• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to animals?

For pet owners: Do you talk to your pet?

• Total voters
I talk to our cats all the time. One of them responds, the other just snubs me and tries to lick my eyeballs when I sleep.

My cat died a week before my birthday last year. I have another cat, but I can't talk to him the same way because I know I don't feel the same for him (Einstein) as I do the cat that passed (Indiana Jones). In fact, the only reason I have Einstein is because I thought Indiana needed a play mate. They got along well, but Einstein was 6 years old when I took him in. I also have an almost year old puppy, but I also can't talk to her like I used to Indiana.

He was such an inspiration to me that I even based a species off of him in a fiction series that I am writing. I haven't been able to write or edit that series since he died. I'm finding that I'm having a hard time communicating a lot of things now that he is gone.

Yes, I talk to animals. When we have been together a while, the animals usually respond quite a bit. Sometimes it is nonverbal or it is like my old cat. He has learned to say something that sounds like, "Yeah", and he says it often when I talk to him. He uses it at appropriate moments too.

He also says a pretty good approximation of, "I love you". Of course, that is my favorite. I am not certain that he understands what that means, but he sure has learned to use it to get what he wants. He says it a lot when he wants a special treat or more cuddling.

Some of our cats are very talkative. The one is crazy and she will talk to you indefinitely if you let her. Lol The girls are much more talkative than the boys and the older male doesn't talk much at all. The other younger male will tell you when he wants something. But the girls will actually "conversate" obviously not in English but in some sort meowing/human vocalization pattern. It's so much fun.

I talk to my dog all the time, he has an excellent understanding and he is smart enough to ask for what he needs in his own way. His language is to stomp his feet.

Yep, everyday after I wake up the first thing I do is look for my dog and tell him "Good day!" when I play with him I talk to him and etc..

yes love the way socks (cat) talks hes not as vocal as some but so cute
talk to any animal -not ticks ,fleas just cant .
talk to dog next door

I talk to my dogs more than any other living creature......they're more family to me than anyone I'm related to!

Not so much anymore with my dog.
Been under the same room as him for ten years, he just sort of knows, without having to say a word.

Have three cats. Only need to speak to them if they're squabbling and then it's only "Ay !" Other than that no. Understand each other perfectly without words.

Freak me out when they wink at me or stare at something behind me (that isn't there)

Been under the same room as him for ten years, he just sort of knows, without having to say a word.

Have three cats. Only need to speak to them if they're squabbling and then it's only "Ay !" Other than that no. Understand each other perfectly without words.

Freak me out when they wink at me or stare at something behind me (that isn't there)

Oh it is there. It just moves quicker than you can see it.

:)

You're not a carnivore or living in a feral state,The more starved you become the more you notice things, I remember didn't eat properly for six weeks .

I talk to my cat and play with her a lot. My favorite is to look at her and say, "Did You Do That?" In a high pitched, squeaky voice. She then pretends to be alarmed and runs away. It is so cute!

i play with mine too.he is amongst my mother's
,including r2d2 from star wars.i even meow at him the way that r2 sounds.i even picked up my cat the same way.

Last edited:
We have five Chihuahuas. Since it is starting to get cold outside, what I say to them is "Who did that on the floor?".

I talk to my dog to ask him how he's doing and to tell him what a good dog he is. The dog is deaf so it doesn't do much good to talk to him but I've always talked to my pets. The dog is very smart and knows how to follow hand signals so this is the best way to communicate with him. I also talk to my cat and she will meow back.

I talk to my guinea pig all the time!!!!
Actually, theres a funny story to go along with that one.
I was out in my yard with my guinea, and I was offering her a carrot. I was doing the regular pet voice, you know.
And then the older guy next door stuck his head over the fence and said,
"Ya need a life if you're talking to your rat!!!"
Shes not a rat shes a guinea.
But anyway, I found this ABSOLUTELY hilarious and I'm fairly certain I convinced the entire street that I'm insane because I was laughing my head off for ages.

I still talk to my doggie even though she passed away sixteen years ago.
_20181107_174312.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom