• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you often go out of topic?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
I've noticed that alot of AS sites and even myself do that is that we can get out of topic at times.
I'm just wondering, do you ever go out of topic?

Do people accuse me of being off-topic? Yes.

But I don't I do go off topic to be honest, I just more loosely associate ideas than the average person and tend to talk funny.

Yes I do, I am guilty as charged. Now take me off to the local forum jail. lol

No seriously though, I do go off topic at times, and sometimes I don't mean to. :S

Yup. :p Off to womanly forum jail I go. XD!

Anyways, to try to stay on this topic... How often do you go off topic?

It's about 50/50 for me. :D Depends on the forum and how comfortable I feel. ;)

Trust me, you see me do it all the time, no matter what forum I go to, there would be a moderator who would tell me that I'm either going off topic or making duplicate posts. :lol2:

I actually don't do as much now, but it only happens when I get really interested.

Hmmm. Mostly not. But there's not a forum where people don't go offtopic so if this is something AS i doubt.

Yes, all the time.

It keeps the conversation going, keeps it interesting. I don't know why it's so socially unacceptable...
Isn't it boring to talk about the same thing for 10 minutes? Even if it's my special interest?

This is one area, other than interrupting, that makes my husband go mad! I just sometimes cannot help myself because as we talk, my mind is abuzz with other things and I am so eager, I just talk and poor hubs can't keep up.

I never do it with intent; just out of excitement, but sadly, not seen that way, but plain bloody minded behaviour, that needs to be stamped out!

Yes, I tend to ramble a lot, or give a lot of unnecessary detail, especially when I'm nervous! On forums I do it too, but I check what I've written before posting and often find myself needing to cut out a lot of unnecessary detail.

I used to think that I NEVER have one-sided conversations. Oh, I was so wrong...

Yeah, my brother finally explained to me just how much I ramble and how "long-winded" I am. Haha, I wasn't sure what long-winded meant, so I googled it and such... yeah. Now, I try to remember to ask people if I've talked too much or something, just as a way to check in. It would probably be less awkward if I just timed myself in my head though.

Yep! You have no idea how many times, while talking to someone, I stopped and asked myself: "how did I even get here?", suddenly remembering what the topic was about initially... And then I try to build all the chain of thoughts that brought me there, totally forgetting about a conversation itself. :sweatsmile: Trying to work on it though.

Yep! You have no idea how many times, while talking to someone, I stopped and asked myself: "how did I even get here?", suddenly remembering what the topic was about initially... And then I try to build all the chain of thoughts that brought me there, totally forgetting about a conversation itself. :sweatsmile: Trying to work on it though.

Yeah, a lot of times I end with, "Wait, I'm sorry. What was your question again?" LOL!

New Threads

Top Bottom