• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone take tyrosine and/or GABA?

ptogrph17

I'm curious if anyone has herd of or takes l-tyrosine or GABA. I find that it helps me with being more aware of my surroundings and control my emotions a bit better. I can't drive unless I take tyrosine, if I do I get overloaded and just kind of start to phase out, Not very fun! It just seems like kind of an obscure thing and I wanted to share.

Last edited:
Yes, I do take L-tyrosine. This is a great thread to start. I take about two to four capsules a day with all my other supplements ( which are many). I have been breaking each capsule into my morning drink (which is a weakened dosage of a pre-workout supplement) and mixing it well. I also use soy lecithin granules in the morning - which take a long time to dissolve. But they make a nourishing morning shake. I do use many more supplements but one size does not fit all of us. Some need the bare basics while more severe cases may need a bigger variety. And of course diet and exercise make a big difference too. GABA I used in the past but it seems pricey. I can get tyrosine for a good price right now.

I usually only take one of each a day, actually I've been taking n-acetyl-tyrosine, which if I remember correctly is more stable. Anyway, I'm not very consistent with it and even though it would be best to take it twice a day, I only take it once and will sometimes go for a week or so with out taking it. I just started taking it again and feel more "with it" and a little bit more motivated. I've noticed that GABA can cause tingling in your hands, and a odd flavor in you mouth if you take it on an empty stomach, which is what you're supposed to do, you get used to it after a while. I'm guilty of not being active enough, but I do drink a raw protein shake sometimes.

New Threads

Top Bottom