• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone live 100% alone?

BrandonKastning

TruthSword
Does anyone live 100% alone without any friends or family? If so; what do you do to cope or "enjoy" life?

4 years on my "own". 2 years in 100% isolation without outside communications since mask mandates in my free state and my failed God, Jesus.

Why would COVID cause you to not communicate with friends and family? I gone though times when I have felt like I was living in isolation, but always had some family contact at least.

I have lived alone since about 23, worked with people up until 40, then burnt out from stress, had to live alone after being at work all day, couldn't come home to people stuff. After 40 I got disability, and needed to cut stress, so chose to live alone. Family resent me, so minimal contact. I chat with shop staff or locals occasionally. Biggest problem is boredom, you have to keep yourself occupied/entertained. It's low stress, so good for me.

I have a strong need for freedom (had overcontrolling parents), so I don't dislike it.

100 percent isolation is a strange thing, NTs would unravel with that, plus I found you can lose language skills if you don't use them. Glad you're here.

How do you keep occupied, do you study? What about work experience?

I'm old so I don't want or need a lot to do, just chores/shopping/web/gardening, occasional walks keep me busy enough. Found pets too much work/expense. Have a van so I can go on trips away if I want.

Last edited:
I live alone for many years now, mostly I've been alone, as a lifestyle choice. I talk to people who work at stores, and a few friends online and phone friends too. We rarely meet. I like talking to people sometimes, but I usually make ppl nervous.

I have church friends, but it's not christian, the place where I used to go,(they closed down) it's New Thought, aka Religious Science. There is actually a few that are aligned, Agape is popular. I really enjoy Centers for Spiritual Living as well. They do not believe in Hell, redemption, salvation, sin(original or otherwise), or that the Great Answer is in one Old Book.

One of my favorite Reverends has a lending library in her office on all eight of the Wonders of the World
(major religions) and a wide assortment of assorted works on spiritual themes, its multicultural.

She is an educator,(masters) a licensed therapist, a published author, and a gifted public speaker.

She actually does things, in a mighty way. Her apprentice that she trained over several years, founded a non profit, bought an old motel, had it professionally remodeled with grant money and donations, and then established a transitional housing unit, for homeless people, in the old motel.

I like older ppl generally as they
are more real and also more polite. Gentle and accepting, and more conservative too.

In terms of coping I enjoy many hobbies and also having small adventures.

I edit alot so...
I reccomend reading aloud to practice speech skills, also I have a cat, they are pretty self sufficient, and often joyous. Lots of hair, but I dont care.

I have lived alone since about 23, worked with people up until 40, then burnt out from stress, had to live alone after being at work all day, couldn't come home to people stuff. After 40 I got disability, and needed to cut stress, so chose to live alone. Family resent me, so minimal contact. I chat with shop staff or locals occasionally. Biggest problem is boredom, you have to keep yourself occupied/entertained. It's low stress, so good for me.

I have a strong need for freedom (had overcontrolling parents), so I don't dislike it.

100 percent isolation is a strange thing, NTs would unravel with that, plus I found you can lose language skills if you don't use them. Glad you're here.

How do you keep occupied, do you study? What about work experience?

I'm old so I don't want or need a lot to do, just chores/shopping/web/gardening, occasional walks keep me busy enough. Found pets too much work/expense. Have a van so I can go on trips away if I want.
unperson,

Thank you for sharing this. I understand the need / want for freedom. Most people I observe cannot be alone 1 day; let alone years.

I was studying Law (Constitutional); just too upset with what's happening. I have been opposing the zoom transition for basic government services and it's eating me alive. I lost my anxiety medications and even though I have learned Constitutional Law Defense; it does nothing to actually protect me while on Disability since everyone violates our rights by default.

I used to work at IBM & AT&T; as a Tech 3 Executive Support; my best job ever. I supported hundreds of executives Computer Technology solutions. After being involuntary and before that; I haven't been able to focus, work or mind myself in the "now" without problems.

I have the need for Justice; it's not available; not quite sure what's going to happen regarding my fate. Everything is continually stacked against me no matter the integrity, effort and due diligence brought forward.

I was thinking about work and how I missed it; however psychology has ripped apart my brain in a way that I cannot put it back together as it was prior. I feel unforgiving toward my maker for putting me through all of this and all to come; continued suffering alone, eventually to a miserable death.

I am working on trying to get a comfort cat adopted. This task alone creates unlimited hurdles and stresses, anxieties and instant dark thinking(s).

Real tough time. Thank you for talking to me.

~ Brandon

I live alone for many years now, mostly I've been alone, as a lifestyle choice. I talk to people who work at stores, and a few friends online and phone friends too. We rarely meet. I like talking to people sometimes, but I usually make ppl nervous.

I have church friends, but it's not christian, the place where I used to go,(they closed down) it's New Thought, aka Religious Science. There is actually a few that are aligned, Agape is popular. I really enjoy Centers for Spiritual Living as well. They do not believe in Hell, redemption, salvation, sin(original or otherwise), or that the Great Answer is in one Old Book.

