited:
It has to be Star Trek the Next Generation for me with Jean Luc Picard and the battle of the Borg was immense :) I aslo Like Voyager and I never thought they would find their way back to Earth but it was great when they did.

"I am LOCUTUS OF BORG. Resistance is FUTILE. Your life, as it has been...is OVER. From this time forward, you will service...US!!"

Capt. William T. Riker: Mr. Worf...FIRE!!

When the credits came up (when I watched "Best of Both Worlds Part I" on TV), I remembered screaming, "NOOOOOOOOO!!" (Because I was so mad that I'd be waiting three months to find out the resolution!!! :)

My favorites in order are:
Star Trek TNG
Deep Space Nine
Star Trek (Original)
Voyager
Enterprise
Used to have a ton of memorabilia: Gold plates, uniforms, phasers, etc

2001-I didn't know that. I'm guessing I was watching repeats 3-5? years ago when I had a lot of cable tv channels. I was working nights and after I got home watched it 2am-4am [2 episodes.]

I haven’t seen it in years either, so I just checked. According to Wikipedia, the series ended in 2001. That surprised me, because I didn’t think it has been that long.

Phasers, uniforms! I'm in.

I had a cool Hallmark Star Trek Transporter Chamber with Kirk, Spock & Scotty [I think-red shirt.]
It has 2 cool sounds + the lights blinked. But I sold it & other stuff in Queens NY when I needed $.
Also still have 2 Star Trek original audio cassettes. 1st is fantastic-noises from Star Trek & brings up memories.
The 2nd is music from an entire episode-it's ok.

My favorites in order are:
Star Trek TNG
Deep Space Nine
Star Trek (Original)
Voyager
Enterprise
Used to have a ton of memorabilia: Gold plates, uniforms, phasers, etc

Attachments

• transporter chamber  hallmark.jpg
    transporter chamber hallmark.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 116

I had a cool Hallmark Star Trek Transporter Chamber with Kirk, Spock & Scotty [I think-red shirt.]
It has 2 cool sounds + the lights blinked. But I sold it & other stuff in Queens NY when I needed $.
Also still have 2 Star Trek original audio cassettes. 1st is fantastic-noises from Star Trek & brings up memories.
I've often wondered, when they go through the transporter, is it really their true individual selves on the other side? Or just reconstructions? Atomically correct reconstructions (my mind just picked up on that as: Anatomically correct. i meant atomically as in atoms. Flashes of Lars & the Real Girl...)Aspie Movie Review: Lars and the Real Girl | Prawn And Quartered
http://www.aspiescentral.com/attach...ut-star-trek-transporter-chamber-hallmark.jpg

I've often wondered, when they go through the transporter, is it really their true individual selves on the other side? Or just reconstructions? Atomically correct reconstructions (my mind just picked up on that as: Anatomically correct. No, I said Atomically as in atoms... flashes of Lars & the Real Girl...Aspie Movie Review: Lars and the Real Girl | Prawn And Quartered)

Uh oh I'll let another Trekkie answer you as I don't know. But I'll guess our atoms are mixed and then put back together. So atomically and anatomically correct might be the answer! :unsure: :) Lars and the Real Girl-at first I didn't like the first review I googled. But I do like Ryan Gosling from the Titans and another movie I saw him in. After the 3rd movie review on google I like what the movie is about and the meaning behind it. But I really want to know if she Bianca is soft foam or hard plastic? :idea: ;)

Never did like plastic kind of people...

I've often wondered, when they go through the transporter, is it really their true individual selves on the other side? Or just reconstructions? Atomically correct reconstructions (my mind just picked up on that as: Anatomically correct. i meant atomically as in atoms. Flashes of Lars & the Real Girl...)Aspie Movie Review: Lars and the Real Girl | Prawn And Quartered
http://www.aspiescentral.com/attach...ut-star-trek-transporter-chamber-hallmark.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom