• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone live 100% alone?

I live 100% alone. My son Mike will visit one or twice a year. Holiday visits with sisters in family gatherings has been discontinued due to covid concerns by them.

All my friends are on line types of relationships. My last physical friend passed away 7 years ago.

I am very happy with this lifestyle. I am a deeply spiritual person so indeed I am never really alone.

I keep very busy chatting with friends on line. It is normal for me to have 2-3 conversations going on at the same time. However most of the time it is just one conversation.

The internet has made connecting with others quite easy. You can find those who resonate a great deal with you in groups like this. When there are common interests there is always a lot to share.

John

Occasional visitors but yes I live alone, with a cat.

I also have a few friends I connect with remotely.

It is proving a lot less damaging for me than recent experiences.

Aspychata,

Thank you for those kind words. This world is not made for us.
It isn't just people of the spectrum. There are many other ways not to "fit in." Sometimes those are physical issues and other times intellectual or emotional issues. The world isn't "made" for anyone. Most get lucky and have a shape more conformal with what's available than someone like me is born with.

Everyone needs to make those compromises with the world that are necessary to survive and experience a bit of happiness. There are holes and pegs of all shapes and sizes. Some are more common and some are less. If you are a triangular peg and your local "world" is full of round holes, you might have to look far and wide for holes more fitting to your shape. Or you can try shaving off your own sharp edges and grinding away at the closest hole to make it more triangular. Or you can decide you really don't need a hole to fit into. I did a bit of all the above.

No man is an island. If you flush a toilet, if you use electricity or gas, if you wear something beyond a grass skirt or a bearskin, you are dependent on other people. Even if you don't socialize with them, they are there. Even if they are just text on a screen, they are there. Even if you don't see anyone, you know they are still there.

@Au Naturel says:

We are all just a toilet flush away.......
Lol but some of us wear clothes.....

And then there are those who wear fig leaves and quote Ben Franklin

I don’t know the right way to say tnis, but I know that for those of us who are alone it is imperative to stay on the positive side. I don’t mean sweet and smarmy. I mean the flexible, un-bitter, simple & mindfulness, and the strength to stick kindness, the way when skiing one sticks a turn or a pilot sticks a landing.

I plan on living alone. I only ever sorta lived alone once when I had roommates but they left for the summer. I was completely alone for about two months and only left the house to go to the grocery store across the street. It was a magical time in my life.

I don't simply because of money but I can and it would greatly benefit me too. There's a lot going on in my situation right now so it hasn't been on my mind lately. I was completely alone for a whole couple weeks before here this Summer though and it was amazing for my mental health. I didn't need to worry about anyone else but my cat. Everything was much more free form and there was a lot less tension in the air. Everything for once simply flowed for once, time barely mattered besides keeping track of when I had to go to work.

I don't live 100% alone. I have a child, who is my world. But I got very sick a couple years ago, and at first we'd get some visitors and calls, but no one ever comes by or calls me anymore. I'm doing better everyday, able to do things I haven't been able to for a few years, but I still need a lot of rest. and I'm still extremely isolated and I get very, very lonely. With covid it doesn't help. Even the most social people I know stay away now.

I plan on living by myself. I like being alone due to being very introverted. I currently live with a family with one sibling but I'm not close friends with him due to our special interests being so far apart from one another. I think it would be good for me to see if I can independently manage things by myself in the future. I'm addicted to reading so even if I don't have a constant access to Internet I'll be ok.

Have enjoyed living alone immensely. However l am being pressured to live with someone or live with a bunch of busybodies with no life. I have been independent my entire life until marriage. But this time l will not remarry this individual. Sometimes it's a curse when you want to live alone and can't.

Bronson is available for me to adopt. However our bus system does not go over there. I am quite sad.

Call adoption place. Tell them of your struggle. Ask if they could meet where the bus does go or could they bring him to your home or is there a volunteer at the adoption place that could bring you there and back? You can try offering gas money if you have.

Just try calling shelter and tell them how badly you want the cat, is there any assistance?

Bronson is available for me to adopt. However our bus system does not go over there. I am quite sad.

Don't give up. Call the place. Walk to the nearest church, ask for help. Go to the nonprofit place in your area ask if there is driving to appointments help?

I live alone, but as an addict I attend 12 step meetings and I sometimes have 12 step friends visit.

On days where I feel lonely and nobody is able to visit me, my phone comes in handy. As does my Xbox. And also Netflix.

New Threads

Top Bottom