One of my favorite Reverends has a lending library in her office on all eight of the Wonders of the World
(major religions) and a wide assortment of assorted works on spiritual themes, its multicultural.

She is an educator,(masters) a licensed therapist, a published author, and a gifted public speaker.

She actually does things, in a mighty way. Her apprentice that she trained over several years, founded a non profit, bought an old motel, had it professionally remodeled with grant money and donations, and then established a transitional housing unit, for homeless people, in the old motel.

I like older ppl generally as they
are more real and also more polite. Gentle and accepting, and more conservative too.

In terms of coping I enjoy many hobbies and also having small adventures.

I edit alot so...
I reccomend reading aloud to practice speech skills, also I have a cat, they are pretty self sufficient, and often joyous. Lots of hair, but I dont care.

Skittlebisquit,

No judgement here. That's good that she helps the homeless people and that's more than the Christian Church in America can say.

I watched a couple movies on Editing "Best Sellers" was one of them and another called my last salinger year, I think it was called. Both were alright movies. I learned about the book industry and editing; so when you said this, I understood better.

It must be nice to have a cat friend. Thank you for writing me.

~ Brandon

I just wanted to gently point out that a spiritual community doesnt need to be a christian one to be valuable to a spiritual tourist, like myself. I'm not a serious seeker at all. I like singing alot, and hearing inspiring things and meeting people for short and sweet socializing, I'm drawn to the community,and cultural events but skeptical of religion generally.

Gotta say though, participating in something meaningful makes me high as a satellite, it makes me feel like a hero, and spiritual communities do fundraising typically, so there is that. That's fun raising money, I think. Hero stuff.

Cats are fantastic! If you are not allergic then you should get one, if you can. It's a tough choice sometimes the landlord turd wont want you to have one. A dog is alot of responsibility and expense, but cats are easy. Litter box and dried cat food. You are supposed to store the feed in a metal can and clean out the box every day, they get smelly. Oh and they need water too, if you leave the lid up on the toilet the cat will climb inside it and play in the water and drink from it, so no using those wierd sanitizer things, (1000 flushes)it can poison the cat. Or just always close the lid, that's what I do

Last edited:
I just wanted to gently point out that a spiritual community doesnt need to be a christian one to be valuable to a spiritual tourist, like myself. I'm not a serious seeker at all. I like singing alot, and hearing inspiring things and meeting people for short and sweet socializing, I'm drawn to the community,and cultural events but skeptical of religion generally.

Gotta say though, participating in something meaningful makes me high as a satellite, it makes me feel like a hero, and spiritual communities do fundraising typically, so there is that. That's fun raising money, I think. Hero stuff.

Cats are fantastic! If you are not allergic then you should get one, if you can. It's a tough choice sometimes the landlord turd wont want you to have one. A dog is alot of responsibility and expense, but cats are easy. Litter box and dried cat food. You are supposed to store the feed in a metal can and clean out the box every day, they get smelly. Oh and they need water too, if you leave the lid up on the toilet the cat will climb inside it and play in the water and drink from it, so no using those wierd sanitizer things, (1000 flushes)it can poison the cat. Or just always close the lid, that's what I do
Skittlebisquit,

It's always a good feeling to be apart of something that is helpful to others. I imagine that is a good feeling; glad you get to experience that.

Thanks for the advice with the cat. I didn't even think of the toilet bowl factor; and won't use poison. A neighbor showed me a waterfall cat water dish. I have never seen one before; it seems to recycle the water and keeps it cool on a fountain. I may learn from her and pick one up if adoption attempt goes well.

This is the cat "Bronson" who I applied for tonight. He's 2 years old and has been in lock up for over 2 months.

It will be lots to figure out how to get down to him; secure him and bring him to his new home if I get approved.

He looks like this:

d9c3dc7e-37fe-4eff-93a1-0c7966290d95.jpg

I've lived on my own for many years, age 49 have never been married

I also get restless when in my place for too long... I do go out lots for walks on weekends, drives on weekends, small concerts at small cafes, and am involved with a couple of social clubs... I "engineered" ways to get out

So Covid hit me hard in terms of when/how activities just stopped

For myself if I spend an entire day inside I go crazy, so I just go out in almost any weather, even during Covid I went for daily walks (still during Covid here), even on very cold winter days

Skittlebisquit,

It's always a good feeling to be apart of something that is helpful to others. I imagine that is a good feeling; glad you get to experience that.

Thanks for the advice with the cat. I didn't even think of the toilet bowl factor; and won't use poison. A neighbor showed me a waterfall cat water dish. I have never seen one before; it seems to recycle the water and keeps it cool on a fountain. I may learn from her and pick one up if adoption attempt goes well.

This is the cat "Bronson" who I applied for tonight. He's 2 years old and has been in lock up for over 2 months.

