• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you remember your dreams?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Rarely ever do, only at times when I take a short nap and wake up suddenly. And then they fade away. Do you like your dreams? Which ones do you like? Do recall several in which I saw people from the past, but was anxious and walked quickly through rooms of people who I used to know and some that I still know. It was like a party.

I rarely do, except like you those during a nap, which quickly fade.
Nightmares tend to leave a longer imprint, but it's still pretty vague.

Also, my dreams are incredibly boring, my brain seems mostly interested in rehashing everyday situations, but just the negative ones, such as office stuff when I still worked (meaning they were also synonymous with added stress even as I slept).

Oh, every once in a while, I will dream of food. A few nights back, I bought 3 mangoes on the street in one part of a dream, and later on into another dream, I was upset that I hadn't had a chance to eat the mangoes yet, and obsessing over one of them going bad. Wasting food is a pet peeve of mine, but I'd love to get a break sometimes.

I think I remember a dream most every night. Not very vividly, though; just little snippets. I might make up a story in my dream that I would remember perfectly well when asleep or half-asleep, but then when I wake up hardly be able to remember the details at all.

I like most of my dreams. I often dream about finding and/or reading interesting books, which is a dream I like. Though when I wake up I'm disappointed that it's not real. :p I do have unpleasant dreams sometimes, involving me having a meltdown or something else bad happening. I rarely have nightmares involving monsters and the like, though. Most of my dreams are realistic (in that they don't contain fantastical elements, though they do have illogical or nonsensical things happen in them).

Last night I dreamed I caught a three foot long fish with an ink splatter pattern and called it a Ralph Steadman fish when I showed it to someone in my dream. I dream about fishing quite a bit, about rivers, caves, birds. Sometimes it's related to obvious interest (like the ink splatter fish dream), other times I can't figure them out. Most of the time I remember some of my dream but not enough to know what was really going on. Like the one I had years ago about a hog race conducted in a deep ditch whose walls were made of fish packed in mud. Would love to remember the whole dream because that was really odd.

Rarely ever do, only at times when I take a short nap and wake up suddenly. And then they fade away. Do you like your dreams? Which ones do you like? Do recall several in which I saw people from the past, but was anxious and walked quickly through rooms of people who I used to know and some that I still know. It was like a party.

I don't remember many dreams and, honestly, this is a small blessing for me. Most of them tend to belong to three categories: sad, upsetting or nightmares; leaving me with a sense of disgust, self-hate, fear and misery. Not something I would recommend. At times, not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

My dreams are weird at their best and darkly twisted at their worst, as if my mind collapsed under the pressure of the day and had problems analysing its impact, thus creating visions I would gladly get rid of. A year ago I was a walking wreck scared of my own shadow and I wouldn't like the repeat of this situation. I'm aware of my wounds and they are on my mind enough time during the day, I don't need to dream about them as well.

Before they got so dark and twisted, however... I liked dreaming. Some of the most beautiful ideas, stories and artworks I created were born in my dreams when I was a child. Not anymore, unfortunately, but I have to say that it's a bittersweet kind of sorrow remembering this.

Flying dreams are the best. More like levitating really, and somehow the other characters seem not surprised by it. Gotta watch out for power lines though. Sometimes I can do telekinesis in them too.

Almost never. Also, I don't dream in full colour but rather in blue-scale. Maybe remember one once or twice a year.

There's one thing I learned about my dreams. I can see and hear. But I can't smell, taste or touch. weird ain't it.

I remember tons of my dreams, at least partially.

When I was little I remembered virtually all of them....sometimes I will randomly remember a dream I haven't thought about for a long time, from as far back as early childhood.

The earliest one I can remember, that I have never forgotten, is from when I was 3 years old; It was a nightmare, involving a hedge maze floating in a black void of space and the dragon from the paper bag princess and an evil witch.

Sometimes I like my dreams, sometimes I don't. Usually I think I feel neutral about them. They tend to be quite bizarre and extremely vivid. I like the ones in which I'm happy, and/or everything works out in the end.

I remember them less often when I'm really stressed (which may reflect a lack of REM sleep as much as it reflects issues with memory) unless they're unbelievably disturbing nightmares.

I remember my dreams very vividly, lucid and in colour.
Silent Lucidity is the perfect song for the way I dream.
They are usually about everyday activities or being somewhere else other than where I live.
I enjoy most of them.
Rarely have nightmares.
The only thing I have problems with my dreams now is almost every night the family members that have died are in them and it feels like I am living my life again.
Then I wake up to a sudden panic sensation of realising that will never be again. I am alone in a world of trees.
Errr, I mean people. o_O

Vaguely remember them. Even the ones that woke me in panic. Because they are only dreams I don't try to remember them.

That said, if I do try to think about dreams it will be from the perspective of emotion and gravity (or lack thereof)

Being afraid enough to run (in a dream) and recognising the fear and emergency but not being able to push off the ground with my feet in order to sprint faster ... frustrating.

If my recollection is accurate, I don't speak to people in my dreams ! (?) I can't remember ever talking to or with anyone?

I can remember (fuzzily) being in a dream whereby I felt I was responsible for the safety of a group of people on evading a predator. It meant certain death should this animal have found us. The group were acting in a way that signalled our position.
I felt frustration and disbelief but never once gave them instruction on how to stay alive??

I rarely do, except like you those during a nap, which quickly fade.
Nightmares tend to leave a longer imprint, but it's still pretty vague.

Also, my dreams are incredibly boring, my brain seems mostly interested in rehashing everyday situations, but just the negative ones, such as office stuff when I still worked (meaning they were also synonymous with added stress even as I slept).

Oh, every once in a while, I will dream of food. A few nights back, I bought 3 mangoes on the street in one part of a dream, and later on into another dream, I was upset that I hadn't had a chance to eat the mangoes yet, and obsessing over one of them going bad. Wasting food is a pet peeve of mine, but I'd love to get a break sometimes.

Boring huh? I once dreamt i was reading a book..

Dreams are a form of processing stress and going over life events,I think.

Though it may not always seem so at the time. I always used tomtry to dream as it meant i was kind of going over things when i was asleep,like revision.
Sort of like making conscious things,subconscious, maybe.

That's interesting. Not sure if i do. Im more observing the character that is me...
Anyway back to sleep...

I think more often than not I am also watching me being me. Not animated like in the waking hours but more of a (mostly) calmer observation.

Pretty much always remember them. Sometimes they're weird and don't make a whole lot of sense and sometimes they're weird but hilarious and I have to tell my husband about them.

Whew...I had a "deusy" of one two nights ago. A classic hypnopompic hallucination. Where I'm not sure my dream stopped and reality began, while coming out of rapid-eye movement (REM) sleep.

It wasn't whatever I was dreaming about that upset me, but rather the distinct four loud taps I heard. As if someone took a coin and tapped hard on my kitchen countertop. Did someone knock on my front door? Pigeons making noise against my bedroom window? Yet no evidence of any break-in either. :eek:

I came to the conclusion that the tapping I thought I heard was likely when I was still in a dream state. That it was my apprehension afterwards when awake that was so real. o_O

Last night I had no such disturbances at all. :)

Being in bed or in much of any state of sleep is one situation which usually precludes me from assessing much of any experience being paranormal in nature. That most likely it's your own brain operating on a premise of where it cannot accurately determine a threshold of where reality ends and dreams begin- or vice versa.

Though for me it still can be a creepy experience at times. Something I can't always rationalize in real-time.

Last edited:
Do you like your dreams? Which ones do you like?

I remember many of my dreams after waking and I enjoy most of them. I could do without the nightmares though.

The dreams that are wildly vivid are the ones that tend to stay with me the longest. I can still recall the most vivid dreams from my childhood way too easily. Then again, I also have a lot of dumb dreams where I'm just left wondering what the heck did any of that mean?

For a while, I kept a journal of my dreams just as a writing exercise but I was too lazy to keep up with it. I found that writing my dreams down right after I woke up helped me to analyze them for themes and repetition. Actually, keeping the journal helped me realize I was having a recurring dream over several months. The dream was always in a different setting but had the same theme/message. Was pretty interesting. I might have to try the journal thing again.

When I was 6 years old, I had a nightmare that the serpent of hell (Satan) ripped my mom's heart out of her chest. Also this week I've had nightmares I people eating babies. It freaks me out.

Yes,watching me being me. A view from above sort of.

The only time I ever see myself in a dream is if I look in a mirror, or look down at my limbs (and then, of course, all I can see is my limbs -- first-person perspective). Ditto for if I imagine myself in waking hours.

New Threads

Top Bottom