• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you remember your dreams?

I tend to have poor sleep, since my dreams are very vivid, and I wake up exhausted the next morning. I do remember them for the next few hours, after waking up, but never the fine details and they usually make no sense on reflection.

Sometimes I try not to dwell on them too much, since they can be quite traumatic and frightening. Other times they're a lot more lighthearted and dare I say, entertaining. So it's a bit of a lottery for me, since I never know what I'm going to get.

It's a pity I don't remember them in detail after a while, since I think I would end making a lot of money if I could write about some of the weird stories that play out in my dreams.

One of my favourite recurring dreams is being a member of the Top Gear team alongside Clarkson, May and Hammond. I think it's my longing for having friends again, and to have some fun times with others, that's the reason for those dreams.

Last edited:
I remember the good stuff, you might remember that topic I did last week about 1 particular dream I had 1 night about my old College.

Yes,watching me being me. A view from above sort of.

In a fashion. I must be much taller in my dreams too because one recollection involved my eldest daughter who is much taller than I am and yet, she was standing upright in my dream and my eye level or perspective was above the top of her head?

I don't remember any step ladders, wings or levitation being involved or the wearing of really high stillettos?
I've remembered it because it left me puzzled and I still don't understand how that would work.

Have you ever woken up and remembered a dream, then a few minutes later you still remember you had a dream, but can't remember anything about it? Well everyone dreams virtually every night, but they rarely remember them because their brain usually dismisses the information as unimportant short term memory that isn't transferred to long term memory.

Well there is a solution to fully remember dreams and that is to train your brain into prioritising dreams as important information that instead should be stored in long term memory. In summary this is done by creating a dream diary which I will now explain in more detail...

Always sleep with a pen and paper near you so you can grab it easily, when-ever you awaken, immediately write down quick notes about what you remember about any dream that you might have just had. Later when you don't remember dreaming at all you will be utterly amazed by what you've written. Now try to remember the dream once again by reading over your notes in as much detail as possible and if you start remembering additional information add to your notes. At first this may remind you of snippets of the dream or you may not remember much at all, but if you keep at it you will not only find that you are writing down more detailed information in your diary, but after a few weeks or maybe even earlier you will start to remember your dreams clearly for as long as you wish.

I used this technique for a while and I did start remembering my dreams in detail, I however stopped for years and sadly my brain reverted back to not remembering again, I do intend to try this amazing experiment again however. You may or may not be a believer, but the very same technique can also be used to remember astral projection too as similarly to dreams these out of body experiences are also normally discarded as useless information (I've done this too).

Last edited:
Have you ever woken up and remembered a dream, then a few minutes later you still remember you had a dream, but can't remember anything about it? Well everyone dreams virtually every night, but they rarely remember them because their brain usually dismisses the information as unimportant short term memory that isn't transferred to long term memory.

Well there is a solution to fully remember dreams and that is to train your brain into prioritising dreams as important information that instead should be stored in long term memory. In summary this is done by creating a dream diary which I will now explain in more detail...

Always sleep with a pen and paper near you so you can grab it easily, when-ever you awaken, immediately write down quick notes about what you remember about any dream that you might have just had. Later when you don't remember dreaming at all you will be utterly amazed by what you've written. Now try to remember the dream once again by reading over your notes in as much detail as possible and if you start remembering additional information add to your notes. At first this may remind you of snippets of the dream or you may not remember much at all, but if you keep at it you will not only find that you are writing down more detailed information in your diary, but after a few weeks or maybe even earlier you will start to remember your dreams clearly for as long as you wish.

I used this technique for a while and I did start remembering my dreams in detail, I however stopped for years and sadly my brain reverted back to not remembering again, I do intend to try this amazing experiment again however. You may or may not be a believer, but the very same technique can also be used to remember astral projection too as similarly to dreams these out of body experiences are also normally discarded as useless information (I've done this too).
Pshew...glad to see someone else dreams very similar to myself.
Your techniques probably work well for those who are interested in remembering dreams and sorting out which type they just had.
I've just always had vivid, lucid dreams which I easily remember and sort into which subset each belongs.
It is true that it can leave you tired instead of rested sometimes. So I also enjoy the times I do have deep, dreamless sleep.

I usually don't recall my dreams.
A few times I wrote a dream down immediately after waking up, because while just after waking I still remember, but during the day the memory starts to fade... like it never happened at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom