• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like Fireworks/Bonfire night?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
To be honest I'm not a fan of fireworks, I like organised displays but lately there's been idiots setting them off in the Street around where I live in Sheffield, England, very late at night as well.

How about you guys?

I like them but due to my light sensitivity I can find them hard to look at if they're too bright. Doesn't help that your eyes get adjusted to being in the dark anyway. But it's not that often I attend Guy Fawkes night celebrations.

I'm not particularly fond of fireworks too much. Though I don't mind looking at them from a distance since I can appreciate their bright colours. Fireworks can very common around bonfire night in the UK during November, and I'm not very fond of loud noises up close due to sound sensitivity. I don't think my Pug likes fireworks either XD

i have brutal anxiety and severe challenging behavior in response to fire works because of the unpredictibility and the noise,im currently on high doseages of diazepam from yesterday,today and tomorrow,plus im using my CBD oil vape and listening to music through headphones to hide the fireworks noise.

i am staying at my mum and dads house tonight with my cat,mr shadow,i do this every year as my dads house is old and has very thick walls and good double glazing.
i love the look of fireworks unfortunately, and i have a couple of firework apps on my phone so i can see them without the noise,its crap really but its the next best thing.

I love fireworks myself as they're not too noisy (for me, anyway), and I love the colours; I also know when to expect them. However, I hate fire crackers as they really are loud; I was in Paris one Bastille Day when they kept going off right by me as I walked past, and it was horrible. I'm too young to know, but felt it was like being in the Blitz.

Penguin likes both.

I do want to improve my photography skills to take better pictures of fireworks.

Next year I want to take photos of a fire pit when I go camping. The closest thing I got to this is a fire stove. Capturing fire in video in slow motion is very cool.

Sounds I can anticipate that involve a certain amount of ambience I like.

Equally sounds I don't anticipate are usually unwanted and can cause me a certain amount of stress if loud enough and completely unexpected.

Use of personal fireworks here is a crime given the fire hazard.

I don't personally care for fireworks. Public displays where the schedule is made clear are classy at least. There's a restaurant near me that doesn't even put fireworks notifications on their website even though I've asked them do, and they get shot from right outside my door on the other side of the road. So annoying!

The street ones are sucky anywhere you go. People are looking to get their quick fix on playing with something firey-like is all it is really.

I like looking at fireworks as long I am not too close up to the noise and I also get scared if they are going off too close to me but from a safe distance they are pretty.

I like fireworks, but I despise the usually chilly night it's on. I also find the whole occasion of burning an effigy of Guy Fawkes quite macabre, like witch burning. It should be moved to St. George's Day when it's nice and warm, whereas Scotland and Wales can have them on their national day. Still keep the fire burning tradition though, and stick a dragon or whatever on top instead. I'm not really into toasting effigies of real-life people.

New Threads

Top Bottom