• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to animals?

For pet owners: Do you talk to your pet?

• Total voters
I honestly don't see how you can't talk back, that would be so rude....

I talk to:
My cats
My fish
My frogs
My grandparents dogs
My grandparents fish
My other grandparents dogs
I even go the extra mile and talk to my aquarium plants....

...don't worry I am aware I have no life

Oh my, I probably talk to animals more than humans! ;)

I talk to my dogs, my lizards, wild animals, my fish- heck I'll even talk to the shrimp in the fish tank! Sadly, only my dog seems to acknowledge my conversations :p

My cat also talks to me.
He says 'enh ah ohw' for milk.
The same sound each time he
sees the jug in my hand.

I do but there's a bit of angry talk happening at the moment. One of my budgies keeps kicking the other. The same budgie keeps pulling the other one off its perch with its foot. I didn't even know budgies did this. Do they need anger management classes? ;)

944391_932361270135217_2203558232225584523_n.jpg

I talk to my dog so often that when I talk to someone else he perks up and let's me know he thinks he should be part of the conversation.

Yes, very frequently. I also sing to him. Mostly I just say his name over and over 'cause he likes that and doesn't exactly know English anyway. I ask him questions about his physical needs too, and based on his body language I can usually tell if he's been fed, does he need to use the bathroom, does he need a walk, etc.

I definitely talk to my dog, and I criticize the behavior of small animals that I pass in my car. Give them pointers and stuff. I like to be helpful.

Last edited:
All the time. I work with animals every day, and I come home to twenty one different pets. I probably talk to animals more than people.

no not really. never had many pets, ill probably have cats in the future though, don't know if ill talk to them but i doubt it.

I always have long one sided conversations with my mothers cats. When I see a dog or cat on the street I talk to it. I tend to talk to most animals if I'm not pressed for time or around others.

I talk to my cat and dog and occasionally my fish. I love talking to them. They are my life.

I believed I was part dog and was bullied until 4th grade for growling at people, and chasing people I wanted to play with me. I am very good at mimicking animal sounds. I often talk to my cats.

New Threads

Top Bottom