It will be lots to figure out how to get down to him; secure him and bring him to his new home if I get approved.

He looks like this:

He's a pretty boy! He will need a nest box too. A bushel box is fine, half an old blanket to lay on, and then put the box under a table or somewhere dark, not the closet.

You yell at cats to discipline them, it sort of works. Terrify that animal for even playing with any sort of electrical cord, or speaker wires or any of that. They are not allowed on food service tables or counters or in the closet, generally. They often like paper grocery snacks left open on the floor, and oddly the little part that you have to trim for new insoles that comes off, do why. Dry food is adequate. Canned food is no more than a few tablespoons at once. The waterfall cat dish sounds awesome. If you put one near an open water tap they will drink alot from that, they like it. They are pretty smart generally, love to climb on expensive things, and favor fresh laundry for napping. You are supposed to treat for fleas twice a year regardless of condition.

Locked up for 60 days? He may be sort of spooky. He will find both the litter box and the feed bowl without help, fantastic noses they have and excellent hearing.

I've only ever had rejected strays myself so we would always cage them (they call it a crate nowadays darned if I know why) at first to get started. You may not need to.

I hope it all goes well for you

Does anyone live 100% alone without any friends or family? If so; what do you do to cope or "enjoy" life?

4 years on my "own". 2 years in 100% isolation without outside communications since mask mandates in my free state and my failed God, Jesus.

I'm sorry you've been alone for so long. And I read about friends and family. I'm sorry. Hang out on the forums, play some games, I'm sure you'll make friends.

unperson,

Thank you for sharing this. I understand the need / want for freedom. Most people I observe cannot be alone 1 day; let alone years.

I was studying Law (Constitutional); just too upset with what's happening. I have been opposing the zoom transition for basic government services and it's eating me alive. I lost my anxiety medications and even though I have learned Constitutional Law Defense; it does nothing to actually protect me while on Disability since everyone violates our rights by default.

I used to work at IBM & AT&T; as a Tech 3 Executive Support; my best job ever. I supported hundreds of executives Computer Technology solutions. After being involuntary and before that; I haven't been able to focus, work or mind myself in the "now" without problems.

I have the need for Justice; it's not available; not quite sure what's going to happen regarding my fate. Everything is continually stacked against me no matter the integrity, effort and due diligence brought forward.

I was thinking about work and how I missed it; however psychology has ripped apart my brain in a way that I cannot put it back together as it was prior. I feel unforgiving toward my maker for putting me through all of this and all to come; continued suffering alone, eventually to a miserable death.

I am working on trying to get a comfort cat adopted. This task alone creates unlimited hurdles and stresses, anxieties and instant dark thinking(s).

Real tough time. Thank you for talking to me.

~ Brandon

With the God stuff, I go with 'I have become dust' from Job, lol, the back end of Job is well worth reading - this is when Job remonstrates with God... and 'set apart, for the purposes of God', generally. He's done it to plenty of others, and my life aint the worst.

Last edited:
Skittlebisquit,

snip

He looks like this:

Looks like a good mouser, tough guy.

They live longer if keep them as inside cat only. They love toys. So a little string with something tied to the end of it and you swing it around. Even a bottle cap on the floor, they use their paws to bat it around like prey. Cats can get caught on the window shade cords. Please roll those up high because cats get badly caught in them. Some cats have swallowed sewing needles. Certain plants are poisonous,like lily of the valley. They like to sharpen their paws so pick up a little post that they can stretch and sharpen their paws.

They live longer if kept as inside cat only. They love toys. So a little string with something tied to the end of it and you swing it around. Even a bottle cap on the floor, they use their paws to bat it around like prey. Cats can get caught on the window shade cords. Please roll those up high because cats get badly caught in them. Some cats have swallowed sewing needles. Certain plants are poisonous,like lily of the valley. They like to sharpen their paws so pick up a little cat post that they can stretch and sharpen their paws. Dry food is better because it helps prevent tooth decay. A little butter on your finger is a nice treat for them. My cat liked mozzarella string cheese. Tiny little cup of milk is a treat. Some cats love a bit of tuna once in a while. I have used a can of tuna to get a cat down from a post, and out of the Air Conditioning vent. And it worked. But we had to call fireman to get cat out of tree. Have fun with your new buddy.

I've lived alone most of my adult life. Gave up pets in 2005.

Have very few visitors...

As for the times I lived with girlfriends, I can only describe that in terms of Charles Dickens: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times".

In this instance being on the spectrum can be a hard and confusing life. Where more often than not, solitude gave me more solace than companionship.

Last edited:
I live alone as the dynamics of social interaction are too exhausting/confusing. I do sometimes feel on the brink of madness, but to connect slightly with the world does disappate this a bit.

Most useful to me in my solitude are good books.

Also I am finding this forum very useful in the fact I can express myself and open up without any of the stress.

I wish you the best of luck, and like someone mentioned above, now you are here you are not alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom